MPG Difference Between E350 and E500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 06:22 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500
Originally Posted by gaazmon
Lol, that's why I hate going to glendale at times cause I feel like my car isn't worth as much. My grandparents still live there and there was this girl I sorted dated that lived there too (thank God that didn't get anywhere even though she was soooo hot, but she taught me, the hard way, that looks aren't everything). I used to live there long time ago (I had a post about cheap exhaust tips a while back). Lol, I remember when there was barely any Armenians in Glendale (making me a rarity in the town back then, yes back then it was a town). *Sigh, I miss the days when I used to be a kid, but I prefer life in the valley.

Mafiozhak, are you Armenian too? Dude, I was talking to Black.E and we said how we should organize a meet or something. Speaking of which, does anyone know when the next meet is going on in the L.A. area (maybe Encino. I've heard of a Benz group that meets up in Encino every thursday night).
lolll ya thatz glendale for you haha and ya i am armenian my first car waz and still is until i get my e class a 1997 bmw 740 il also as soon as you guys can make a meet in LA id really like to come and see all the cars you guyz own so post a thread as soon as you can get that going
Old 09-25-2008, 07:20 PM

gixxa600
Originally Posted by mafiozhak
lolll ya thatz glendale for you haha and ya i am armenian my first car waz and still is until i get my e class a 1997 bmw 740 il also as soon as you guys can make a meet in LA id really like to come and see all the cars you guyz own so post a thread as soon as you can get that going

I love that car (E38 740i), its still one of my favorite bimmers. Did you do any mods to it? sorry about the
Old 09-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 E500
Originally Posted by clkeezy
I love that car (E38 740i), its still one of my favorite bimmers. Did you do any mods to it? sorry about the
itz np for the most of the replys here are loll
also yea its a great car and i love it the bad thing is that its just too old and has plenty of milege 152k to be exact also it has started giving me problems the latest problem it has given me has locked the whole back side of the car from the back doors to the trunk almost like a coupe so im trying to get ride of it as soon as possible it does not have any specific mods to it besides the 745i rims i waz thinking about modding it a bit and not buying a new car but since it started giving me problems i decided it waz time to let go
Old 09-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
I know from BRABUS_E500 that there is a LA meeting every Thursday at a bar called The Stand.

Here is the map
Old 09-26-2008, 04:10 AM

gixxa600
itz np for the most of the replys here are loll
also yea its a great car and i love it the bad thing is that its just too old and has plenty of milege 152k to be exact also it has started giving me problems the latest problem it has given me has locked the whole back side of the car from the back doors to the trunk almost like a coupe so im trying to get ride of it as soon as possible it does not have any specific mods to it besides the 745i rims i waz thinking about modding it a bit and not buying a new car but since it started giving me problems i decided it waz time to let go
Ya those cars can have a lot of problems and it becomes a money pit of just repairs. I feel like if money wasn't a problem id have to have one of those restored with a new engine and everything, it just looks G haha
Old 09-26-2008, 04:17 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 E500
Originally Posted by clkeezy
Ya those cars can have a lot of problems and it becomes a money pit of just repairs. I feel like if money wasn't a problem id have to have one of those restored with a new engine and everything, it just looks G haha
that is exactly what i tought of doing loll but y spend soomuch on a older car? when you can put all that money to get a newer one lol but yea its a great car wish it waz not so problematic o well time for the E350
Old 09-26-2008, 04:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BoughtaBenz
While you are somewhat correct about the idling issue in traffic, the difference between driving your E350 and our E500 in SMILES PER GALLON can't even be compared! There is NO WAY that I'd give up the torque of the V8 for the little mileage difference of the V6!

Also, our E500 isn't a 4matic and we've had no problems in snow (we live south of Chicago and get the same weather that you do). The key is proper tires and restraint of the right foot!

Not trying to be argumentative, just stating my opinion based on driving experiences!

Actually, 2004 was the first year for the 7 speed. That's what we have in our 04.

I do agree with you about the N/A torque though! It ROCKS!
Keep in mind that the 350 is from the new engine family, it is much better than the old 320, and very close to the old 500 in power.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:18 AM
Almost a Member!

2004 E500
Originally Posted by Untertürkheim
Keep in mind that the 350 is from the new engine family, it is much better than the old 320, and very close to the old 500 in power.
its close to the old 500 in power??? wow thats great news lol the more i learn bout the 350 the more i want one cant waittt
Old 09-26-2008, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
its close to the old 500 in power??? wow thats great news lol the more i learn bout the 350 the more i want one cant waittt
Ya, the 350 even though not as powerful as the 500, is a lot more powerful than the 320 and better fuel economy than the 500. I don't really believe those computer readouts, I think our babies just want to make us feel better . But, even though the 320 has the least power of the 3, I just reset my throttle the other day and man what a difference. The cars response is waaayyyy better.

Btw, my uncle has a 1997 740i which he loves. But ya, my friend used to have a 2001 740i and said it was too much of a money pit and opted for a 2002 Lexus LS430 instead.

Glad to meet another fellow Armenian on the forum.

Now I remember, my friend did say the Benzes meet at the Stand in Encino on thursdays. ****, I was at the Spot last night, should've stopped at the Stand before hand to check it out.

Last edited by gaazmon; 09-26-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:25 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 E500
Ya, the 350 even though not as powerful as the 500, is a lot more powerful than the 320 and better fuel economy than the 500. I don't really believe those computer readouts, I think our babies just want to make us feel better . But, even though the 320 has the least power of the 3, I just reset my throttle the other day and man what a difference. The cars response is waaayyyy better.

Btw, my uncle has a 1997 740i which he loves. But ya, my friend used to have a 2001 740i and said it was too much of a money pit and opted for a 2002 Lexus LS430 instead.

Now I remember, my friend did say the Benzes meet at the Stand in Encino on thursdays. ****, I was at the Spot last night, should've stopped at the Stand before hand to check it out.
glad to meet you too are you also armenian? and ya the 740's are too much of a hassle to keep (the other day one of my grilss got lost on my way home from work i went to the dealer and they said its 70 bucks for only 1 of the grills i got another one for 40 from a friends shop)
Old 09-27-2008, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

glad to meet you too are you also armenian? and ya the 740's are too much of a hassle to keep (the other day one of my grilss got lost on my way home from work i went to the dealer and they said its 70 bucks for only 1 of the grills i got another one for 40 from a friends shop)
Yes, I am. Yeah, my friend lost one of his kidneys to on his 2001 740i, if you know what I mean .
Old 09-27-2008, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I stopped going to the Spot years ago, after it stopped being good.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I stopped going to the Spot years ago, after it stopped being good.
Ya, when I got there my friends had already ordered hookah. I think they went with the ****ty tobacco and it messed with my throat for a couple of days. Nothing like making your own. There is a new one that's been around since July called Hookah Hangout at Cafe Belissimo on Ventura a little west of Shoup before Fallbrook. A friend and I ran it for the summer but once school started and my friend left for San Diego we found someone else to run it. The owner is a really tight guy. If anyone goes, mention Simon told you about the place. I also go to Hookah Source in Northridge cause a few of my good friends work there, really good hookah there. Ocean's is also good.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Porsche 991S, Cayenne S, 1972 BMW 3.0CS E9 Coupe
You guys need your own chat line

.....you should have a Glendale Benz section; There are probably more MBs in Glendale (and Encino) than anyway else in LA
Old 09-27-2008, 10:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 220S

.....you should have a Glendale Benz section; There are probably more MBs in Glendale (and Encino) than anyway else in LA
Actually, I am not from either Glendale or Encino.

I have been to the Source a few times, but I don't like the basement feel, last time I went it felt very dirty. There is also a place very near the Spot, NW corner of White Oak and Ventura, the guys there are very cool.

I had no idea of Belissimo, that is very close to me.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Actually, I am not from either Glendale or Encino.

I have been to the Source a few times, but I don't like the basement feel, last time I went it felt very dirty. There is also a place very near the Spot, NW corner of White Oak and Ventura, the guys there are very cool.

I had no idea of Belissimo, that is very close to me.
Ah, I know exactly what you're talking about it. The one in the little plaza with the little patio area that people park in. Actually, my cousin is neighbors with a guy that works there. Yeah, a lot of people don't like the basement feel, very shady IMO. I go because I know all the guys that work there and trust them, and they hook me up to, makes me feel like a celebrity .

Yes, Belissimo is good. I think it's $14.95 for a hookah and $4.95 for refill. We used to use Fantasia, but the guy that runs the hookah end now, his name is Adam, he uses Starbuzz (even though I think they are made by the same manufacturer, just different brand names), so it's good tobacco (this is from last I heard). Ya, and the owner is really tight. His name is David. Like I said if you go mention Simon told you (don't worry people I don't make comission, don't even work there anymore). I just do it cause he's a nice guy and he really liked me as well.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 220S

Lol, I live in Calabasas so whatever you can dream of, it's there and I've seen it (I love that town, so many great memories).
Old 09-28-2008, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lol, I live in Calabasas so whatever you can dream of, it's there and I've seen it (I love that town, so many great memories).
You too? Now that is funny. Do you get your car serviced at MB Calabasas?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You too? Now that is funny. Do you get your car serviced at MB Calabasas?
The CL I take to my uncle's MB shop on Napa, off of Reseda, since it doesn't have warranty anymore. My E I usually take to Keyes European because I work in Van Nuys and one of the service guys is my uncle's friend.

So you live in Calabasas too? Nice. I saw pictures by FreshBenz at the Commons so wondering if he lives there too. I went to Calabasas High.

Last edited by gaazmon; 09-29-2008 at 09:22 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Something more on topic for mafiozhak: parents took my E, so took the CL out today. Would 100% recommend getting the V8. Everytime I drive it I feel like **** for not being patient and buying a 500. I'm gonna go look for a new car .
Old 09-29-2008, 05:21 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Just to add another side to that, assuming the CL weighs about as much as an S500 (probably a bit less right?), an E350 doesn't feel thaat much slower than the bigger body 500's. My butt-o-meter actually feels like my E350 is faster than the S500, although we know those aren't so accurate. The weight difference starts to offset the HP advantage. The Torque and get-up-and-go of the 500 is absolutely smoother and more linear, however in the upper RPM's the wailing 4V of the 350 actually (and mostly the fact that the car feels lighter overall) *feels* to me like it pulls harder than my S500 did, although I know that isn't the case. On the other hand, my Mom used to have an '04 E320, when I used to drive that thing I thought it was a maajor slug (no offense to 320 owners).

To go O/T, I also went to Calabasas High, although I couldn't stand that town, it's nice and quiet indeed but the boredom of it made me damn near suicidal. Now crazy dirty *** Hollywood suits me much better

Last edited by K-A; 09-29-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Just to add another side to that, assuming the CL weighs about as much as an S500 (probably a bit less right?), an E350 doesn't feel thaat much slower than the bigger body 500's. My butt-o-meter actually feels like my E350 is faster than the S500, although we know those aren't so accurate. The weight difference starts to offset the HP advantage. The Torque and get-up-and-go of the 500 is absolutely smoother and more linear, however in the upper RPM's the wailing 4V of the 350 actually (and mostly the fact that the car feels lighter overall) *feels* to me like it pulls harder than my S500 did, although I know that isn't the case. On the other hand, my Mom used to have an '04 E320, when I used to drive that thing I thought it was a maajor slug (no offense to 320 owners).

To go O/T, I also went to Calabasas High, although I couldn't stand that town, it's nice and quiet indeed but the boredom of it made me damn near suicidal. Now crazy dirty *** Hollywood suits me much better
I am very offended by your comment about 320's, lol, jk. Ya, I've never driven a 350 before so I wouldn't know how well it pulls. Ya, the CL500 pulls, but it is slow in a way cause of the weight. I bet the E500 is faster than a CL500 or S500 or SL500, but probably the CLK500 would be the fastest out of those, especially since it doesn't have Airmatic or ABC, just a regular suspension.

You went to CHS as well? Damn, this is getting good. It is quiet but luckly it's so close to the valley and lots of other places, unlike other places if you go further west like westlake or moorpark. So what year did you graduate K-A?
Old 09-30-2008, 06:16 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Yeah I'd be totally curious to see what you thought of the difference between the E350 and E320 since you're accustomed to the 320 feel. And I think the E500 should definitely be faster than the S/CL/SL 500's too, with the CLK being the quickest....The CLK 550 should be a freakin' rocket taking that into consideration.

I Graduated in 2000, I'm old school at this point. I was there before they built all those fancy newer buildings and such. Yeah I moved to Woodland Hills afterward which was fun for a while, but the whole Valley vibe just got me down at some point, needed the higher energy of Vegas and H-Wood. I will say I love going to the Valley to visit my Mom nowadays though, so chill, peaceful and easy to get around, makes me appreciate the plus points.

Last edited by K-A; 09-30-2008 at 06:19 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by K-A
Yeah I'd be totally curious to see what you thought of the difference between the E350 and E320 since you're accustomed to the 320 feel. And I think the E500 should definitely be faster than the S/CL/SL 500's too, with the CLK being the quickest....The CLK 550 should be a freakin' rocket taking that into consideration.

I Graduated in 2000, I'm old school at this point. I was there before they built all those fancy newer buildings and such. Yeah I moved to Woodland Hills afterward which was fun for a while, but the whole Valley vibe just got me down at some point, needed the higher energy of Vegas and H-Wood. I will say I love going to the Valley to visit my Mom nowadays though, so chill, peaceful and easy to get around, makes me appreciate the plus points.
That's pretty old school I guess, I graduated in 2005, so pretty young, but man has time flown by. Yeah, just in the past five years the valley has gotten really crowded especially on the mid and north end (I love the south side though by Ventura blvd. and all).

Yeah, the CLK550 must be a beast. Yeah, with the base V8's it must go CLK > CLS > E > SL > CL > S (I think the suspension causes a lot of weight). I decided if I buy a CLK it has to be at least a 500, forget the V6's on those. *Sigh, my dream is an SLK55. My dad wants to sell the CL (he's really itching at it too) and take my car. An SLK55 would be sooooooo sweet.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:48 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Yeah North Valley gets pretty gheeto, the South side is definitely the nicest part of it. I'll bet it's getting really crowded, families move there for the "quiet lifestyle" but ironically become a helping hand in the ruining of that with populating it, along with youngins who move there for the lower rent, etc. It's a much easier lifestyle in about every way than living in L.A (I gotta pay $100 a month just to park my Car in a Public Garage a block away for example, and let's not even get in to the TRAFFIC ), but I do wonder how long that'll last as more and more people move there. I was looking at Apartment prices recently and you can get such better deal there for a place in a much safer location, in L.A if you want something in a nice neighborhood you gotta pay $$$$.

Damn, apologies for helping butcher the original topic of this Thread

Last edited by K-A; 10-01-2008 at 07:51 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MPG Difference Between E350 and E500