E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Pewter with Ash Interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2002, 02:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Prius & Miata MX5 PRHT, 2010 Toyota Venza AWD, 05 C55 AMG, Yamaha 1100 Custom, Honda 250 Reflex
Question Pewter with Ash Interior

Anybody here who owns a Pewter with Ash Interior? Will appreciate it if you can post pictures and comments on this combo.

I really like Pewter, but prefer to stay away from Charcoal and Stone if possible. TIA for any info or recommendations.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:56 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
'18 AMG GTR '16 BMW M3 - '05 Porsche Carrera S
Look for a thread called (got it got it got it !! .....) by juke-box for pics of platinum blue with ash. Look for a thread by muhri2 wiht the name she is here for pics of platinum blue with charcoal.
Old 12-12-2002, 12:48 PM

2003 E500
Feffe posted pics of his CLK in pewter/stone on the CLK 209 forum I believe.

Not sure if I've seen pewter/ash on these boards, but obviously the ash is the large double-spread interior in the E-brochure, showing 3 passengers and the various temperatures around the car (the 8:32am page shot from overhead).

Ash is also the color on on drive dynamic seat shown on the '6:23pm" page.
Old 12-12-2002, 12:56 PM

2003 MB E500
I have pewter/stone and love they way it looks but I do think the stone interior will be very hard to keep clean based on my experience so far.
Old 12-12-2002, 04:38 PM

Ray,if you had your time over again would you still order the Stone because it looks so good or would you go for another more practical color?
Old 12-12-2002, 04:54 PM

2003 MB E500
Originally posted by Callaway
Ray,if you had your time over again would you still order the Stone because it looks so good or would you go for another more practical color?
No question IMO the stone interior with the burl wood cannot be beat. It looks soooo good. I don't like ash with pewter and I'm afraid the charcoal may be too dark with pewter. However, over the long haul, if i cannot keep the stone interior clean, charcoal may end up looking better in the long run. If the stone interior cleans up well or I can find something to put on it to help keep it clean it should be okay. At this point in time 1.1K miles, I'd still order the stone because it looks great and I'm not crazy about the other color choices. A year from now I may feel i should have gone pewter/charcoal.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E350 AMG E63 Pack.
Rays, do you happen to remenber a while back a guy here that posted some pics of an E500 in Texas with Pewter/Charcoal, I wanted the other day to look at them, but I dont find them aywhere.

Also IMO, I dont think that pewter/Ash would look good.
Pewter is a kind of dark goldish grey , therefore a no no for me.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:03 PM

As I wrote in another thread I have arranged to get a set of Charcoal mats for my car to put on my floor to reduce the dirt and it looks great!

Maybe worth a try.
Old 12-12-2002, 05:40 PM

2003 E500
Originally posted by Crazy4Cars
Rays, do you happen to remenber a while back a guy here that posted some pics of an E500 in Texas with Pewter/Charcoal, I wanted the other day to look at them, but I dont find them aywhere.

the pewter/charcoal was chris's... search on ctouhey
Old 12-12-2002, 06:01 PM

2013 S550
... and I need to post some updated pictures since I've done the Zaino treatment and have the wood/leather wheel. If it's pretty this weekend I'll take a few more pictures after a Z7 wash and Z6 QD. I think the charcoal works well with the burl wood and the pewter. I'll do a couple of interior shots also. The wood wheel is what really brings it all together, IMO.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:31 PM
mco

ML430, E500
There was a pewter/ash car at my dealers. Interesting it is not a special order despite what the brochure says. IMO it looked terrible. The ash really clashes with the pewter. It is because the pewter has a slight brown tint. I would not recommend it.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:51 PM

2000 BMW 540i
Since were talking about colors, does anyone have any where to look for Jade Black? Any thoughts on interior colors if not stone??

Thanks
Old 12-13-2002, 12:07 AM

I agree that Pewter and Ash just doesn't work together.

The thing that I can't understand is in my E Class brochure it says that this combination is "recommended" and the nicer and better looking combination of Pewter and Stone is only "possible".

It should state at the very least that both combinations are "recommended" or even the other way around!!

Is it a mistake?

Weird!!
Old 12-13-2002, 02:25 AM

Oooops

I thought the first message of the thread said platinum blue. I agree with the rest of the guys regarding cubinate silver (peweter) being best looking with either stone or charcoal... ash is a no no imo.. I would go with Charcoal like I did with my car for the dirt factor with stone. Though stone looks great I admit.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:00 AM

Received 86 Likes on 58 Posts
Crazy4Cars, I have seen many Pewter/Charcoal and Pewter/Stone Combos and both look good, but I have the same concern that Charcoal is too dark and too me stone is too yellow and light. Have you seen Pewter in person, it is actually, not gold, but more silvery. And Ash is less gray and more a cross between gray and brown, so I think it may go with Pewter, but not sure.

BTW, here are some really good pics of Pewter/Charcoal,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...873569842&rd=1

and some of Pewter/Stone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...873568901&rd=1

BUT PLEASE SOMEONE POST Pewter/Ash, I have not seen the combo, and still have a little time before my car is built that I can change the color.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:40 AM

Originally posted by mco
There was a pewter/ash car at my dealers. Interesting it is not a special order despite what the brochure says. IMO it looked terrible. The ash really clashes with the pewter. It is because the pewter has a slight brown tint. I would not recommend it.
mco,

Can you pm me with the name of the dealer? I goto No. Cal quite often and maybe I can stop and see it if they still have it.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:58 AM

Originally posted by abhansali
Crazy4Cars, I have seen many Pewter/Charcoal and Pewter/Stone Combos and both look good, but I have the same concern that Charcoal is too dark and too me stone is too yellow and light. Have you seen Pewter in person, it is actually, not gold, but more silvery. And Ash is less gray and more a cross between gray and brown, so I think it may go with Pewter, but not sure.

BUT PLEASE SOMEONE POST Pewter/Ash, I have not seen the combo, and still have a little time before my car is built that I can change the color.

The second one (with the stone interior) is not Pewter - Its desert silver which is more like a golden color..
Old 12-13-2002, 06:48 AM

Yeah, Desert Silver is too beige-looks too old fashioned for such a modern looking car.

Pewter changes with the light from grey to brownish silver depending on the light.

Last edited by Callaway; 12-13-2002 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-13-2002, 10:26 AM
mco

ML430, E500
It was at Stead in Walnut Creek, but this was about a month ago and it was ordered by a customer and I'm sure its not there anymore. I would strongly encourage anyone to see this combo in person before ordering.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:23 PM

2003 MB E500

Sorry, I don't know the thread. I agree that ash doesn;t work with pewter. To bluish looking IMO.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:37 PM

These idiots need to learn about bandwidth - no need for jpegs that fricking huge - just reduce the ppi to 72 and they will look exactly the same on the screen because that's all a screen will register for a jpeg!! Even with a high-speed connection, these pages take forever to appear. Can't even fathom what it would take for a dialup...
Old 12-13-2002, 12:53 PM

2003 MB E500

I just looked at the charcoal link. My seats on my E500 have small perforations on the seats. The ones in this link appear to have solid leather on the seats. Is it just the way it looks in the picture or what?
Old 12-13-2002, 01:45 PM

2003 E500
My en route car is pewter/ash, and those are huge pix on eBay, but the photog really did a thorough job of coverage on the interior.

I can understand the choice of stone - it really looks nicely rich and warm with the wood (particularly in the ebay photos of the pewter car). My personal issue was I wasn't hot about the brownish plastic/dash/wheel/door panels - too many earthtones stacked up for me.

As for charcoal - I didn't want it as an interior for the same reason many folks comment on black exteriors: the cleaning nightmare, showing any dust, just a very dark (duh!) interior.

I wanted 'lighter' and the brown dash was what eliminated stone as a choice for me. Not that I know what color I'd make the dash if I could design a stone-leather-interior myself.
Old 12-13-2002, 02:00 PM

waiting for your pics jposhea3...
Old 12-13-2002, 02:01 PM

Originally posted by rayscar
I just looked at the charcoal link. My seats on my E500 have small perforations on the seats. The ones in this link appear to have solid leather on the seats. Is it just the way it looks in the picture or what?
I think in pictures you tend not to see the perforations on black seats, but I have seen the car live and they are there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pewter with Ash Interior