Old 11-20-2009, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E92 M3
HELP!!! front suspension :(

someone please helppp
I know everyone is going to think I'm
but my car is on jackstand's and I need help
my front shocks went kaput and I'm swapping them out right now
I got them from arnott and they told me to forget about the torque specs and just bolt it on as tight as I can
but half way into it, there's no way I'm going to bolt this thing up "as hard as I can" so can someone please supply me the proper tq specs for the top three bolts and botton bolt for the front shocks?
TIA!
Old 11-20-2009, 06:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
makes your daughter horny
Honestly, I have had my front shocks out 4 or so times and I torque them to what "feels about right."

Depending on the application I am usually very **** about torque specs (engine head, valve cover, etc.) but for things like this its not super critical. If you are **** you can get a chart online that references bolt size to torque spec for a rough guideline. For the bottom shock (strut) bolt as tight as you can in the cramped space of the wheel well with a 1/2" socket wrench is about right.. Id guess about 60 ft lbs.

For the top 3 bolts you definately don't want to do them as tight as you can. I usually use a 3/8" socket wrench and just do it a bit tighter than snug. Its really difficult to explain.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E92 M3
Originally Posted by W Cole
Honestly, I have had my front shocks out 4 or so times and I torque them to what "feels about right."

Depending on the application I am usually very **** about torque specs (engine head, valve cover, etc.) but for things like this its not super critical. If you are **** you can get a chart online that references bolt size to torque spec for a rough guideline. For the bottom shock (strut) bolt as tight as you can in the cramped space of the wheel well with a 1/2" socket wrench is about right.. Id guess about 60 ft lbs.

For the top 3 bolts you definately don't want to do them as tight as you can. I usually use a 3/8" socket wrench and just do it a bit tighter than snug. Its really difficult to explain.
where can I get this online chart?
Old 11-20-2009, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by ///A_M_G
where can I get this online chart?
Do a search for ASME bolt torque specs and you will find one.