E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

E55 brakes on E500 (fronts)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 06:49 PM
tfr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mb 190e 3.6 amg.
Hi. Is it a special bleeding order on the front calipers, since it is four bleeding screws?

I have just purchased a motive bleeder like the one you have used.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:21 AM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
I'm doing this now. The rear so far was the most painful because the rotors were almost seized on the hub for some reason. A couple knocks with a mallet freed it along with kroil. I am also changing all the lines to s/s. I haven't disconnected anything yet simply because I want to get the mounting done with.

Rear calipers bolt right up in place.

Fronts I choose not to get the AMG front spindles because the cheapest I could find them were $300 a pop and I wasn't spending $600 just to have two enlarged holes for the caliper bolts.

I simply drilled out the two holes to 1/2" drill bit, then used my dremel with a 90' degree attachment and slowly ground out the hole to make it larger to fit the bolts. Took some time but is perfect. I also didn't purchase amg front dust shields because those were $60 a pop, and again wasn't spending $120. I simply cut the originals like above but not as aggressive. I have it cut so it's right at the caliper bracket with about 1-2mm space. I am doing the driver side tomorrow then hopefully get my brake fluid and motive adaptor next week so I can bleed/bed the system in.

I am amazed at how heavy the front rotors are compared to the stock sport rotors. I have to weigh everything but the caliper (8 piston), 4 pads, rotor..etc. Adds up quick. It's also more expensive than I had thought.

Two oem front rotors at $148 a piece
Two oem rear rotors at $91 a piece
Akebono pads front/rear $200
s/s lines $100
(I needed to order the pins/clips and bolts since I didn't have them), another $80 or so..
Total not counting caliper cost = $870 or so.

I'll post pictures later once everything is done, but at least it will fill the wheels now...lol

-Nigel