E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Most complaints ever seen (SEVAS WHEELS)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 E350 sport
Most complaints ever seen (SEVAS WHEELS)

Besides the hundreds of posts on here in regards to Sevas Wheels falling apart or exploding on freeways,or their horrible customer service I would like to inform you guys on my sad story in hopes of saving my fellow MB owners from SEVAS...

My Car: E350 07 sport
When I first purchased My Sevas S7's the people @ Sevas gave me a month turn around time because they were having them shipped from over seas..8 months later I finally received them..I received with incorrect offsets..This caused my tires in the back 285/25/20 to stick out and rub on every bump..Sevas denied returning them because it wasnt their fault..I tried even 275/30/20s and still bad rubbing..SO basically I can never lower the rear or ride with people because of Sevas ignorance..Not done.My front rim dented from driving have no idea how...I had to replace it so I ordered one from Sevas..After paying it took me 3 months to receive and when it finally came get this...The inside of the wheel wasnt painted black(like the other 3 rims) and they sent me a totally different offset that doesnt match the right tire..The front right rim is flush with the fender and clears the break by an inch and the front left one tuckes in and is about an inch from the fender and is bareley clearing the brakes..So basically my car is screwed up all over..I contacted them in regards to being retarted and sending me the wrong rim via email...No response ...I call them no response...I go to website..its down...I hope and pray this company has failed and would like to reach out to everyone that has had problems with Sevas maybe we can work together to take some legal action..I am taking these rims off as soon as I get tires on my stocks..Im poor right now so wont be any time soon..=(..Sevas were a good price and nice design to begin with but the old saying you pay what you get for is soooo true..I have learned greatly from my mistakes..
Old 02-04-2009, 03:27 PM

GL350-Bluetec P1
Sorry to hear that. I know the AMG rims I bought are expensive, but I doubt I'll have those issues. I hope you can get some new wheels soon. Best of luck.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 E55 BEAST
Its time someone takes the scumbag owner of the company and hooks him up to a car battery. I say 15 minutes for each customer they've f***ed over.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Before purchasing my VIP Modulars, I purchased a set of Sevas Forged wheels in a group buy on this site. After paying, I was told it would take 6 weeks to get my wheels. 3 months later I told them that I wanted to cancel my order but was told that my wheels have arrived at their warehouse and would be shipped that week. Well, another week went by and still no wheels. I called them again and they said that they had only gotten 2 of the wheels in and the other two were arriving that day and would be shipped out. Well, another week went by and still no wheels. I called again and demanded a refund. At this point, I was dealing directly with the owner. He begged me not to cancel and that he would knock $500.00 off my price, and he guaranteed me the wheels in 7 days. Guess what? 7 days later, still no wheels. I called to cancel and again he begged me not to cancel. He said that he would give me $700.00 off plus free next day shipping. At that point, I was done. I told him to refund my money, which it took another week to do, but he did.

I ordered my VIP Modulars VR-05's and had them on my door in 8 weeks.

Stay away from SEVAS. Even if you get your wheels, which is a crapshoot, apparently they're junk.

Last edited by Benz-O-Rama; 02-04-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E500, 2011 ML350
It is always funny when a vendor happens to have recieved or shipped a product "right before you called".......
Old 02-04-2009, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2003 S210 3.8L Brabus wagon
20s dent easily because the hoops are so big with no back or inside support. They go out of round easily. If you need to go that large consider a forged wheel for the added strength. So sorry to hear about your run around. This too shall eventually pass.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Almost a Member!

03 E320
I bought 19" 9.5" (all four) AMG Replicas for $850.
They look identical to the onces that my Local benz is advertising in their show room (100% identical) and the benz dealer is selling them for $2000 a piece.
Also they dont have AMG written on them, which i am kinda glad cos my car isn't an AMG.
The quality is very good, very very good but i am sure not as good as the real deal but then again, i am paying less than 1/8 of the real thing.
I only have one complain, they are too wide. I have 235 35 rubber in the front and 245 35 in the back.
I initially had 235 35 in the back but after about 7 month of use i got buldge in the tires and got them replaced for 245 35.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Let's me know to stay away from Sevas.

In this economic climate, mistakes are very costly. The amount of people buying rims at these price points has greatly reduced. Terrible customer support.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by Taimoor
I bought 19" 9.5" (all four) AMG Replicas for $850.
They look identical to the onces that my Local benz is advertising in their show room (100% identical) and the benz dealer is selling them for $2000 a piece.
Also they dont have AMG written on them, which i am kinda glad cos my car isn't an AMG.
The quality is very good, very very good but i am sure not as good as the real deal but then again, i am paying less than 1/8 of the real thing.
I only have one complain, they are too wide. I have 235 35 rubber in the front and 245 35 in the back.
I initially had 235 35 in the back but after about 7 month of use i got buldge in the tires and got them replaced for 245 35.

And how are you determining this? By sight?

Replica wheels generally use inferior materials and are cast, not forged. Why do you think they're so cheap? I'm not saying that a higher price always equals better quality, but when it comes to wheels and tires, it's usually the case.

Michelin tires are expensive for a reason. HRE wheels are expensive for a reason.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
Originally Posted by bahador
Besides the hundreds of posts on here in regards to Sevas Wheels falling apart or exploding on freeways,or their horrible customer service I would like to inform you guys on my sad story in hopes of saving my fellow MB owners from SEVAS...
I too am sorry to hear this story. However, after reading your opening sentence, I have to wonder why on earth would you purchase those wheels ?
Old 02-06-2009, 01:52 PM

07 E350 sport
I didnt out about thier horrible service till after I started dealing with their BS...I did A search on this forum and others and was so shocked...You can google and get hundreds of complaints..I honestly think the poor quality of service and product is something to approach legally...I just dont have enough knowledge in that catagory..Im going to post some pics so you guys can see my Defects..I was wondering If since the back is scraping on the outside too...If I can just have my fenders pulled out because they are already stock rolled...Is that expensive??
Old 02-07-2009, 02:35 PM
Almost a Member!

03 E320
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
And how are you determining this? By sight?

Replica wheels generally use inferior materials and are cast, not forged. Why do you think they're so cheap? I'm not saying that a higher price always equals better quality, but when it comes to wheels and tires, it's usually the case.

Michelin tires are expensive for a reason. HRE wheels are expensive for a reason.
Like i said, i am sure they are not as good, but so far, they look perfect.
No defects, shinny as they were the first day, no rust, no flakes.
Just look pristine.
Ofcourse i didnt have the time or the will to take a metal sample from them to a lab to get them analyzed for composition but from visually they look really excellent..... so far.
Good enough for me not to regreat not buying the real ones.
Again, ofcourse they are probably, no no, foresure, not as good as the real ones but they are good enough for me to be happy to have cool looking rims for a price i am happy to pay.
Forged or whatever, i honestly dont even know the difference but for my day to day, city driving at an avg of 60km/h they are good enough.
When i get an E63, then i will make sure that my rims are the real deal, extremely reliable and strong.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Almost a Member!

03 E320
Originally Posted by bahador
I didnt out about thier horrible service till after I started dealing with their BS...I did A search on this forum and others and was so shocked...You can google and get hundreds of complaints..I honestly think the poor quality of service and product is something to approach legally...I just dont have enough knowledge in that catagory..Im going to post some pics so you guys can see my Defects..I was wondering If since the back is scraping on the outside too...If I can just have my fenders pulled out because they are already stock rolled...Is that expensive??
I am an extremely noob at these things. It is evident from my purchase of 4x 19" 9.5.
Had i known i would have made sure the front ones are a little less thick so the stagger configuration sits better.
But even with my limited knowledge, i think your main problem is you are going with extremely wide tires.
I have 245 35 in the back, i wanted 255, but oh well.
but your 285/25/20 is definitely really really wide.
Fender roll back will probably solve your problem and might also look good if done properly.
I would suggest consule with a body shop or one of those pimp my ride kinda shops that do these kinda of rim installs.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
R350
Originally Posted by Taimoor
I am an extremely noob at these things. It is evident from my purchase of 4x 19" 9.5.
Had i known i would have made sure the front ones are a little less thick so the stagger configuration sits better.
But even with my limited knowledge, i think your main problem is you are going with extremely wide tires.
I have 245 35 in the back, i wanted 255, but oh well.
but your 285/25/20 is definitely really really wide.
Fender roll back will probably solve your problem and might also look good if done properly.
I would suggest consule with a body shop or one of those pimp my ride kinda shops that do these kinda of rim installs.
FYI - OEM tire sizing for my CLS55 wheels are 255/285 (wheels are 8.5/9.5).
Old 02-08-2009, 08:40 PM

07 E350 sport
Angry

There are numerous posts stating 275s and 285s have no problem fitting on MB owners w211s...Its just that Sevas offset isnt proper for the car so it sticks out...a tiny bit.Drivvnnn me crazy every bump I scared its gonna pop a tire or bend my fender....this sucks
Old 02-18-2009, 03:32 AM

07 E350 sport
I went to a rim shop the other day and they said they can shave ,max 4mm off the inside of my rim to help with the offset issue in regards to rubbing in the back..crossing fingers

Here is a pic of my bootleg problems..!!!!!!!

By bahador

By bahador

By bahador

Last edited by bahador; 02-19-2009 at 02:58 PM. Reason: added pics