2005 E320 Sport - new guy here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E320 Sport, 2006 S60 2.5T
Thumbs up 2005 E320 Sport - new guy here

Hey everyone,

I just picked up an 05 E320 Sport a couple weeks back and have been perusing the forums trying to soak up some info on these cars. I gotta say this car is a huge jump from the Integra I've been driving around lately (and the WRX and Civics before that).

It's a run-of-the-mill E320 with AMG bumpers/tips/18s (suspension too?). It's got the US-spec COMAND, which I just learned has a waste of a DVD drive in the trunk, haha. I picked it up from the stealership for $23k out the door w/ 55k miles. I think I robbed em and I'm damn proud of it

No big plans yet, still feeling everything out. I'd like a new grille but haven't seen many examples of the aftermarket ones actually on the car. AMG rear lip spoiler maybe. Flat hood emblem on its way. EURO COMAND, I wish.

Just wanted to say hello and I hope to find some inspiration and info from here. I've already seen alot of really CLEAN W211's on this site
Attached Thumbnails 2005 E320 Sport - new guy here-8787115150.252398048.im1.main.565x421_a.562x421.jpg   2005 E320 Sport - new guy here-8787115152.252398048.im1.03.565x421_a.562x421.jpg  

Last edited by Captain FA; 12-04-2008 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Welcome... If its got a DVD drive in the trunk, its for you Navigation DVD. Without the disk in that drive theres no Navi function, so its not a "waste of a DVD drive" back there.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:24 PM

2006 E350
Damn thats a nice car for the price. You did rob from them.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Barry45RPM
Welcome... If its got a DVD drive in the trunk, its for you Navigation DVD. Without the disk in that drive theres no Navi function, so its not a "waste of a DVD drive" back there.
I meant it's a "waste" because we don't get to use it to watch DVDs like everyone else in the world does.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 95 Posts
W221 S600, W220 S55 AMG Kompressor, W124 300E, W140 S320, W210 E3204M W164 ML320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by Captain FA
I meant it's a "waste" because we don't get to use it to watch DVDs like everyone else in the world does.
It wouldn't be very convenient to have to pull over and open the trunk to change DVDs though!
Old 12-07-2008, 12:32 PM

07 E350, 03 Lexus ES300, 04 CLK 320 (gone)
welcome....nice color choice....

I'm sure you'll be modding the car soon

it is addicting!!
Old 12-07-2008, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by LB Bnz
welcome....nice color choice....

I'm sure you'll be modding the car soon

it is addicting!!
thanks man. how are the H&R's on your car? I want to lower mine but I'm a bit iffy on compromising ride quality.

And what kind of K&N filters are you running? Drop-in, cone, or full intake?
Old 12-07-2008, 06:39 PM

E320 Sport
Just got he same car in Pewter and 25K miles for 25 out the door! Very happy so far, and looking for mods, too.

Captain, did you decide on your 1st mod yet?
Old 12-07-2008, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
86 190E 2.3-16v, 92 500E, 03 CL55 AMG, 08 E3504M Brabus
Hey everyone,

I just picked up an 05 E320 Sport a couple weeks back and have been perusing the forums trying to soak up some info on these cars. I gotta say this car is a huge jump from the Integra I've been driving around lately (and the WRX and Civics before that).

It's a run-of-the-mill E320 with AMG bumpers/tips/18s (suspension too?). It's got the US-spec COMAND, which I just learned has a waste of a DVD drive in the trunk, haha. I picked it up from the stealership for $23k out the door w/ 55k miles. I think I robbed em and I'm damn proud of it

No big plans yet, still feeling everything out. I'd like a new grille but haven't seen many examples of the aftermarket ones actually on the car. AMG rear lip spoiler maybe. Flat hood emblem on its way. EURO COMAND, I wish.

Just wanted to say hello and I hope to find some inspiration and info from here. I've already seen alot of really CLEAN W211's on this site
Cap, do yourself a favor and leave the grill of your car alone! All aftermarket "CL" grills on any car that doesn't have the star on them already are awful! Please don't do it! Its terrrrrrible! Ha, I'm kidding its just my opinon, plenty of people are happy with their "CL" grills I just think they look like ****. Start with a drop and maybe some updated AMG wheels. Browse our classified sections here you'll find great deals and people are generally trustworthy. BTW there is no AMG suspension package. With your color, which in my opinion is a pretty "classy" color, I really wouldn't go too crazy with this. Don't go tint the taillights or anything ridiculous like that. Keep it subtle ya know? A drop, lip spoiler (forget intake options there aren't any), tinting the windows always looks great, clear or color matched side markers (I like clear better) and if you were looking for DVD on that nav screen which I imagine you are, look into Nav-TV. It allows you to run either a mobile DVD player or IPod video unit direct to your existing Nav screen. You can put the DVD player, even Slim Ps2 if your a gamer guy, Ipod video or whatever you choose into the glove box for easy access. Then you don't have to get out all the time to change movies. Its about 500 bucks and you have to drive w/o your command unit for 2 days. Not the end of the world. I like it alot. Other than that, maybe a sportier steering wheel if your feeling a little crazy? What type of interior trim do you have in there? Good luck and welcome. You did get a good deal.

BTW that flat badge is a great mod on a sport kitted 211. Really looks much better on them than the flying star. Install is easy too. Did you order a white star hood badge or the traditional one from the dealer? Either way, it will look much better than the flying star. Don't forget, keep it clean! Your goal with this color car should be to make all of your modifications look like the car came that way! Trust me you'll thank me later

Ha, I keep editing this post I'm sorry! I've got ideas I can't help it. I also think your car would look great if you purchased a carbon fiber front lip spoiler (pretty sure they fit your model, check w/ euroteck & ebay) and color match it! I think that would look awesome. Also, if you don't have P2, maybe an MTEC HID kit or if your willing to shell out you can purchase the bi xenon headlights from the dealer or the classified section. They are a bit more expensive though. Anyways, good luck! Hope this is helpful! PM me if you have any questions on Nav TV or anything else I'd be glad to have a hand in helping you modify your E.

Last edited by AMGTestDriverNJ; 12-07-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by AMGTestDriverNJ
Cap, do yourself a favor and leave the grill of your car alone! All aftermarket "CL" grills on any car that doesn't have the star on them already are awful! Please don't do it! Its terrrrrrible! Ha, I'm kidding its just my opinon, plenty of people are happy with their "CL" grills I just think they look like ****. Start with a drop and maybe some updated AMG wheels. Browse our classified sections here you'll find great deals and people are generally trustworthy. BTW there is no AMG suspension package. With your color, which in my opinion is a pretty "classy" color, I really wouldn't go too crazy with this. Don't go tint the taillights or anything ridiculous like that. Keep it subtle ya know? A drop, lip spoiler (forget intake options there aren't any), tinting the windows always looks great, clear or color matched side markers (I like clear better) and if you were looking for DVD on that nav screen which I imagine you are, look into Nav-TV. It allows you to run either a mobile DVD player or IPod video unit direct to your existing Nav screen. You can put the DVD player, even Slim Ps2 if your a gamer guy, Ipod video or whatever you choose into the glove box for easy access. Then you don't have to get out all the time to change movies. Its about 500 bucks and you have to drive w/o your command unit for 2 days. Not the end of the world. I like it alot. Other than that, maybe a sportier steering wheel if your feeling a little crazy? What type of interior trim do you have in there? Good luck and welcome. You did get a good deal.

BTW that flat badge is a great mod on a sport kitted 211. Really looks much better on them than the flying star. Install is easy too. Did you order a white star hood badge or the traditional one from the dealer? Either way, it will look much better than the flying star. Don't forget, keep it clean! Your goal with this color car should be to make all of your modifications look like the car came that way! Trust me you'll thank me later

Ha, I keep editing this post I'm sorry! I've got ideas I can't help it. I also think your car would look great if you purchased a carbon fiber front lip spoiler (pretty sure they fit your model, check w/ euroteck & ebay) and color match it! I think that would look awesome. Also, if you don't have P2, maybe an MTEC HID kit or if your willing to shell out you can purchase the bi xenon headlights from the dealer or the classified section. They are a bit more expensive though. Anyways, good luck! Hope this is helpful! PM me if you have any questions on Nav TV or anything else I'd be glad to have a hand in helping you modify your E.
Thanks for all the info. MBW has steered me away from intakes or aftermarket grilles, so I'm not looking into that anymore.

Nav-TV sounds like a great option. I'll definitely be looking into that or trying to find a used EURO COMAND somewhere.

Front lip spoiler sounds good too, I'll definitely look into that as well. Car came equipped with factory HIDs, I just ordered some white SMD LED bulbs for the front parking lights to match. I got the OEM flat hood badge (not the white one), but I dropped the damn white pins somewhere and lost them so I'm waiting on replacements.

I think the rear trunk lip will be the next mod for me. Then a subtle window tint job. I really want to lower the car but I don't want to sacrifice any ride quality.

So far I have just one mod done. The smoked sidemarkers go really well with the dark gray body color.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:08 AM

07 E350, 03 Lexus ES300, 04 CLK 320 (gone)
thanks man. how are the H&R's on your car? I want to lower mine but I'm a bit iffy on compromising ride quality.

And what kind of K&N filters are you running? Drop-in, cone, or full intake?
H&R's are good...I put in camber bolts to correct the alignment after I lowered the car....rides perfect. nice and smooth....handles great.

as for the K&N's...normal drop in filters (2) I can see the modding bug has bitten you already
Old 12-10-2008, 05:54 PM

'07 GL450, '98 Wrangler
Hey Captain - welcome and congrats on the new car! An easy and cheap mod is white blinker covers for the side, $50 on ebay! I did it and I think it has bog impact, just flows better...
Old 12-10-2008, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by desert-boater
Hey Captain - welcome and congrats on the new car! An easy and cheap mod is white blinker covers for the side, $50 on ebay! I did it and I think it has bog impact, just flows better...
Thanks for the tip, I just picked up some smoked ones off of the good ol ebay and they should look great with a CF lip, if I ever get around to that.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:39 PM
K-A
Out Of Control!!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Porsche Macan S SportDesign / Ex M-B's: 11 & 10 & 06 E350's, 02 S500
Hey everyone,

Originally Posted by timeskew
Just got he same car in Pewter and 25K miles for 25 out the door! Very happy so far, and looking for mods, too.

Captain, did you decide on your 1st mod yet?
Damn, you guys got good deals indeed, any Pre-09 AMG package E's are hard to find and IMO the best all-around look for the W211.

Were each of your cars purchased as CPO cars from the Dealers out of curiosity?

The great thing about the 211 IMO is there are so many great options to make these cars look great, from highly modded, to bone stock and nicely equipped and super clean.

I tinted my front side markers and they look great, also did the taillights, I was gonna go with a lip but decided to keep it spoiler-less as I personally think it looks cleaner.

Also, I know for the 06's we got the Sport Suspension, which rides great, handles well, and is a perfect combination of sporty/stiff and luxurious, and it comes lowered a bit. Not sure if '05's have it also, but compare your rear wheel gap with a stock E320/E350 and if yours is lowered you'll definitely notice the difference.

I was thinking of doing a Rim swap, but I really like these AMG rims on the pre-'07's as you don't see them on many 211's at all, and they go well with the all around look of the car IMO.

Last edited by K-A; 12-10-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E
sweet ride!
great deal!
i got my 05 for 26k with 33*** miles

i would deffinantly stay away from the CL grills
either paint your grill black or body color
and in my opinion the frnt lip is the best apperance mod you could do
in my opinion