E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

New 09 E350 4Matic in Colorado

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 C63 and 2008 BMW M5
Originally Posted by 220S
I'm wanting to know, too. I'd like to know what is the actual price of the car. There is a $3600 return to the dealer for a lease, and a $6000 return for marketing support. That can make the car an exceptional deal if the dealer will work with you to get it off their lot. Should be way below invoice, depending on geographic location. It's early October, but I don't know any dealer that's going to even come close to any MB predicted sales figures.

p.s., and also what they gave you in trade. Wholesale prices are sinking like a rock esp, on something like a 650.

Okay, never mind Now I see the OP was back in August and so all numbers are pretty irrelevant today. But I'm am curious what the selling price on that vehicle was.....

Well you see he wants to advertise this dealer about such a great price but not the numbers and keeps wanting users to waste our time to negotiate with his sales rep which is ridiculous and mess up. You wanna talk about your car fine no problem we love it but don't try and advertise business for your sales rep and say sorry the number is confidential and call him and negotiate. Save it we can call any dealer and do that. We are here to help and SHARE info with each other. Thats the main point of this forum. Maybe next time you will grow up and not tease people here with your nonsense about your supposed good deal.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
Originally Posted by mbe3504matic
Well you see he wants to advertise this dealer about such a great price but not the numbers and keeps wanting users to waste our time to negotiate with his sales rep which is ridiculous and mess up. You wanna talk about your car fine no problem we love it but don't try and advertise business for your sales rep and say sorry the number is confidential and call him and negotiate. Save it we can call any dealer and do that. We are here to help and SHARE info with each other. Thats the main point of this forum. Maybe next time you will grow up and not tease people here with your nonsense about your supposed good deal.
Yeah, I think it's helpful if everyone can share that kind of info. We all need to know what the going rate is, and if people are getting good deals then that means each of us can go into the deal armed with that info.

No dealer ever told me what I pay for a car is 'confidential.'

So, I agree, sharing will help all of us. They do that in the BMW and Porsche forums. And all the dealer's costs are available as stickies and as .pdf files.

And so, I'll walk the walk myself

I just purchased a MY09 E350 sport package with P2, leather, parktronic, illuminated sills, electronic trunk close, panorama, rear side window blinds, metallic paint. MSRP was $63,485 which doesn't reflect the $1300 MB increase as of this month, so it's the older price. I purchased it for $56,155.

I imagine I could have tried to keep going for more, but they seemed to be truly stopped at that price. And it was a rare car on the lot (Sienna Black on Sahara beige/black), so I had that going against me. Plus I would have had to order to get another car optioned the same, and pay the new price increase. I also didn't know about the market support going back to the dealer on E350s for this month.

Was it a 'good' deal? I don't know. But spending a lot of extra time haggling is a cost to me, too. I felt good with the deal in the end.

This was in SoCal (where money is tight but there is a lot of wealth and some folks with money see this as a time to buy.)

I hope others can share their new car deals just as they seem willing to post their used car deals. As mbe3504matic says, it does help us all.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Dema
Accordingly september sales numbers, MB tops all luxury segments. And it is very strange if it is below expectations. It means other makers are doing even worse however not willing negotiate too much. I wanted to buy 535, but got stuck with a dealer so switched to MB.
Dema, you're correct that MB beat out BMW in September. I was referring to the expectations for October. According to many here, those figures will not match expectations that were hoped for. But we'll have to see what happens.

I was shopping for the 550i and with the left over MY08s on the lot, and got good deals from the dealers here (SoCal.) Two of the dealers really wanted to get them off the lot. And some said they weren't even allocating for any new MY09 550s because of the new 555i coming late in 2010.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
I am on market for 550i too. Wanted something like:
Transmission: Sport Automatic w/Shift Paddle
Cold Weather Package
Sport Package
iPod and USB Adaptor
Navigation System
Comfort Access System
Power Rear-Window Sunshade
I still think that 550i can be better than Genesis 4.6, at least a little faster.
I appreciate if you couild share deal details in public or PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Dema
I am on market for 550i too. Wanted something like:
Transmission: Sport Automatic w/Shift Paddle
Cold Weather Package
Sport Package
iPod and USB Adaptor
Navigation System
Comfort Access System
Power Rear-Window Sunshade
I still think that 550i can be better than Genesis 4.6, at least a little faster.
I appreciate if you couild share deal details in public or PM.
Dema, are you in SoCal? If so, South Bay BMW has several 550s on the lot that have those options. If you are leasing, it's 0.9% right now from BMWNA. If you can get to South Bay, see Robert Dixon. He's a BMW enthusiast (he races BMWs) and knows the cars well. I found him to be a no-nonsense salesperson.
http://www.merchantcircle.com/busine...s.310-750-5751

The nav option is now trunk money for the dealer. I think that is through October(?) So, you can attempt to reduce the nav cost off from dealer's invoice. The MY09 appears to not have the newer CIC iDrive system, instead it has the new controller but the older CCC system version. Getting a MY08 doesn't put you at any disadvantage over a MY09, imho. And then there is the price increase on the MY09. Unless for some reason you absolutely have to have Neptune Blue which will only be available with the MY09.

Here are the links to the .pdf files for invoice pricing: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139

I never got to the point where I actually sat down and discussed absolute numbers, but the initial offers were around $2k off invoice. And they said they "could do better" if I was ready. (The prices on used MY08s at the Manheim auctions are really tanking right now, so resale down the road will mean a big hit.)

The 550i is the next best thing to a M5, imho. With the ZSP (sport option) they come very close to the fun factor of the M5.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Thanks for the info. I'm in No Cali, however we should have similar conditions. I will see local dealers over next weekend.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Charcoal Grey E350 Coupe
Extremely nice ride ,Z. From all the cars I've seen with the Pano roof,it's cars
like yours that look the best. Good Luck with it.....
Old 10-19-2008, 02:57 PM

1953 Fiat Topolino
No Staggered Wheels/Tires on Sport Package '09 4Matics...

Tymah123: Regarding your question on whether MB offers staggered wheels/tires on E class with 4Matics. On my particular '09 350E 4 Matic with the Sport Pkg option, the wheels and tires are NOT staggered (different sizes) front and rears. In my particular case, the AMG 5 spoke wheels are 8.5 x 18 front and rear. The tires are ContiPro Contacts 245/40 R 18 93V M&S Radial Tubeless all around. I believe that is the current set up for the E350 sedan 4Matic with the optional Sport Package (this pkg. not available on the waqon). The E550 sedan comes standard with Sport Pkg but it similarly doesn't provide staggered wheels/tires on the 4Matic version of that model. All of this conforms with the information clearly documented in the 2009 E-Class brochure for the US. Saludos, Z356
Old 10-19-2008, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Z356, What was the final price of your car to determine your lease? And what was the trade-in on the 650? And on the Mini? What is your lease? (see my posts above, where I disclose my deal which was an outright sale and not a lease.) There's nothing "confidential" about all this, but as forum members it's very helpful; and, to be honest, a lot more helpful than describing the specific attributes of your car (we all have that info available.) This is part of what makes forums so useful for all the members. On the BMW and Porsche forums they tend to share this info readily.

p.s., in your OP, you mentioned not been able to dip the passenger mirror while in reverse (as in the BMWs.) Here is how it's done: you first set the memory for the passenger with mirror dipped. Then you select the passenger mirror button and put the car in reverse. The passenger mirror will dip. A few seconds after taking it out of reverse, the mirror returns to its original position (or just select the driver mirror button.) MB's method allows one to easily choose using the dip function or not.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels

p.s., in your OP, you mentioned not been able to dip the passenger mirror while in reverse (as in the BMWs.) Here is how it's done: you first set the memory for the passenger with mirror dipped. Then you select the passenger mirror button and put the car in reverse. The passenger mirror will dip. A few seconds after taking it out of reverse, the mirror returns to its original position (or just select the driver mirror button.) MB's method allows one to easily choose using the dip function or not.
220s, the feature was removed via SDS on 2007+ cars because of too many complaints from people that the mirror didn't return to its normal position after being placed in drive again. This feature can be enabled via SDS and your dealer can do it in less than 5 minutes.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
220s, the feature was removed via SDS on 2007+ cars because of too many complaints from people that the mirror didn't return to its normal position after being placed in drive again. This feature can be enabled via SDS and your dealer can do it in less than 5 minutes.
That's interesting. Thanks! Mine worked out of the box. So, I'm assuming my salesperson activated it(?)

I doubt I'll ever use it, however. With my BMWs I didn't find it useful since I think I've developed good (no curb rash!) parking techniques over the years; I found that a dipped mirror threw off my perspective.

btw, my salesperson was really super and had set some things up before I picked up the car. Went through everything in detail; a good couple of hours. I haven't had to read the manual (yet)
Old 10-19-2008, 05:16 PM

'07 GL450, '98 Wrangler
Very nice - congratulations. Plus - now you have a trunk large enough to hold your Fiat Topolino!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:04 PM

1953 Fiat Topolino
Dipping Mirrors and Freedom of Expression

The head mechanic at my dealer informed me that the dipping mirror feature appeared to be removed on my '09 E class. I would be interested to know the experience of others that have an '09 E class regarding this dipping mirror 'feature'.

220S. If you analyse your post, you will see that if I was to tell you what I got for my 650 and Mini will not bring you closer to understanding whether the pricing I received on my '09 E Class was favorable or not. I carefully studied the used car market for both cars for several months and shopped them around various dealers (mostly BMW ones). Take my word that the buy price I received from MB of Westminster was my best offer. I disclosed the fact that I was trading in two cars in my original post so that the readers of this forum would understand that my deal was 'complicated' precisely because these trades. Did it have an affect on my E350 deal? Probably. As I see it, the dealer probably hoped to make most of his money on my 'entire' transaction as the result of the resale of my two 'used' vehicles and perhaps could afford to be more generous with his deal on the '09 E class. Thus, I didn't want to imply to our forum members that MB dealers (including MB or Westminster at that time) would give everyone this same deal on leasing a new '09 E350. That is why I kept the exact cost information 'confidential', which after careful review of our forum rules, you will agree is a choice I am entitled to, as well as my right. But since the economic climate for luxury car dealers has dramatically shifted in the months since I bought the car and leasing rates have changed, I will now disclose the specific of my deal to satisfy your curiosity. The capitalized cost of my lease was $55,770. The MSRP was $62,255. That capitalized cost included a $1,095 acquisition fee paid to MB Financial (required for all leases they do) and an extraordinary $1000 transportation expense I paid to get specific car I wanted shipped from the allocated dealer in Connecticut to Colorado (which most of you would not have to pay if the car is in dealer stock or nearby dealer for trade). With local taxes included, my lease is less than $800 per month (zero down). So now you can compare my deal with the cash deal on your E350 and determine whether or not you think I got a good deal on my lease. I am happy with it and that is what matters most. Finally, if you read carefully the responses to my original post in this forum, it is precisely the 'specific attributes' of my car (white exterior color with a distinct 'black' panorama roof, cognac/black leather interior, optional walnut wood trim vs standard birdseye maple Sport Pkg trim), which you have dismissed as unhelpful, that has received the most comments and provided the most discussion on this thread. Perhaps you will have to admit that this forum caters to many interests other than those narrow financial ones you seem to focus on. Our readers are very discerning and appreciate all points of views, which is something this forum encourages. I hope you will allow me to continue to word my posts as I see fit and I will respect your right to phrase your posts according to your own wishes. Thank you. Saludos, Z356
Old 10-19-2008, 08:22 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
I ALWAYS use my dipping Mirror function, I didn't know the '07+'s had them seemingly discontinued (?), I would be pissed....

220S, where did you buy your Car?
Old 10-19-2008, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
220S, where did you buy your Car?
K-A, I found it at Penske in West Covina. They had two almost identical; the other had the burl walnut instead of black maple. The one I got I chose primarily because it also had electronic trunk close in addition to everything else, so it actually has all the available options on it, including those expensive but totally useless illuminated door sills.

I was super close to getting a new MY08 550i with a MT and sport package. And then I almost got the E550 instead of the 350. But I'm trying to get away from a 'spirited' driving style, if you know what I mean. So, I figured the 350 would be safer choice for me.

So far, it's pretty much what I expected. Nothing really extraordinary about it, but it is a nice understated cruiser. I can blend in easy here in LA and also not feel pretentious. My only complaint at the moment is the overly assisted power steering. I prefer the tighter and more sensitive BMW steering. But I also have a 993 as my 'weekend' car (although I'm going to be putting it up for sale.)
Old 10-19-2008, 11:13 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Nice. Yeah, some M-B Options are not of much use, unfortunately they did away with some useful ones (like DD Seats) on the newer Models. Yeah, the E does give a really nice mix of different qualities.

I've heard the '07+'s are more assisted, I've always liked less assisted steering to a degree, I haven't driven an '07+ but was wondering if I'd be a fan of the extra response.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Nice. Yeah, some M-B Options are not of much use, unfortunately they did away with some useful ones (like DD Seats) on the newer Models. Yeah, the E does give a really nice mix of different qualities.

I've heard the '07+'s are more assisted, I've always liked less assisted steering to a degree, I haven't driven an '07+ but was wondering if I'd be a fan of the extra response.
Looking at your options, I'd like to have had some of those on the MY09s. I'm guessing you'd probably not like the steering assist the way it is now. It feels a bit sloppy and the other night driving up the PCH, I felt like I wasn't sure where the wheels were pointed. Being used to really tight steering, I tend to over compensate.

But I have to admit, it's a comfortable car. I can snooze and drive at the same time now Comand is a bit awkward to use, but I have the hang of it now after a day or two phutzing around with it.

Valves seem to tick a bit on the loud side and the tranny has a little bit of a whine, but the car is otherwise quiet. I'm guessing the V8 is smoother. I was never a big fan of V6s; I prefer IL 6 motors.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:50 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Yeah, my Motor has that light tick sound to it to. Yeah, I'm thinking I might not be a big fan of the more responsive Power Steering, I always preferred mine to be a little heavier feeling, and not completely responsive to the touch (reminds me of when I drove a Honda after my old Mustang, I almost swung off the road because I jerked the wheel too hard when turning due to habit).

Last edited by K-A; 10-20-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Looking at your options, I'd like to have had some of those on the MY09s. I'm guessing you'd probably not like the steering assist the way it is now. It feels a bit sloppy and the other night driving up the PCH, I felt like I wasn't sure where the wheels were pointed. Being used to really tight steering, I tend to over compensate.

But I have to admit, it's a comfortable car. I can snooze and drive at the same time now Comand is a bit awkward to use, but I have the hang of it now after a day or two phutzing around with it.

Valves seem to tick a bit on the loud side and the tranny has a little bit of a whine, but the car is otherwise quiet. I'm guessing the V8 is smoother. I was never a big fan of V6s; I prefer IL 6 motors.
The 350 engine is very smooth, it will probably be smoother and valves quiet down after the first service.

Also, does the transmission always whine? It may be the drivetrain or other component breaking in (differential)?
Old 10-20-2008, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
The 350 engine is very smooth, it will probably be smoother and valves quiet down after the first service.

Also, does the transmission always whine? It may be the drivetrain or other component breaking in (differential)?
You're right that things will probably quiet down after break-in. Gas mileage should be better, too. Right now it's 13 city. I think I'll stop at the Brentwood 76 and do a mix of 91 premium and their 100% octane. That might make it happy.

The transmission just sounds a bit whiny to me at slow speeds (taking off from a stop sign, etc..) Or, as you say, perhaps something in the drivetrain(?) Otherwise I don't notice it. But it shifts very smoothly; it never has to hunt for the right gear, etc.. In fact, it's imperceptible that it's actually shifting. I'm using C mode until I break it in. After 1000 miles I'll go to S and also try out the paddles.

Last edited by 220S; 10-20-2008 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:37 AM

1953 Fiat Topolino
Steering 'feel'...

Untertürkheim: I agree with 220S on the overly assisted steering on our new E350s, which I mentioned in my first post. In your opinion, is there any way my MB dealer's service tech can 'correct' this over boosting under the terms of the standard MB warranty (or via dealer goodwill at his cost) on this '09 350 4Matic to make it feel tighter & more BMW like? Z356.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Z356
Untertürkheim: I agree with 220S on the overly assisted steering on our new E350s, which I mentioned in my first post. In your opinion, is there any way my MB dealer's service tech can 'correct' this over boosting under the terms of the standard MB warranty (or via dealer goodwill at his cost) on this '09 350 4Matic to make it feel tighter & more BMW like? Z356.
The first quesiton would be is if your steering is any different than that of another similar E. If yours is actually overboosted, you will notice a difference between the cars.

Also, keep in mind that these cars have "parameter steering" which is the variable assist power steering instead of standard power steering. The steering should be heavier (less boosted) at high speeds and very easy at low speeds. If your car feels the same as another at low speeds but overboosted by comparison at high speeds, your steering system may not be compensating for speed correctly.

Also keep in mind that high speed is not exactly 80 mph by the standards these cars are built, so try to get a feel for both cars are varying speeds, and get back to us on the results.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The variable assist seems to be doing its job. It is definitely less boosted at freeway speeds. But I feel there's just too much boost at 'normal' speeds, i.e., 35-45 mph. I would argue that MB should have backed off on the boost a bit. I've driven BMWs with their variable assist and they are great for city parking, etc., but the boost diminishes dramatically at speed.

But good idea. I'll try another E at the dealer just to compare with mine.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Keep in mind that highly boosted steering at those leisurely speeds is preferable for 99% of the market.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:54 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

I can see it helping if you have to yank the wheel quickly to avoid hitting something, especially if one has slower reflexes. I'd like to drive an '07+ and see which I prefer, I just know I've always disliked the feeling of too much boost, usually more Economical cars are highly assisted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 09 E350 4Matic in Colorado