E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Weird ESP Malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
Weird ESP Malfunction

hows it going guys, ok so this is what happened. I have a 2003 E500 and this past weekend i almost got into an accident but was able to avoid it by swerving out of the way, well my tires gave out and i ended up hitting the curb with my rear passenger tire and now my car says "ESP malfunction visit workshop" on the digital display, there are also times where i will hear my back passenger tire make a noise as if the tire is still skidding, i thought that i bent the axle, but everything seemed ok. the weird thing is that when i start my car it doesnt say ESP malfunction, it only starts at random times, and when it comes on the display i noticed that if i hit a bump the car will kinda shift. i called and asked my local MB dealer as to what they think the problem would be, he said that it could be that the sensor just knocked off. the only thing, is where is it? i really want to try to do this myself before i take it to the stealer. PLEASE HELP and thanks in advance.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E500, 2011 ML350
I would assume you bent something.....
Old 08-28-2010, 07:04 PM

E500
Unhappy UPDATE

ok well i took my 2003 E500 to get the tires checked and sure enough one of my back rims is bent, i called the dealer and they said $500 to replace 1!!! but the thing is that, would that be the reason for a weird high pitched noise in my back tires. also PLEASE PLEASE I really want to know where this highly talked about ESP Sensor is found on my car. also i was wondering what could the problem be when i start my car in the morning, sometimes i dont let it warm up and when i drive it rides fine but once i get to a stop light, the car will shut off and start right back up again all by itself, before it would light up the entire dash when it would shut off but now all it does is shut off and start right back again without the dash lights turning on. I FEEL SO MISERABLE because of this car, i payed 15,000 for it and here i am 3 monthes later worrying about the car, i guess it is my fault that i didnt buy it from a MB dealer. . but im dealing with it now to get it to tip top shape... please help guys im desperate and tight on money because of unexpected occurrences. IF YOU GUYS KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND A REPAIR MANUAL FROM A TRUSTWORTHY COMPANY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is my first MB but NOT my first german car. before this i owned a VW passat standard trans, and have done plenty of work on it, of course with some help from Chilton's repair manual.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:25 PM

2005 E320 CDI
Just a thought, if you are not aware that there are places that fix rims I highly recommend finding a place that repairs rims.

I hit a rock in Colorado this spring and broke the inner wall of my rim. I had it welded until I could get home and get it fixed. I took it to a place that repairs rims and for $100 they trued and balanced it. Good as new.

Hope that helps. I had the same sticker shock about the price. Turns out my local repair guy that does nothing but MB uses the same wheel place and says he has literally had hundreds repaired over the years.
Old 09-05-2010, 01:46 AM
SRz

C320
ESP Malfuntion warrning

I have C320 4 matic have some times ESP Malfuntion warring but most of the times its fine no error massage in the computer.
I Appriciate if some advise me what to do.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:20 PM

2005 E320 CDI
SRz,
I have been doing google searches and searches on this and other MB forums for ESP information. I found the discussion below that may give you an idea of some of the issues that the "sometimes" ESP warning could be. https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ol-module.html

Also just do a google search for "Install Mercedes ESP" or "Mercedes ESP problem" or "Mercedes ESP malfunction" and see what you turn up. Hope that helps.