E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

2007 E350 4matic Reliability

Old 01-29-2009, 12:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by novae500
from what i have read, the SBC brakes, airmatic leaks. Do i need to take my car in for the TSB on the SBC?
I do not have airmatic so I really cannot address this however I do have it on my other MB and it too has been trouble free since Sept 05. Re the SBC,I disagree with the previous poster and like them very much. This is not new technology as brake by wire has been used for years in aircraft like the Airbus and its quite reliable. The only thing that I hear is a soft hum when opening the drivers door after the car has been parked for a while. As far as the TSB, yes you should have it done if your VIN falls in the range that it calls for. Perhaps its been done already, check with your dealer. Also MB has extended the warranty on the pump and system. If yours is noisy there is also a bulletin addressing that. Mine never was. Even before the TSB there were very few failures considering the number of vehicles out there.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E 350
Originally Posted by E3504matic
Mine has been perfect. Only problems I've had was a cracked driver's side mirror and a broken floor mat clip. Both were fixed under warranty.
Just noticed the drivers side mirror is cracked on the wife's car. Did your dealer tell you what caused this?
Old 02-02-2009, 04:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by RRohrbeck
Just noticed the drivers side mirror is cracked on the wife's car. Did your dealer tell you what caused this?
I believe he said it was some sort of stress crack. He had done a couple of them already so it was no issues to replace under warranty.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...rs-mirror.html
Old 12-07-2013, 12:48 AM

2006e350 4matic wagon
Quirky Transmission

Originally Posted by ViperGTS64
I'm glad to hear this. I think i can fetch a great deal to boot. I think the most emphasist of poor reliability was placed on the stereo system and the transmission. The transmission part worried me, but it seems like for the most part you guys are happy with it.
I also am wondering about the Tranny on the down shift. Seems when driving at lower speeds in city tranny jerks into lower gear. Always wondered if this is a problem and should get checked.

Any comments about this would be great.
Old 12-29-2013, 02:31 PM

A few toys & 07' E350 4matic w/AMG sport packg.
Originally Posted by rieger
Just don't get anything pre 07. They updated the E-class in 07 and I think/hope they got rid of the problems in the E-class cars that were manufactured in 03-06.
Looks like the only complaints in the 07 cars is the quirky downshift in the 07 cars that people complain about in the forums. I myself have the 5speed so can't speak about it from experience, but have read about it.
I've just been getting these weird shifting situations, upshift from 3 to 4 and one specific downshift (not sure if 4 to 3 or 3 to 2 ATM) when coming to a stop. So weird it bugs me now and then and seems to happen when it's only me or one passenger in the car.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:38 PM

2006e350 4matic wagon
2007 E350 Transmission/ Master Mopar

Originally Posted by MasterMoparSB
I've just been getting these weird shifting situations, upshift from 3 to 4 and one specific downshift (not sure if 4 to 3 or 3 to 2 ATM) when coming to a stop. So weird it bugs me now and then and seems to happen when it's only me or one passenger in the car.
Hey ,Thanks for your reply. Good info to know. Mine was pretty much the same. I brought my Benz in for these complaints, and hesitation. The dealer changed transmission oil, filter plus spark plugs.

So far, I have no complaints. Runs like new. Dealer said to change spark plugs every 100,000 K or five years. Going from memory, dealer said to change transmission fluid every 60,000 K. Hope this helps!!!

Cheers
Old 12-30-2013, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by americanyankee
Hey ,Thanks for your reply. Good info to know. Mine was pretty much the same. I brought my Benz in for these complaints, and hesitation. The dealer changed transmission oil, filter plus spark plugs.

So far, I have no complaints. Runs like new. Dealer said to change spark plugs every 100,000 K or five years. Going from memory, dealer said to change transmission fluid every 60,000 K. Hope this helps!!!

Cheers
My car HAD the scheduled transmission service around 48k I believe it was? This started after I think.
Old 12-30-2013, 11:56 AM

2006e350 4matic wagon
My car HAD the scheduled transmission service around 48k I believe it was? This started after I think.
I can see how that would be frustrating. If that was a recurring problem for me, I would bring my car back to whoever serviced it.

Keep on them until you are satisfied.. Hopefully, it is nothing major.

Will keep you posted if my tranny starts to act up again.

Cheers
Old 12-30-2013, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by americanyankee
I can see how that would be frustrating. If that was a recurring problem for me, I would bring my car back to whoever serviced it.

Keep on them until you are satisfied.. Hopefully, it is nothing major.

Will keep you posted if my tranny starts to act up again.

Cheers
The car has been doing this now for over a year I would say. It's also out of factory warranty, so I haven't pursued it. The 5gtronic transmissions are known for this
Old 12-30-2013, 08:39 PM

2006e350 4matic wagon
The car has been doing this now for over a year I would say. It's also out of factory warranty, so I haven't pursued it. The 5gtronic transmissions are known for this
Again my friend. I would go back to dealer and tell them what you just said to me.

When I went to the dealer to complain about mine, I printed off comments about transmission complaints From this section and showed them. If it is an honest dealership, they should look after you. Besides, you want to have a history of complaints about your tranny with the dealer in case something serious happens down the road. If so, you can argue for them to fix it at there cost instead of yours. Good luck my friend!! Stick up for yourself and keep complaining.

Cheers