E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Moving to Southern California

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2003, 12:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 CLS550
Moving to Southern California

I am moving to Southern California next month and was wondering if anyone could recommend a dealership and/or technician. I will be in West Los Angeles but I am willing to drive far in order to get good service. I find that a good (read competent) service department is hard to find.
Old 03-30-2003, 12:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
I always had my car serviced at fletcher jones, Ken Denault was my service advisor. I got top notch service and he always took care of me, plus there was this one good looking latin woman who had huge **** that worked there so i was happy.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E320
W. I. Simonson in Santa Monica will be your closest dealer. I didn't buy my car there because of their sales department, but I've always had a good experience with them service wise.

I bought my car from Mercedes Benz of Long Beach, and I plan to go there for service because I've been so happy with my experience with them so far.

Your other close choices might be the dealers in Beverly Hills or downtown Los Angeles or Mercedes of South Bay (in Redondo Beach, I think). I don't know anything about them.

I'm a realtor in Marina del Rey. If I can help you with anything in the area, I'd be happy to, neighbor! Welcome to the Westside!

Lol at Tezta, by the way! Men!
Old 03-30-2003, 05:38 PM

W211
I bought my car from MB of Long Beach. Pretty good experience.

I had the motor mount problem common on early production E500s. I first took the car to MB of South Bay in Torrance since they are closer to me. They didn't have the mounts in stock so they ordered it and it took 3 weeks to arrive I took it back in and they said they replaced the mounts but right when I picked it up the ticking was still there and maybe a little louder.

So a few days ago I took the car to MB of Long Beach and they had the mounts in stock and I got the car back within a few hours and the problem was fixed

I attended their new client orientation a few days ago and got to meet some of the service techs. Very knowledgeable and friendly people!

Another thumbs up for MB of Long Beach
Old 03-30-2003, 07:43 PM

2003 E320
Hey, MPTLPTR, I was at the same meeting--Thursday night??! I think our cars were parked next to each other in the valet new car lineup!! Were you asking all of the questions about the telephones in the E-Class?

Last edited by rickyfanmdr; 03-30-2003 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-30-2003, 07:59 PM

W211
Sue-

Yeah, it was Thursday night. I didn't ask any questions but I did stay after the presents were given out to take a tour of the service bay and talk to the technicians. Pretty cool.

See ya!
Old 03-31-2003, 12:16 AM

2003 E320
Actually I meant were you the one standing by that E-Class car talking to the tech in the service bay about telephones? I spent a lot of time in the parts department getting cargo nets and stuff so I didn't get to the service bay until the event was almost over.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:54 AM

SL550
Fletcher Jones

Originally posted by Tezta
I always had my car serviced at fletcher jones, Ken Denault was my service advisor. I got top notch service and he always took care of me, plus there was this one good looking latin woman who had huge **** that worked there so i was happy.

LOL! I recall seeing that woman. The last time I went to FJ for an oil change they left the cap off and I ended up with oil all over the place. It wasn't pretty, and it was like pulling teeth to get them to comp the service! Needless to say, I never went back.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:49 PM
Almost a Member!

I had 2 emergencies in LA both at night, I went over something on the freeway and the cover underneath the engine came off dragging (my car is lowered) once and the other time the batteries exploded.

The first problem I took to Penske because it was near work, the second time South Bay Mercedes came. They were both excellent.

2 people at work use Penske and are very happy with the personal service there, although I think they are getting too big to maintain personal service, even the service rep there think so.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:53 PM
Almost a Member!

Oh yeah, I usually go to Fletcher Jones because they wash my car for free, store my car and drop me off at the airport and pick me up, all free. Ok... I know... there's no free lunch. And of course I get to look at that latina with the big *****..hehe.

Won't buy my next car there though.
Old 04-09-2003, 03:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Just remember: Whatever you do, do not use the dealer downtown, they're not just bad, they cheat. I used it once and never came back.

A guy at work took his car there for service and they didn't replace his oil filter, although they charged him for a new filter. Of course they said they did and he couldn't prove otherwise. I would go back, but he was the paranoid type so he bought a filter, kept the box, marked his filter and put it on himself, and took it in for service the second time. Sure enough his filter was still there afterwards.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sean's Sister--
i've been servcing my e class at a location in lomita Ca, called benz and bimmers, its between pch and palos verdes drive north, close to the benz dealership in torrance, they once had to do a service on my car which even the dealership didn't know what was wrong with the car.
so i was glad......
Old 04-14-2003, 03:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Originally posted by phiv
Oh yeah, I usually go to Fletcher Jones because they wash my car for free, store my car and drop me off at the airport and pick me up, all free. Ok... I know... there's no free lunch. And of course I get to look at that latina with the big *****..hehe.

Won't buy my next car there though.
Why wont you buy a car at FJM? I like their car wash and airport pickup/drop off deal as well, very convenient.

Which dealer gives out free lunches?
Old 04-14-2003, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Oh and BTW since we are talking about good looking women at MB dealers, have you guys gone to Caliber Motors in anaheim hills? I saw on a few occasions a good looking girl about 20 years of age working the souvenir counter near the waiting lounge.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:32 AM
Almost a Member!

Sorry, what I meant was while the car washes are free and the shuttle to/from the airport is free, somebody has to pay for those expenses, and it's us the car buyers indirectly...."there is no such thing as a free lunch" as the saying goes.

Penske does serve a free omelette breakfast though.

Why won't I buy my next car at FJ? I discussed this on another thread:

The service has gone really bad for the past few years, I guess they're just too successful to care, I told management that many time. But even with the decline in service quality, people still go back! so why should they care?

I think the truth is that most of the buyers at FJ are ignorant of the car buying process, have money to spend, and are not willing to spend time hunting around, opting instead for the convenience of a nearby dealer.

So the sales people at FJ aren't that hungry, they BS a lot, simply because they get away with it and still sell cars. You can buy a car there if you do your homework, impress upon them that you aren't their average customer, and willing to put up with their BS.

My recommendation is to contact the fleet/internet salesman at FJ (or any dealer for that matter) and get a written quote. You can do this with no hassle and BS. Then use that as a guide to shop around.

I had a personal intro to a salesman at Penske in Covina, who went through all the details with me and pointed out where I can save some money, so my next 2 cars this year (E320 for the wife and not-sure-what-maybe-S500-or-CLK500 for me) will be through him.

I still do my homework though.
Old 04-14-2003, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'03 W211 aka E-500
The chica?

Originally posted by Tezta
Oh and BTW since we are talking about good looking women at MB dealers, have you guys gone to Caliber Motors in anaheim hills? I saw on a few occasions a good looking girl about 20 years of age working the souvenir counter near the waiting lounge.
The Hispanic girl, with pale skin and raven black hair?

Yep, I've seen her. H O T !

BTW==Best service I've gotten is from Laguna Niguel MB, but a little far from the tree if you're on the Left Side (I mean West Side).

EDJ
Old 04-14-2003, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Re: The chica?

Originally posted by ElDiabloJoe
The Hispanic girl, with pale skin and raven black hair?

Yep, I've seen her. H O T !

BTW==Best service I've gotten is from Laguna Niguel MB, but a little far from the tree if you're on the Left Side (I mean West Side).

EDJ
Actually i was reffering to a white girl with blonde hair..good to know there are more than one