E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

'09 E350 4Matic Pricing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 MB E350 4Matic, 2011 BMW X5d, 2008 BMW 535i
'09 E350 4Matic Pricing

I am looking to move to the other side - trading BMW for Benz. I was wondering if you all would be able to give me some insite on what the new '09 E350 4Matic's are leasing for. I am in NJ, so any recommendations for dealers would be appreciated as well. I am not looking for much other than the standard options that most people get (Premium I package, Sport Package). I guess what information I am looking for is down $$, money factor, residual, etc. I know that they are running specials right now, but it seems like they are requiring at least $5k+ down for a lease of 39 to 48 months which is way too long for me to be driving the same car. 39 may be do-able if the price is right, but 48 is definitely out. I appreciate any help!

Thanks everyone...
Old 10-22-2008, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There is another thread with a couple of members who recently purchased E350s. Also, I would consider P2 and leather at a minimum.

The MBUSA lease special is 629/mo for 36 months, 5400 down.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Indeed, P2 looks like a must. Leather? Is it good if you are going to keep a car. otherwise you may cope with vinyl.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
I recommend checking out Ray Catena if you're near central jersey and looking would be doing services with them as well...send me a PM and i'll get you in touch with my guy there
Old 10-23-2008, 02:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1953 Fiat Topolino
On lease rates for '09 E350s

Fynride1: I leased an '09 E350 4Matic Sport in late August, just as the new model year E class began to be available at US dealers. At that time (a few months ago), I could do a 24 month lease. The money rate was .00030, which is almost 'free' financing. 10K miles per year. Residual on my '09 E350 was set at 61%. MB Financial asked for a $3500 down payment so that their advertised monthly lease deal (their 'normal' deal scenario) would seem reasonable and low. But here is an important point to make. We chose to pay zero down and they (MB Financial) agreed to finance 100% of the lease, including the lease acquisition fee. At this low money factor rate, it was a no brainer. So, from my experience, the thing to pay attention to, vis a vis MB Financial, is the money factor rate they are offering and the residual they are setting on the vehicle you are considering. They will adjust those around to serve their primary purposes of moving out (leasing) the vehicles MBUSA has decided they need to do. Perhaps we will see the MB Winter Sale Event (coming shortly) bring back better rates and better subsidized leases from MB Financial. But after all is said and done, you still have to negotiate hard with your dealer to get the purchase/lease price on the E350 to the bare minimum. Good luck. Z356.

Last edited by Z356; 10-23-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:12 PM

2011 MB E350 4Matic, 2011 BMW X5d, 2008 BMW 535i
Originally Posted by Z356
Fynride1: I leased an '09 E350 4Matic Sport in late August, just as the new model year E class began to be available at US dealers. At that time (a few months ago), I could do a 24 month lease. The money rate was .00030, which is almost 'free' financing. 10K miles per year. Residual on my '09 E350 was set at 61%. MB Financial asked for a $3500 down payment so that their advertised monthly lease deal (their 'normal' deal scenario) would seem reasonable and low. But here is an important point to make. We chose to pay zero down and they (MB Financial) agreed to finance 100% of the lease, including the lease acquisition fee. At this low money factor rate, it was a no brainer. So, from my experience, the thing to pay attention to, vis a vis MB Financial, is the money factor rate they are offering and the residual they are setting on the vehicle you are considering. They will adjust those around to serve their primary purposes of moving out (leasing) the vehicles MBUSA has decided they need to do. Perhaps we will see the MB Winter Sale Event (coming shortly) bring back better rates and better subsidized leases from MB Financial. But after all is said and done, you still have to negotiate hard with your dealer to get the purchase/lease price on the E350 to the bare minimum. Good luck. Z356.
Funny that you should mention that. I spoke with some random salesperson at my local dealership in August and he offered me a '09 E350 4Matic with Premium 1 package, iPod interface, Sport Package for $711 per month for 24 months with $2,200 down. I would have jumped on it if I wasn't still in my lease. I will keep my eye out for the winter sales event - I am sure that they will have something then being that the economy is in the state it is in. Everytime I speak to a dealership, they say that their business isn't hurting at all - in a way I believe them because it is probably just as good to invest your money in a Benz as it is in the stock market anymore...unfortunate, but true. On the other hand, I think they are full of it! Thanks for the info - I will let you know what happens. I think I am going to put my BMW on swapalease.com and try to get out of it now so when a good deal comes along, I can just jump on it.
Old 10-27-2008, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Ah yes, Z356 with the incredible lease deal its too hot to post. I bet I am paying less for my loaded CLS550
Old 10-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally Posted by Kar don
Ah yes, Z356 with the incredible lease deal its too hot to post. I bet I am paying less for my loaded CLS550
I bet you are too.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:44 AM

1953 Fiat Topolino
To Our Infallible, Civil & Courteous Super Moderator-the Don

kar don: I am happy for you if indeed you got a great lease on your CLS550 and much better than mine. But do I detect (via your sarcastic tone while referring to my old original post in September) a little bit of insecurity on your part? Why don't you tell us the specifics of your fabulous new loaded CLS550 lease so that we in this forum can all be in awe of your financial prowess? I have loved fantastic stories ever since I was a kid and look forward to hearing yours. Saludos, Z356.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by Z356
kar don: I am happy for you if indeed you got a great lease on your CLS550 and much better than mine. But do I detect (via your sarcastic tone while referring to my old original post in September) a little bit of insecurity on your part? Why don't you tell us the specifics of your fabulous new loaded CLS550 lease so that we in this forum can all be in awe of your financial prowess? I have loved fantastic stories ever since I was a kid and look forward to hearing yours. Saludos, Z356.
I can give you my salesman's number if you'd like?

PS. There is no sarcastic tone, I just wanted to hear what you got for a lease as I am looking at 2009 E350s. HTH. Cheers!
Old 10-28-2008, 01:47 PM

'09 SL550; '09 GL550; '11 E550
Any good lease deals on '09 E350's yet?

So does anyone in the NYC area have any updated numbers to report for a short term lease (24-27 months) on a '09 E350? I have two months left on my '07 E350-4M and trying to figure out what to do. I jumped into this thread as we had an earlier one on this topic that has dried up. The current deals suck, too long and too much $. I'm hoping the December programs will be more attractive as interest rates also come down but the prices on the '09's have been increased that might off-set. Amazing with the economy the way it is that MB did this. One concern I have is that MB will delay blowing out the '09 E's till the new redesigned 2010's are closer to GA which I think is likley late August/Sept timeframe.

If anyone can share some recent deal numbers or suggestions please do. Thx in advance for your help.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
if history repeats itself they will blow out the E's in december. Might as well wait if I were you.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:38 PM

'09 SL550; '09 GL550; '11 E550
Originally Posted by Kar don
if history repeats itself they will blow out the E's in december. Might as well wait if I were you.
Interesting. I sure hope so. Why do you say December? If the new E is not going to be available till another ten months or so don't you think they will want to manage the inventory flow (and market price) as they approach that time? I have no idea how many current E's MB is building these days and I imagine fewer will be built as they gear up to build the new model. I would think the real price blowouts would take place once the new car is out and they have exces inventory of older models they have to get rid of. I dont think they are there yet. My plan is to get into the current model for another 24-27 months and let the new car work out the kinks before I take one on. I also dont want to purchase one as its value will really collapse once the new car hits the streets.

Thx for the reply, please keep them coming...
Old 10-28-2008, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
Originally Posted by beartrap
Interesting. I sure hope so. Why do you say December? If the new E is not going to be available till another ten months or so don't you think they will want to manage the inventory flow (and market price) as they approach that time? I have no idea how many current E's MB is building these days and I imagine fewer will be built as they gear up to build the new model. I would think the real price blowouts would take place once the new car is out and they have exces inventory of older models they have to get rid of. I dont think they are there yet. My plan is to get into the current model for another 24-27 months and let the new car work out the kinks before I take one on. I also dont want to purchase one as its value will really collapse once the new car hits the streets.

Thx for the reply, please keep them coming...
No problem beartrap, thats what this forum is all about... sharing information you learned to help out other owners or potential owners. It benefits all of us.

Anyway MB and all carmakers typically have their most aggressive deals in July/August and December. December is because of the year end "sales number". It will be interesting to see how much the car makers spend on incentives this december.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:18 AM

1953 Fiat Topolino
To our Super Moderator Kar Don

kar don: Maybe you missed it but on Oct 19 I gave out a pretty complete description of my lease on the '09 E350 I got. https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/257994-new-09-e350-4matic-colorado.html. But here is what you posted just a day ago "Ah yes, Z356 with the incredible lease deal its too hot to post. I bet I am paying less for my loaded CLS550". As a Super Moderator, maybe you should be better informed before trying to put down, with false bravado and sarcasm, my postings in this forum. And while you are pondering offering an apology, why don't you post that incredible lease on your '08 CLS550 so that we can all benefit from 'sharing information you learned to help out other owners'. Give us the full details (msrp, gross capitalized cost, term, monthly base lease, etc) and let us judge your lease transaction. And as a Super Moderator of this fine MB forum, I expected a more civil dialogue from one in your position and number of posts. Please don't disappoint again. Saludos, Z356.