E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

pics of my brilliant silver / ash E320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
pics of my brilliant silver / ash E320

here are some pics that i took last week of my brilliant silver / ash W211.

i can post them in here directly but figured i would save some space on the servers here. if it's better to just post them in here, let me know.

otherwise, the pictures are up at:

http://www.hanguk.com/~danpaik/car/car_pics/index.html

enjoy.

Rock.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:31 PM

2003 MB E500
Great looking car. Congrats and enjoy it Rock72
Old 12-17-2002, 12:48 PM

2003 E320
thanks

thanks for the compliment.

like you, i'm a bit worried about keeping the interior clean (especially the cloth on the bottom near the doors).

zaino has arrived. clay magic blue bar has been purchased. i'll probably do that next weekend. i figured i'll practice the claying and zaino on my wife's car this weekend in case i mess up and scratch the paint a little...and i'll do my car next week when i'm an expert .

Rock
Old 12-17-2002, 02:19 PM

Nice pics! I'm sure you'll enjoy the car.

Don't worry too much about the claying and zaino process...it isn't difficult. Just make sure you use plenty of lubricant (water w/ Z-7) when you clay and you shouldn't scratch your car.

I followed all of the good advice on the detailing forum and was very pleased with the results.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: thanks

Originally posted by Rock72
thanks for the compliment.

like you, i'm a bit worried about keeping the interior clean (especially the cloth on the bottom near the doors).

zaino has arrived. clay magic blue bar has been purchased. i'll probably do that next weekend. i figured i'll practice the claying and zaino on my wife's car this weekend in case i mess up and scratch the paint a little...and i'll do my car next week when i'm an expert .

Rock
nice pics, but remember, if your going to practice claying on your wifres car, DO NOT use the same bar on the benz, you will get a lot of scratches, and it will be a lot harder on your wifes car, it will be a breeze on the benz
Old 12-17-2002, 02:56 PM

2003 E320
sure thing. i did my homework (read a few hundred posts in the detaling forum - especially the one with bmms8 and jame55 going back and forth about claying, etc....lol). thanks for your comments in there.

i got 2 boxes of blue clay magic and will cut each bar into 4 pieces. i will definitely not be using the same clay that i used on her car. i just wanted to use her car to practice and i'll toss out the used clay.

i got zaino from Ira over at lazaino.com and i got some towels and applicators from him also. he's a good guy (spent like 20 min on the phone explaining stuff). i also bought some MF towels (2 wash mitts and 1 car drying towel) from microfibertech.com. i spent like $200 on all this stuff!

and i'll make sure i work in small areas, fold clay often, and spray lots of lube (z7 + 16 oz water) when i do my car.

i'm pretty sure i would be fine just going directly on my car this weekend but i just wanted to be extra safe.

i actually wasn't planning on posting the pics in here since the car basically looks like all of the other pictures (and it's no longer a novelty like it was 2 months ago) in here but i guess another look at the color combo is good.

Rock
Old 12-17-2002, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Originally posted by Rock72
sure thing. i did my homework (read a few hundred posts in the detaling forum - especially the one with bmms8 and jame55 going back and forth about claying, etc....lol). thanks for your comments in there.

i got 2 boxes of blue clay magic and will cut each bar into 4 pieces. i will definitely not be using the same clay that i used on her car. i just wanted to use her car to practice and i'll toss out the used clay.

i got zaino from Ira over at lazaino.com and i got some towels and applicators from him also. he's a good guy (spent like 20 min on the phone explaining stuff). i also bought some MF towels (2 wash mitts and 1 car drying towel) from microfibertech.com. i spent like $200 on all this stuff!

and i'll make sure i work in small areas, fold clay often, and spray lots of lube (z7 + 16 oz water) when i do my car.

i'm pretty sure i would be fine just going directly on my car this weekend but i just wanted to be extra safe.

i actually wasn't planning on posting the pics in here since the car basically looks like all of the other pictures (and it's no longer a novelty like it was 2 months ago) in here but i guess another look at the color combo is good.

Rock

wow, it sure does seem you did do your hw you basically know everything, but when you put zaino on, the directions say to go in circles, then in up and down motions, you dont need to go in circles though, on the hood, roof, and trunk, go back in forth, like hood to trunk, in that direction, and all the dorrs and stuff, go up and down, that will work best. just remember you clean your car very very well b4 zainoing, that is how you will get your best look....i zainoed my 98 camry, i dawned, and clayed a month b4 i zainoed!!! i basically wasted so much time, because it made no difference at all, then on the e500, i spent 7.5 hours doing everything, and it looks a lot better. gl with your car rock, and btw, where do you live?
Old 12-17-2002, 04:09 PM

2003 E320
cool

thanks for the info. yeah, i read up on the directions. basically, i'll never go in circles for anything (clay, wax, wash, etc.)...it's always verticle and horizontal (depending on if it's doors or hood). i got the car, got bored at work, read everything on this site, zainobros.com, etc.

like your camry, i'm thinking that my wife's 1996 honda accord won't make much of a difference either since her paint job isn't so great. so my expectation of her car isn't so high. i saw pictures of your car after you zainoed and it looks great.

my other car is a 1996 ford explorer. no way in hell i'm going to clay or do anything to that car...it'll take me literally all day. plus the paint job is screwed up anyway from too many trips up to big bear, mammoth, etc....with rocks, salt, snow, etc.

i'm up in redondo beach. so i'm probably around 80 miles or so north of you.

Rock
Old 12-18-2002, 12:24 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
'18 AMG GTR '16 BMW M3 - '05 Porsche Carrera S
Very nice - Congrats and Enjoy.