E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Our 2003 E500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
YES! Please remove those badges. The letters "AMG" and the numbers "6.3" should not be on your car anywhere.

Does it have a 6.3L engine? Nope.
Was even one bolt tightened by an AMG employee? Nope.

The car is pretty enough by itself, although the slats on the E55 front bumper are a little suspect.

I have to know. What was your reason for false badging? So people think you're richer than you are? I don't get it. Does the AMG badge on your engine cover make your car faster?

I don't understand these people. I certainly understand that the AMG cars look better than the non-AMG cars. Hell, I even did the AMG conversion on my E-Class, but you won't find an AMG, 55, or 63 badge on my car anywhere. EVER!

Car looks nice though. Are those Brabus replica's too?
Old 09-02-2008, 11:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E500 with 'some' BRABUS upgrades
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Are those Brabus replica's too?

Yes, the wheels are reps also. But considering that the roads there suck as he states I wouldn't want to run nice wheels any way.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:45 PM

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
2019 AMG E53 Cabriolet

I have to know. What was your reason for false badging? So people think you're richer than you are? I don't get it. Does the AMG badge on your engine cover make your car faster?
I think he said it's dangerous to look poor in that culture. Who knows, the extra badging could be the difference between life and death.

I can see it now. You're in the marketplace and the bad guy approaches. Is that a real Rolex? OK, you can you can pass. Oh, fake Rolex. Sorry, I have to pop a cap in your ***.

To the OP, I'm just mess'n around. The car looks nice.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FJ Cruiser/E350
YES! Please remove those badges. The letters "AMG" and the numbers "6.3" should not be on your car anywhere.

Does it have a 6.3L engine? Nope.
Was even one bolt tightened by an AMG employee? Nope.

The car is pretty enough by itself, although the slats on the E55 front bumper are a little suspect.

I don't understand these people. I certainly understand that the AMG cars look better than the non-AMG cars. Hell, I even did the AMG conversion on my E-Class, but you won't find an AMG, 55, or 63 badge on my car anywhere. EVER!

Car looks nice though. Are those Brabus replica's too?
Well said.

To each their own...however, it's pretty weak to badge a car for something it is not. Should probably go out and buy a ROLOX too...
Old 09-02-2008, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by BRABUS_E500
Its a good compromise between the two you are right. The ladies love it. Whether its a female in front or two one in the back they always get wet when they look up and see the stars at night The factory 'mood' lights help set the tone too People always trip out and I get A LOT of compliments on it.
Lol, he** ya. I know what you mean. I remember a friend of mine when she first rode in my car. She fell in love with the pano roof. (It wasn't a big selling point when I was looking for a car. I was only looking for appearance and premium packages). So, about 6 months later she bought a 2008 C300 sport, white with pano roof and said how she had to have the pano roof no matter what. The girls just love it. Actually even if I ride in the back, I love looking up at it too. If only it would open all the way over the back too like a 911 targa. How sick would that be?