E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2003 E500 Ticking Noise - Recall Info?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 Ticking Noise - Recall Info?

Okay. I have an E500 with a supposed 'lower engine tick', that happens 'in the morning', I was told. I drove it out once pretty decently, and heard no such noise. The car felt tight and drove very well, and I hard NOTHING whatsoever. The car was very pleasant to drive, it seemed like a fine car. But the company of whom the car was in possession of before us (leasing company), of whom have many many cars in their possession and don't really see a car and get into contact with a single car too much considering they only have each car a couple weeks at a time (at which time they also have 60 other cars in their possession) told us they heard a tick, called a mechanic, and that said it had a lower engine 'tick' and needed a new motor. We talked to the mechanic under the assumption that the vehicle needed a new motor because it had 'a lower engine tick'. I was told that this was a lower engine mount problem, which had a recall, but in the United States. Is this recall available in Canada?

If not, what is the cost of a lower engine mount repair/replacement?

(RE: Recall - MBUSA DTB P-B-07.00/21f)

Thanks.

btw, its a 2003 w/ 60k miles (110km).
Old 03-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by OneOfShempsKids
I was told that this was a lower engine mount problem, which had a recall, but in the United States. Is this recall available in Canada?
(RE: Recall - MBUSA DTB P-B-07.00/21f)
For the record I said DTB (Dealer Technical Bulletin) not recall. “Note only recalls and service campaigns do not expire out of warranty however, if a DTB documents a part modification to resolve a malfunction or defect from production you can argue for goodwill assistance.” http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211...ml#post2812862

The DTB P-B-07.00/21f attached in my email to you should serve as adequate documentation for MB Canada to consider goodwill assistance.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally Posted by OneOfShempsKids
Okay. I have an E500...
"One Of Shemps Kids" Did you watch them or are you a Howard?
Old 03-28-2008, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by konigstiger
For the record I said DTB (Dealer Technical Bulletin) not recall. “Note only recalls and service campaigns do not expire out of warranty however, if a DTB documents a part modification to resolve a malfunction or defect from production you can argue for goodwill assistance.” http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211...ml#post2812862

The DTB P-B-07.00/21f attached in my email to you should serve as adequate documentation for MB Canada to consider goodwill assistance.
Thanks again. I'm not familiar with Mercedes-Benz, and had read on another forum/thread that this was an actual 'recall'. That caused me to misunderstand and assume that the term 'goodwill assistance' was just Mercedes-Benz phrasing for the word 'recall' without saying 'we messed up'! Anyway, thanks again. Your help is very much appreciated.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
I don't know what that means!

I work in a level of car wholesale! I may ask a few questions here and there on different car forums just to solve business problems. Sometimes Mechanics don't know what they're talking about and I like to confer with the people that actually own the car because they are well informed.

Nice talking to you!
Old 03-28-2008, 07:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
The boys from Bath Beach, Brooklyn!
Attached Thumbnails 2003 E500 Ticking Noise - Recall Info?-legalize-shemp.jpg  
Old 03-28-2008, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by konigstiger
The boys from Bath Beach, Brooklyn!

Actually, the name is a typo I made on a message board several years ago. It was meant to be "One of Kemp's Kids". Kemp, Shawn Kemp is a basketball player of the Seattle Sonics who was known for his exciting high flying play, great dunks, love of women, and large number of children sprinkled throughout the United States in cities in which the Seattle Supersonics played. He has a kid playing in college basketball right now (one was bound to make it!).

Was a great player though!
Old 03-29-2008, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Shemp, Moe and "Curley" Howard were brothers who along with Larry Fine made up the original "3 Stooges". Nyuk Nyuk!