Rim spacer help, 19x8.5 !!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
Rim spacer help, 19x8.5 !!!!!!

What size spacers are you guys running on 19x8.5 rims for your E500 2006 benz??????

I ordered some concept one RS-8 rims in 19x8.5 from D2autosport 3 wks ago. Finally got them Thursday. Took them to Sears and NTB and both tire techs said i need spacers. Watched them put on the rim to the hub and there is a gap, (not sure how much mm gap), but obvious.

Since the 19s are bigger and have a gap (not sure how many mm). They refused to install due to possibility of it wobbling and could some loose.

Its been hell working with D2autosport in getting my rims.
1. Said they were in stock and would get them in 3 days. Further research on my part i find out that the RS-8 come in 5x114, not 5x112. So when i confronted them on it, they said they would file down and had adapters and make them fit 5x112 pattern. Then said they were being special ordered 5x112 which took 3wks...

2. Asked if i needed spacers and they said no and should fit without issues. (guess i had to find out the hard way!!)

3. get the rims and see that the stamp on them say ET 38. But i need 35 offset to fit my benz. Called them and said that its the stock stamp and since they were custom fabricated, its not et38 thats stamped on the rim but offset to fit my car.

One good thing out of this is that i did dispute my credit card company for the charges that hit. Really crap customer service from them. I wouldn't suggest ordered from them at all.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Originally Posted by novae500
What size spacers are you guys running on 19x8.5 rims for your E500 2006 benz??????

I ordered some concept one RS-8 rims in 19x8.5 from D2autosport 3 wks ago. Finally got them Thursday. Took them to Sears and NTB and both tire techs said i need spacers. Watched them put on the rim to the hub and there is a gap, (not sure how much mm gap), but obvious.

Since the 19s are bigger and have a gap (not sure how many mm). They refused to install due to possibility of it wobbling and could some loose.

Its been hell working with D2autosport in getting my rims.
1. Said they were in stock and would get them in 3 days. Further research on my part i find out that the RS-8 come in 5x114, not 5x112. So when i confronted them on it, they said they would file down and had adapters and make them fit 5x112 pattern. Then said they were being special ordered 5x112 which took 3wks...

2. Asked if i needed spacers and they said no and should fit without issues. (guess i had to find out the hard way!!)

3. get the rims and see that the stamp on them say ET 38. But i need 35 offset to fit my benz. Called them and said that its the stock stamp and since they were custom fabricated, its not et38 thats stamped on the rim but offset to fit my car.

One good thing out of this is that i did dispute my credit card company for the charges that hit. Really crap customer service from them. I wouldn't suggest ordered from them at all.

So if you did a chargeback, are you sending the wheels back or keeping them for free?

I've had nothing but great service from D2 Autosport. Customer service was above and beyond.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
I'm more than happy to send it back to them (as long as they pay for the shipping). They should have been upfront with me on everything. I should have gotten the forgestars from godfather instead. I would not even consider keeping them for free, not going to do me any good since they are useless.

i'll give them 2-3 business days to resolve the issue , since i didn't get the "above and beyond" service that i would hope. It was like pulling teeth to get info on the rims after i paid for them.
-so i contacted the maker of the rims to help me resolve the delay.
- Asking them what bolt length i needed, was told your installer should know...
-what offset are for my car, was told 35mm then later told i never told you what the offset is for your car when i brought up the 38ET stamped on the rims....i mean WTF tell me one thing, and later say something else.

-

Last edited by novae500; 08-30-2009 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Who did you deal with at D2? I deal exclusively with Derrick and based on my history with them, and numerous people that I've recommended to them, I find it baffling that you've had a bad experience. I've been a member here for a long time and I can't recall ONE bad post about them.

I don't know the history of your transaction, but I would pick up the phone and call Derrick. I have a feeling that this has been one huge misunderstanding that they'll be eager to resolve.

Whatever happened, good luck in getting it resolved. I bet it'll all work out.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VIPER
Minh, as I said in my email to you earlier today, I understand your level of frustration, and I already aksed to give me the address to Sears and we'll send another set of hubrings. This was before I even saw this post.

As for the customer service, I have answered every question you asked, accepted responsibility for any lag, and apologized for any shortcoming on our part. I told you the wheels wouldn't require spacers and they don't. Its hubrings that you are talking about, and they simply center the wheel on the hub. Totally different than a spacer which pushes the wheel out futher from the car.We even paid extra to have your wheels done by Concept One, when our local supplier said they were in stock, and then they were not. Our supply issues are not your problem, and I don't personally believe in excuses in business, so this is the reason I never even bought this up. Do I want a medal or extra acolades? Of course not, that's what is done in the name of customer service.

I am well aware of the extra time this has taken, however I have been available to you via phone and email with never more than about a half day response time. Even if you have an issue, we are still being accountable.

With all this being said, we still have not been paid for these wheels, since you froze the charge. Yet I've offered to send you more hubrings just to make this right. If you don't consider that good customer service then we'll just have to respectfully agree to disagree.

For the record, I still approach this situation from a apologetic perspective, and I sincerely hope we can get this particular situation back on track and earn your business in the future. If not, I respect your decision.

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 08-30-2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
Derrick

I still have hope that things will work out and in the end, both sides will be happy. I know you've been trying your best to resolve all the problems that i've encountered, but frustrated (i could use other words) could sum up how i feel.

I didn't see any hub rings that came with the rims when i opened each of the 4 boxes. Only thing that came in the box were plastic flimsy center cap inserts and one license plate holder w/D2 logo. I hope these arent the hubrings, because they look very cheap/flimsy vs the extra ones that Sears had laying in their back room that tried see if any fit my car, which didnt.

I'd rather have the hub rings sent to me, instead of Sears (so there is no more mixup of what went where).Hopefully the hubrings you send will arrive soon so i can try again to get the rims put on my car.

Benz-o-rama

I agree that i've seen only positive experience with D2 on here by other members and on clublexus, thats why i decided to go with them. Do i have regrets? Yes/no, maybe....i just wish things were smoother than what i've gone through.

Last edited by novae500; 08-31-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 E320 Bluetec
Derrick

I still have hope that things will work out and in the end, both sides will be happy. I know you've been trying your best to resolve all the problems that i've encountered, but frustrated (i could use other words) could sum up how i feel.

I didn't see any hub rings that came with the rims when i opened each of the 4 boxes. Only thing that came in the box were plastic flimsy center cap inserts and one license plate holder w/D2 logo. I hope these arent the hubrings, because they look very cheap/flimsy vs the extra ones that Sears had laying in their back room that tried see if any fit my car, which didnt.

I'd rather have the hub rings sent to me, instead of Sears (so there is no more mixup of what went where).Hopefully the hubrings you send will arrive soon so i can try again to get the rims put on my car.

Benz-o-rama

I agree that i've seen only positive experience with D2 on here by other members and on clublexus, thats why i decided to go with them. Do i have regrets? Yes/no, maybe....i just wish things were smoother than what i've gone through.
An observation only, I could be wrong:
Those center cap cheap and flimsy inserts are probably the hub rings you need. You don't want metal hub rings. Hub rings are only an installation aid (though these don't come out following the install) to center the wheel instead of simply relying on lugs for centering. Try them out.

Last edited by pinebaron; 08-31-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
I dont think the center caps are the hubrings. I have similar center caps for the OEM rims...But if the center caps were/are the hubrings they sent, i'll admit i'm wrong. Hubrings are also required not just for centering but also so their are no vibrations when using non OEM rims.

But the ones i saw Sears had and some research online i did and ordered from (justforwheels.com) look totally different and are more ring like look.

Did get an email from Derrick saying sending me hubrings. And my cc company did let me know they reversed the chargeback. What a hassle it has been.. Next time i'll just rethink before i order for my other cars.

Last edited by novae500; 09-01-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 E320 Bluetec
Hubrings are also required not just for centering but also so their are no vibrations when using non OEM rims.
Hub rings serve no purpose after installation, their entire job is to initially hold the wheel perfectly centered while the lug nuts are being installed. The best hub rings to use are Polycarbonate material since these act like "O" rings.

You are correct about vibrations: Centering prevents vibrations.

Last edited by pinebaron; 09-01-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211

Box with hubrings from D2 was at my doorstep when i got home from work. Went back to Sears and got them put on. 2 hrs later on the road. Like the way the rims/tires look. Glad i went with the 19s vs 20s. Smooth ride and no vibrations.

Just need to find a way to lower via STARs without going back to factory settings after several key cycling.....don't want to use ELM or lower links, since car is under warranty thru 2013.

Last edited by novae500; 09-02-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

VIPER

Box with hubrings from D2 was at my doorstep when i got home from work. Went back to Sears and got them put on. 2 hrs later on the road. Like the way the rims/tires look. Glad i went with the 19s vs 20s. Smooth ride and no vibrations.

Just need to find a way to lower via STARs without going back to factory settings after several key cycling.....don't want to use ELM or lower links, since car is under warranty thru 2013.
Great Minh!! I'm glad we got this put to bed with the EXACT outcome that you were looking for regards to fitment, style and most importantly lack of issue!

I apologize for any hiccup along the way, but as they say alls well that ends well.

As I said before I sincerely hope we can earn your business, and referrals in the future. If not we at the very least got you what you wanted 100% and I'm most comfortable with that.

-Derrick
Old 09-02-2009, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Who did you deal with at D2? I deal exclusively with Derrick and based on my history with them, and numerous people that I've recommended to them, I find it baffling that you've had a bad experience. I've been a member here for a long time and I can't recall ONE bad post about them.

I don't know the history of your transaction, but I would pick up the phone and call Derrick. I have a feeling that this has been one huge misunderstanding that they'll be eager to resolve.

Whatever happened, good luck in getting it resolved. I bet it'll all work out.
As predicted.
Old 09-05-2009, 06:51 PM

E320
Hats off to d2 for backing up their products unlike some other mbw sponsors cough (fill in the blank)
Old 09-05-2009, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 E550, 2012 GL450, 2014 GLK350, 2015 S550, 2020 GLC350e
I have yet to hear anyone who has had their warranty voided by links or ELM. Have you?

Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
So you are telling me that if an airmatic failure happens on our cars lowered with ELM or lowering links, the dealer will kindly replace the airmatic strut/shock??? Without any problems?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So you are telling me that if an airmatic failure happens on our cars lowered with ELM or lowering links, the dealer will kindly replace the airmatic strut/shock??? Without any problems?
I would remove the links before servicing since they're so easy to pop out. As for the ELM, just do a stealth install like I did, and turn it off before servicing. I had a couple of shocks replaced under warranty with no problem. I just hid the ELM in my lower armrest and was never questioned.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W211
thanks for the info...decisions decisions now in what to get to lower the car....no rush for me, since having a baby end of this month.. All my $$ will end up going to him now!