E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

dealer dented the car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 06:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008, E 350, Black exterior, cashmere interior
dealer dented the car

I left the car with the dealer to get the ESP fixed. Dealer called the next day, saying it has been fixed. I wwent back to pick up the car and then he tells me that they had a little accident on the pasenger side. They pulled the car forward and showed me a little dent and two scratch marks on the passenger side door. Not anything major.. but you can defintiely see them if you are careful. They promised to fix the dent/scratched and send it back to the bodyshop. This is very frustrating.
But at the sametime I am happy they shared it with me. It is a very small dent and on the black color, I probably would not have noticed it till I was back home. Nevertheless, I feel disgusted.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2008 E320 Bluetec, 2008 GL320 CDI
Be thankfull!

I know you don't want to hear this, but be thankfull they are honest. Around here, most dealers would probably say it was like that when they got it. I can't tell you how many times cars of mine over the years have been damaged slightly, then the dealer says it was like that, we could not have done that you must have and not known it. I am sorry you got a ding, but it seems like you are dealing with an honest dealership and you should be happy about that part.

Kind regards,

Bryan
Old 08-25-2008, 07:58 AM

E320 Sport
I would be thankful that your dealer was honest. My local MB dealer did not show me the oily headliner left behind when a mechanic changed the passenger side vanity light. I did not notice it until the next morning since it was late in the evening when I picked up my car. Thank goodness for Mr. Clean magic bars.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by araycho
I left the car with the dealer to get the ESP fixed. Dealer called the next day, saying it has been fixed. I wwent back to pick up the car and then he tells me that they had a little accident on the pasenger side. They pulled the car forward and showed me a little dent and two scratch marks on the passenger side door. Not anything major.. but you can defintiely see them if you are careful. They promised to fix the dent/scratched and send it back to the bodyshop. This is very frustrating.
But at the sametime I am happy they shared it with me. It is a very small dent and on the black color, I probably would not have noticed it till I was back home. Nevertheless, I feel disgusted.
I experienced a similar incident. I brought the car in to buy new tires. Michelins.

I picked the car up and drove it home then checked the tire size. The put on 1 size too small and I returned it for the correct tires. "tire guy,, we just put on it what it had".. But I had a matched set of 4 and the 2 rear were still there and the correct size.

I left the car overnight went back to pick it up and found the windshield broken. Answer.. you brought it to us that way. Fortunately my Service advisor detailed in written form all the body defects and had no broken glass indicated. So... I had to go back a 3rd time for the windshield replacement. But they did replace the windshield. The down side it I wasted 8 hrs of my time driving and had to drive 600 total miles as the dealer is not in our town.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
+1 on being thankful. luckily they told u about it.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:08 PM

2010 E63
Don't worry

You should be glad they brought it to your attention. Provided they fix it, no harm no foul. In fact, I would trust the dealer a bit more given this experience.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:25 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
Originally Posted by howif
In fact, I would trust the dealer a bit more given this experience.
Exactly!

Trending Topics

Old 08-26-2008, 04:27 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
2019 AMG E53 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by vettdvr
I experienced a similar incident. I brought the car in to buy new tires. Michelins.

I picked the car up and drove it home then checked the tire size. The put on 1 size too small and I returned it for the correct tires. "tire guy,, we just put on it what it had".. But I had a matched set of 4 and the 2 rear were still there and the correct size.

I left the car overnight went back to pick it up and found the windshield broken. Answer.. you brought it to us that way. Fortunately my Service advisor detailed in written form all the body defects and had no broken glass indicated. So... I had to go back a 3rd time for the windshield replacement. But they did replace the windshield. The down side it I wasted 8 hrs of my time driving and had to drive 600 total miles as the dealer is not in our town.

Now this would **** me off, and I'd probably report them to the BBB.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:48 PM

02 ML320 Sport, 04 350z,06 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by araycho
I'm assuming you left it there until everything was fixed? I hate going back and forth with the dealer on when they can fix stuff.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:36 PM

2008, E 350, Black exterior, cashmere interior
Originally Posted by Marshall_K
I'm assuming you left it there until everything was fixed? I hate going back and forth with the dealer on when they can fix stuff.
Thanks guys for the comments. I feel better. I am sure glad that they showed the dent to me.
The dealership is actually pretty good. It's in downtown Portland (supposedly, the oldest North American MB dealership). The people here are nice, friendly and most importantly have been honest with me so far. Also they charged me $169 for service-A and to remove a nail from one of the tires (I was losing air pressure and TPMS was on), which I thought was pretty low compared to most other dealers?
Old 08-26-2008, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Dealers are just lazy. They have a car inspection form when take a car in service, so you have to sign the form that you agree if any damages existed before te service. Another side, that when you are taking car from service you usually do not reinspect a car, so small dammages can be discovered too late.