E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Need Help I changed my own brakes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
Need Help I changed my own brakes

I recently changed my own front and rear brake pads everything when good but know Im getting some noise coming from the front calipper's. When I step on the brake pedal it sounds as if the brake piston has a little room and it makes a clicking noise. I took the tires off and checked the calippers and the piston is still fully in how do I make the piston align its self so there the piston is not fully pressed in.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
Originally Posted by Andres
I recently changed my own front and rear brake pads everything when good but know Im getting some noise coming from the front calipper's. When I step on the brake pedal it sounds as if the brake piston has a little room and it makes a clicking noise. I took the tires off and checked the calippers and the piston is still fully in how do I make the piston align its self so there the piston is not fully pressed in.
So when you press on the brake the piston doesnt move? This doesnt make sense, are the brake lines screwed on? Is there fluid in the resevoir? Did you bleed the brakes? Are you getting any warning messages from the cars SBC system?
Old 03-23-2008, 02:09 PM

2003 E320

No the car brakes well but there is a sound when you press the brake as if there was a small gap between the brake pad and the clipper piston. I took them off and then the piston is fully pressed in.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:22 PM

S500
sounds like one of your pistons froze. doesnt this happen when the piston doesnt go in straight but rather at an angle? have you tried getting it to come out at all? sounds like its just stuck, maybe try putting it back in, or in even more? maybe that will straighten it out, see if it comes out this time.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
When you reassembled did it look like the photo with the clip in the correct place?
Attached Thumbnails Need Help I changed my own brakes-completed-pad-replacement.jpg