E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E500 owners with REMUS sport exhaust..?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E500 4matic, 08 ML320CDI
E500 owners with REMUS sport exhaust..?

Need a favor of you guys with REMUS Sport exhaust on your E500... I've heard dozens of sound slips of REMUS, Supersprint, stock AMG, Magnaflow and I think a few others while I've been trying to decide which exhaust to mod my E500 with... Stock E55 AMG just doesn't seem to be worth the effort and cost compared to the exhaust note improvement... I'm leaning toward REMUS Sport... Most if not all sound clips are people doing WOT and recording with their cell phones... Can you answer a few Q's about your REMUS exhaust sounds please..?
Is the idle noticeable above stock but still mellow..?
Is mild acceleration noticable above stock but not extremeley aggressive....?
Is WOT alot more aggressisve than stock...?
When cruising at highway speed, say 65, does the exhasut note mellow out so you can hear the stereo, have a conversation, etc...?
Is there ANY resonation inside the car at any RPM range...?
While I'm not looking for the same sound, I formerly had B&B PRT's on my 2 Vettes and that exhaust note was perfect for that car... Nice at idle, nice on accel, minor popping on decel, roared at WOT, mellow but noticable when cruising, no resonation whatsoever...

Thanks in advance ...
Old 10-31-2008, 02:59 PM

2005 E500 Sport w/ AMG Package
Wow....almost like describing fine wine. Love the careful thought put in here.....
Old 10-31-2008, 03:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R350
I've been through the exhaust thing before with my prior cars. For the price of an exhaust (especially on a Benz) it's too risky to make a mistake.

Loud exhausts are cool at first but you'll be regretting it a year from now. Get the AMG and be done with it. Looks **** and OEM quality. If you want it to sound more ***** do the resonator delete.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by 155
For the price of an exhaust (especially on a Benz) it's too risky to make a mistake.

Loud exhausts are cool at first but you'll be regretting it a year from now.

Good point. Nothing worse than loud, obnocious, resonating exhaust to ruin an otherwise very nice car... I had the quad AMG exhaust on my CLK 500 and it did sound good when I wanted it to and was pretty quiet the rest of the time... I'll take it under consideration...
Old 10-31-2008, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
Why don't you PM BrabusE500. He has the brabus quad exhaust which is actually made by Remus w/ a Brabus badge on it. I have Brabus quads also but on the 350 engine and I actually haven't heard it yet I get it back tomorrow haha. Good luck.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:12 PM

i did magnaflow mufflers and tips for under 350 including labor,and dont regret one bit it looks great and sounds awesome.no droning actually you wont even hear it inside unless driving really aggresive.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:45 AM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Originally Posted by AMGTestDriverNJ
Why don't you PM BrabusE500. He has the brabus quad exhaust which is actually made by Remus w/ a Brabus badge on it. I have Brabus quads also but on the 350 engine and I actually haven't heard it yet I get it back tomorrow haha. Good luck.
Hey let us know how it sounds man.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Banned

na
Originally Posted by 155
I've been through the exhaust thing before with my prior cars. For the price of an exhaust (especially on a Benz) it's too risky to make a mistake.

Loud exhausts are cool at first but you'll be regretting it a year from now. Get the AMG and be done with it. Looks **** and OEM quality. If you want it to sound more ***** do the resonator delete.
REMUS systems are TUV approved, which basically means they are street legal in Europe in regards to sound, quality and fitment. It cannot exceed certain decibel limits fixed by the European Union.

If you're looking for a quiet, deep, slightly more aggressive than stock exhaust system, REMUS should definately be on top of your list!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:10 PM

I have the remus exhuast on my ride and I love it...Perfectly toned for my ears...what I mean is there not loud at idle and a nice little rumble when you give it sime gas.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
Originally Posted by K-A
Hey let us know how it sounds man.
Hey guys, i love it! Sounds great! Not raspy, deep enough, not overbearing, hearable difference, nice tone really not overbearing at all!! Go for it!
Old 11-26-2008, 03:41 PM

Well, just got the Magnaflow muffs installed with some SS tips... No pics yet but will post some later... Went with 3" Round Quad tips in Stainless Steel from Assured Performance... Nice tips, came out looking pretty good... I cut the bumper myself with a Dremel and assorted tools... Looks pretty good compared to *no tips at all* which is what I had stock on the E500 4-matic... As far as the sound, not so sure I like it and as a matter of fact, my first impression was "this is exactly the sound I didn't want"... At idle and low RPM driving, it just humms or drones.... Nothing to get excited about... When I get on it, it sounds slightly louder than my stock exhaust which was
nothing special either... So the tips are fine but the muffs aren't going to hack it unfortunately... At least it didn't cost much... If they made one, I'd be all overf an exhaust system from AWE Tuning... I've heard AWE's Muffs on an Audi S4 and they sound AWEsome... Exactly the sound I'm looking for... Unfortunately they don't make systems for MB's...
Old 11-26-2008, 05:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R350
Can't beat the AMG's...

Thanks for the update.
What muffler are you planning to go with?
Old 11-28-2008, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by 155
What muffler are you planning to go with?
If I can find them, a take-off set from a SL55, CLS55 or E55 in that order... I've heard the SL55 and CLS55 sound noticeably more alive than the E55 exhaust...
Old 02-10-2009, 06:51 AM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
try the remus

Originally Posted by sdunham
If I can find them, a take-off set from a SL55, CLS55 or E55 in that order... I've heard the SL55 and CLS55 sound noticeably more alive than the E55 exhaust...
if you dont like the magnaflows, which do tend to drone,, you should try the Remus,, have them on my SL 63 and luv them,, and on my 911 as well

they are about 50% lounder than stock which is perfect, and about 15% lounder than the AMG, but have a decidedly more tuned and purr to them,, warmer, where they sound deep and low at low idle and up to about 3000rpm, but then take on a warmer and lighter midtone note,, more like
ferrari or a V 10 and have great harmonics through the whole rpm range

most important thing, the DONT drone, like the magnaflows or Renntech tend to.. and not as loud.

they make exhausts for Bentley, Brabus, Mercedes, PinineFerina, Porsche,
Ducati race bikes,Gemballa AC Schnitzer, Carlson, Kleeman, Lorinser
Hartman, etc etc..

if you want to save some money,, get the Remus Univeral exhaust, fits most mercedes and porsches and will save you like 50%, same basic innards as the custom models , just have universal shape instead of custom bends etc.

Eisemann are nice if you can find real ones, but about 80% of the ones in the US are chinese copies,, seen them and seen alot of people pissed they got ripped,, the real ones are over $2000 for a pair of mufflers

here are some clips for you in case you want to hear Remus on Ferraris,
and mercedes, and BMW's etc. great sounds honest, tried many exhausts and would never go use any other,, unless it was a Ferrari Kreissiig or Tubi
exhaust that cost like $8000 lol

the real key is because Remus makes many european mufflers and exhausts for car makers, they sounds great, but sounds european and authentic,, Not ghetto, or mail order. like so may exhausts do, mostly cause of the chamber and baffle design , shape etc.. they are tuned well

these clips what made me interested in the remus and glad I did..

Ferrari with Remus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eBgL...eature=related

Mercedes E550 211 with remus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rkRekq5cR0

BMW M3 with remus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZBTd...eature=related

BMW M 5 remus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE7Ts...eature=related

Audi A 6 with remus-great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8h42DObnBmM

Ducati race motocycle, a 20k racing bike the nicest around..many bike racers choose remus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy6S1...eature=related

Last edited by storm; 02-10-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:40 PM

w211
Im running quad brabus on my 2003 e320 but I think the sound on my will be different on your v8 (e500). I like the sound outside of the car but for me its a little annoying at times inside the cabin of the car. Not sure if it's because I didnt change the resonators to straight pipes (x-pipes, what ever they are called). Anyone else experience this on the v6 only?
Old 02-12-2009, 07:58 AM

Mercedes,Porsche etc
Originally Posted by pro5man
Im running quad brabus on my 2003 e320 but I think the sound on my will be different on your v8 (e500). I like the sound outside of the car but for me its a little annoying at times inside the cabin of the car. Not sure if it's because I didnt change the resonators to straight pipes (x-pipes, what ever they are called). Anyone else experience this on the v6 only?

HI

well if it is loud on your 3.2 V 6, you can imagine how loud I sounds
in a Merc V 8 with 382 HP . lol

the fact that you did not get rid of your stock resonators is good cause if you had it would be about another 15% lounder, and drone ALOT more..

what you can try, and what I and others I know have done that makes great sound, but is not overly loud, and alot of mechanics reccommend
is, to put an X pipe in, place of your stock MERC single body resonator, which weights 35 lbs , and then put smaller single resonators on each exhaust pipe after the X-pipe between the X pipe and Muffler,

sounds really good and gets rid of alot of the drone and Motorboat
sounds you hear with some peoples exhausts.. so you get a more
balanced purr and growl, instead of the roar..

this also places the smaller resonators near the rear of the cabin, and trunk where most of the echo and drone is likely to occur..

you can also buy HUSH MATT which I did,, and put some under the trunk
carpet, which wil quiet the echo and drone further,, about 8%
deadens the trunk so it does not act like a echo chamber lol