E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

New 09 E350 4Matic in Colorado

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 S430 and 07 E350
Nice!!!

black/cognac interior rocks! especially with the burl wood trim We've got it in our 07 and love it

Old 10-20-2008, 07:23 PM

04 S430 and 07 E350
Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
From what I remember, the wood wheel is not available with the new AMG sport package.
Mines an 07 though so maybe the options have changed... but we've got the wood steering wheel with our e350 sport (check posted photo above). No paddles though... i think paddles only came with the e63... maybe its the e63 you can't get with wood steering?
Old 10-20-2008, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ygohome
Mines an 07 though so maybe the options have changed... but we've got the wood steering wheel with our e350 sport (check posted photo above). No paddles though... i think paddles only came with the e63... maybe its the e63 you can't get with wood steering?
The 2007 sport package was not the AMG sport package.

Actually, what MBUSA called the sport package for 2007 was simply the Avantgard model from the rest of the world with sport suspension and wheels.

For 2008 the AMG sport package was available which is entirely different, it also has the AMG steering wheel with paddles, not available with wood.

Although I love the Cognac/Black and Sahara/Black interiors with the Burl Walnut, I would argue they are the best non-designo interiors of any MB or perhaps any car on the market.

Last edited by Untertürkheim; 10-20-2008 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:01 PM

04 S430 and 07 E350
Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
The 2007 sport package was not the AMG sport package.

Actually, what MBUSA called the sport package for 2007 was simply the Avantgard model from the rest of the world with sport suspension.

For 2008 the AMG sport package was available which is entirely different, it also has the AMG steering wheel with paddles, not available with wood.

Although I love the Cognac/Black and Sahara/Black interiors with the Burl Walnut, I would argue they are the best non-designo interiors of any MB or perhaps any car on the market.

ahh, I'm still learning. lol. I only just learned the codes (w211 and w220) for my cars last week. ha. so my 2007 333 optioned sport package is different than the 2009 AMG sport package? What else is in the 09 amg sport package, sounds pretty slick. Here is my sticker...

http://www.scottsdalesport.com/detai...0-3427186.html

The paddles would be awesome to have
Old 10-20-2008, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The 321 AMG Sport Package has all features of the 333 package plus:
AMG body kit
AMG 5-spoke wheels
Sport Steering Wheel with shift paddles
Old 10-21-2008, 01:17 AM

04 S430 and 07 E350
nice, looks like the w211 09's are going out with a bang. that white with pano does look good... nice contrast
Old 10-21-2008, 01:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
sucks you got PZEV, slows down the car.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

nice, looks like the w211 09's are going out with a bang. that white with pano does look good... nice contrast
Yes, all except for the poor neglected diesel. It only gets decontented.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Originally Posted by Kar don
Thats wicked. You get 15/150K warranty on emissions and certain engine related components in California.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:20 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by Kar don
What's PZEV and how does it slow down the car? I'm assuming it's a Cali emmisions thing that helps the car pollute less?
Old 10-21-2008, 10:10 AM

04 S430 and 07 E350
mines the one with PZEV... that my sticker I posted above. I don't think z356 (the original poster) has the PZEV since its not from Cali. I bought mine preowned and it came from California. PZEV is a zero emissions thing. If there is a performance hit I wouldn't notice it. I don't think I've had it above 75mph even. lol. I'm more of the pimp slow cruising type.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
fwiw, here's the Moroney from the E350 I just bought. It doesn't list PZEV on it, but it is SULEV and PZEV certified. I wonder if all MY09 are now designated as such(?) As we know, PZEV is required for CA, ME, MA, NY, and VT. Other states will follow suit soon (I think OR, PA, CT, WA.)

Despite any performance hit, it's nice knowing that these cars emit 8x less than non-PZEV cars. Plus no fuel system evaporation, and then there's the extended warranty.

As to my issues with the numb steering: I'm getting used to it but it's still numb and over-boosted. It's certainly not a Bimmer or a P-car. But I do appreciate it for what it is: a nice cruiser. It's basically what I expected. I was looking for a comfortable driving experience but with Euro attributes. Not much to choose from esp since I'm personally not excited with Audi. So, I do like the car but it's obviously not something I will be flogging in the canyons. But, of course, I didn't want it for that anyway.

Tomorrow I'm dumping the Conti AS tires for PS2. I think that will help on the turn-in issue with this car. The ride should be overall better (and I don't need AS tires here in LA.)

I tried to debadge it yesterday and got the model badge off easily, but the damn star on the trunk won't come off. It seems like it has a pin attachment since the monofilament kept breaking. Is that the case? Guess I can't make it completely naked.......

(p.s., split rear seats is about the only thing the car didn't come with. Would be nice, but we have an old Volvo wagon in the family for those needs......)

Old 10-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,415 Likes on 3,145 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by 220S
I tried to debadge it yesterday and got the model badge off easily, but the damn star on the trunk won't come off. It seems like it has a pin attachment since the monofilament kept breaking. Is that the case?
You can search for posts based on username, word(s) in the post or just in the subject, by date, and only in particular forums. To access the search feature, click on the "search" link at the top of most pages.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ight=rear+star
Old 10-21-2008, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
mines the one with PZEV... that my sticker I posted above. I don't think z356 (the original poster) has the PZEV since its not from Cali. I bought mine preowned and it came from California. PZEV is a zero emissions thing. If there is a performance hit I wouldn't notice it. I don't think I've had it above 75mph even. lol. I'm more of the pimp slow cruising type.
No real performance hit. Just more power catalytic converters and other other parts related to emissions. Basically the exhaust coming out of your car is cleaner than that of the air going into it.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by konigstiger
You can search for posts based on username, word(s) in the post or just in the subject, by date, and only in particular forums. To access the search feature, click on the "search" link at the top of most pages.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ight=rear+star
Thanks Konigstiger. I did search Benz World and Googled earlier, but didn't come up with a definitive answer. Shoulda searched here first!

Anyway, that's obviously why the monofilament kept breaking. Oh, well, I guess the star stays on the trunk. I don't think I want to fill holes and paint quite yet Makes you wonder if MB just doesn't want owners to stop advertising for them

Another thing is Comand sure isn't exactly intuitive. I got it figured out, but I still have to pause for a minute and think a bit in navigating around. And the input buttons are off at an angle facing the passenger, so you have to reach over. Bluetooth works fantastic (my phone paired instantly and address book transfered easily) and voice command is pretty good.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts
W221 S600, W220 S55 AMG Kompressor, W124 300E, W140 S320, W210 E3204M W164 ML320 Bluetec
Thanks Konigstiger. I did search Benz World and Googled earlier, but didn't come up with a definitive answer. Shoulda searched here first!

Anyway, that's obviously why the monofilament kept breaking. Oh, well, I guess the star stays on the trunk. I don't think I want to fill holes and paint quite yet Makes you wonder if MB just doesn't want owners to stop advertising for them

Another thing is Comand sure isn't exactly intuitive. I got it figured out, but I still have to pause for a minute and think a bit in navigating around. And the input buttons are off at an angle facing the passenger, so you have to reach over. Bluetooth works fantastic (my phone paired instantly and address book transfered easily) and voice command is pretty good.
That raises a question - does the panel below the COMAND still open to reveal anything? In the previous models the CD changer was there but since it is now built into the COMAND, is that panel still motorized?
Old 10-21-2008, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by Polar Bear
That raises a question - does the panel below the COMAND still open to reveal anything? In the previous models the CD changer was there but since it is now built into the COMAND, is that panel still motorized?
That panel is gone. CD changer is now integrated into the head unit.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts
W221 S600, W220 S55 AMG Kompressor, W124 300E, W140 S320, W210 E3204M W164 ML320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
That panel is gone. CD changer is now integrated into the head unit.
How was the design changed? I assume there is no chrome button below the hazard light switch now?
Old 10-21-2008, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Polar Bear
How was the design changed? I assume there is no chrome button below the hazard light switch now?
Nope, no switch. The panel doesn't open anymore. Would have been nice to maybe incorporate a little hidden storage place. But instead it's just a rigid panel.

The CDs/DVDs are loaded by feeding them into the single disc slot. It sucks up 6 of them into a changer somewhere in there.....

Glove box (it sure is a tiny one) has a USB and iPod cable that fills up most of the box. Haven't yet tried hooking up an iPod. But with 4GB of music storage allocated on the HDD, I'm not sure an iPod is absolutely necessary anymore(?) except on longer trips....
Old 10-21-2008, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nope, no switch. The panel doesn't open anymore. Would have been nice to maybe incorporate a little hidden storage place. But instead it's just a rigid panel.

The CDs/DVDs are loaded by feeding them into the single disc slot. It sucks up 6 of them into a changer somewhere in there.....

Glove box (it sure is a tiny one) has a USB and iPod cable that fills up most of the box. Haven't yet tried hooking up an iPod. But with 4GB of music storage allocated on the HDD, I'm not sure an iPod is absolutely necessary anymore(?) except on longer trips....
That panel always was a hidden storage cabinet when the car did not have a CD changer, our E has COMAND but no CD changer (since it reads DVDs) and that door opens to a nice hidden slot.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by MB Fanatic
No real performance hit. Just more power catalytic converters and other other parts related to emissions. Basically the exhaust coming out of your car is cleaner than that of the air going into it.
I have two E350's right now. I took one from a dealer trade in Long Beach and the other I got though my dealership in Oregon. The Oregon car is non pzev since pzev cars go through Cali (and several other states) due to kick back money MB gets for selling partial zero emission vehicles.

The non pzev sounds and feels massively different. It is smoother at idle, sounds far more sporty under load, pulls harder, and gets better MPG. I have run the two next to each other and the non pzev car pulls a but to say 100 mph. Not drastic but it is faster. The pzev car has less equipment so it should weigh less as well.

With that said I will never take a car again that is PZEV. It honestly is a negative feature for the car. I count the days until my DEPP lease is over and I can throw that puppy back to Diamler Financial Services.

Now I did not realize how bad it was until I took delivery of the second car. So with that, if you dont have a non pzev car for reference, you wont think much of it.

All I can say is that the car buzzes much more higher in the rev band and feels far less refined. It feels like a buzz box compared to say a Lexus.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:38 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
That really sucks to hear. I should have boughten a Car in Vegas.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
I have two E350's right now. I took one from a dealer trade in Long Beach and the other I got though my dealership in Oregon. The Oregon car is non pzev since pzev cars go through Cali (and several other states) due to kick back money MB gets for selling partial zero emission vehicles.

The non pzev sounds and feels massively different. It is smoother at idle, sounds far more sporty under load, pulls harder, and gets better MPG. I have run the two next to each other and the non pzev car pulls a but to say 100 mph. Not drastic but it is faster. The pzev car has less equipment so it should weigh less as well.

With that said I will never take a car again that is PZEV. It honestly is a negative feature for the car. I count the days until my DEPP lease is over and I can throw that puppy back to Diamler Financial Services.

Now I did not realize how bad it was until I took delivery of the second car. So with that, if you dont have a non pzev car for reference, you wont think much of it.

All I can say is that the car buzzes much more higher in the rev band and feels far less refined. It feels like a buzz box compared to say a Lexus.

Or to a CLS550