97 Volvo 850, 05 E500
how much is the ipod unit?
Old 11-24-2010, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
Originally Posted by SashaRussian
how much is the ipod unit?
SashaRussian,

I have two Units, you can go with one or the other. Both have their Pros and Cons.

Factory Mercedes IPOD Adapter - $150

DENSION (model: DENSION Gateway 500 GW51MO2) - $300

I also have:

Phone Cradle with Puck - $200

Carbon Fiber Bra - $50

Staggered Rims (sport package '08 e class) - $350
(I have 6 of these rims. 4 Front and Two Rear. The Rear Tires need replacement. The Front still have some life in them.)

If you live in the NJ area, I can help you with the IPOD installation. The Factory Mercedes takes more time to install than the DENSION.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by handyovi
SashaRussian,

I have two Units, you can go with one or the other. Both have their Pros and Cons.

Factory Mercedes IPOD Adapter - $150

DENSION (model: DENSION Gateway 500 GW51MO2) - $300

I also have:

Phone Cradle with Puck - $200

Carbon Fiber Bra - $50

Staggered Rims (sport package '08 e class) - $350
(I have 6 of these rims. 4 Front and Two Rear. The Rear Tires need replacement. The Front still have some life in them.)

If you live in the NJ area, I can help you with the IPOD installation. The Factory Mercedes takes more time to install than the DENSION.
Where can I pick up the Dension 500 for around the $300 that you quoted? The installers in the Washington Dc area nuts. They are charging about $700 just for the device I'd like to purchase this seperately and have a competent shop install it for me.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:59 PM

2003 E320
Originally Posted by WEBSRFR
Where can I pick up the Dension 500 for around the $300 that you quoted? The installers in the Washington Dc area nuts. They are charging about $700 just for the device I'd like to purchase this seperately and have a competent shop install it for me.
WEBSRFR,

I am selling the DENSION for $300 (Plus shipping). If you want to pick it up, you would have to drive to Central NJ. If you take the drive, I might as well install it for you. The Dension is VERY easy to install and I know these cars inside out by now. The Dension would take me like 1 hour tops to install (maybe less).

Let me know if you would take the drive or if you rather have me ship it.

Regards,
handyovi
Ovidio Rivera
Old 11-24-2010, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S P100D
WEBSRFR,

I am selling the DENSION for $300 (Plus shipping). If you want to pick it up, you would have to drive to Central NJ. If you take the drive, I might as well install it for you. The Dension is VERY easy to install and I know these cars inside out by now. The Dension would take me like 1 hour tops to install (maybe less).

Let me know if you would take the drive or if you rather have me ship it.

Regards,
handyovi
Ovidio Rivera
Thanks so much! I might take you up on your offer because I plan to pick up the car in NY and drive to Maryland! What is the model of the Dension 500 unit that you have and when was it bought? I think the current model is GW51MO2.

I would like to use the Dension 500 to control the Ipod but still be able to use the in-dash CD changer. Would this be a problem?
Old 11-25-2010, 07:43 PM

2003 E320
Thanks so much! I might take you up on your offer because I plan to pick up the car in NY and drive to Maryland! What is the model of the Dension 500 unit that you have and when was it bought? I think the current model is GW51MO2.

I would like to use the Dension 500 to control the Ipod but still be able to use the in-dash CD changer. Would this be a problem?
WEBSRFR,

The Model I have is DENSION Gateway 500 GW51MO2.

Unfortunately I have to tell you that you will NOT be able to use the CD Changer because what the DENSION unit does is fools the system into thinking that it is talking to the CD Changer when in reality is talking to the DENSION UNIT. Since the DENSION unit is taking the place of the CD Changer, the CD Changer does not work. I know cause that is the way it used to work on my car. The way you connect the DENSION into the Fiber Ring is to remove the fiber that comes into the CD Changer, re-route it to the DENSION and then the output fiber from the DENSION goes into the CD Changer but by then, it will be no help to the CD Changer because the DENSION is already taking the place of the CD Changer.

I honestly do not remember when I purchased the unit, I would have to dig the invoices but it was a few years ago. The Unit is in perfect working condition and I was using it until this lady rear ended me.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S P100D
I was digging around the Dension Web site and found the following text:

http://www.dension.com/en/multimedia...er/gateway-500

Gateway 500 works like an adapter between your devices and the car, converting instructions from the car’s controls e.g. BMW iDrive or Audi MMi rotary controller, into a language that your phone or iPod can understand and respond to. When connected into the car, Gateway 500 emulates a CD changer, but has a switch which allows you to swap between the Gateway and the changer.

I'd really hate to lose the CD changer functionality so if I have a guest in the car who has a CD there should be a way to listen to it. The above text talks about a switch that allows you to change between the CD changer and the gateway. Can this switch be accessed from the cabin and changed on the fly? I sure hope so... I want to retain the CD changer feature and be able to switch back and forth between the Ipod interface and CDs.

Oh and I just realized that I've completely hijacked this thread. Sorry! I could move it to a separate thread if that it makes a difference...

WEBSRFR,

The Model I have is DENSION Gateway 500 GW51MO2.

Unfortunately I have to tell you that you will NOT be able to use the CD Changer because what the DENSION unit does is fools the system into thinking that it is talking to the CD Changer when in reality is talking to the DENSION UNIT. Since the DENSION unit is taking the place of the CD Changer, the CD Changer does not work. I know cause that is the way it used to work on my car. The way you connect the DENSION into the Fiber Ring is to remove the fiber that comes into the CD Changer, re-route it to the DENSION and then the output fiber from the DENSION goes into the CD Changer but by then, it will be no help to the CD Changer because the DENSION is already taking the place of the CD Changer.

I honestly do not remember when I purchased the unit, I would have to dig the invoices but it was a few years ago. The Unit is in perfect working condition and I was using it until this lady rear ended me.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:59 PM

2003 E320
I was digging around the Dension Web site and found the following text:

http://www.dension.com/en/multimedia...er/gateway-500

Gateway 500 works like an adapter between your devices and the car, converting instructions from the car’s controls e.g. BMW iDrive or Audi MMi rotary controller, into a language that your phone or iPod can understand and respond to. When connected into the car, Gateway 500 emulates a CD changer, but has a switch which allows you to swap between the Gateway and the changer.

I'd really hate to lose the CD changer functionality so if I have a guest in the car who has a CD there should be a way to listen to it. The above text talks about a switch that allows you to change between the CD changer and the gateway. Can this switch be accessed from the cabin and changed on the fly? I sure hope so... I want to retain the CD changer feature and be able to switch back and forth between the Ipod interface and CDs.

Oh and I just realized that I've completely hijacked this thread. Sorry! I could move it to a separate thread if that it makes a difference...
WEBSRFR,

There is a switch that I put in the glove compartment and it does allow you to turn the DENSION OFF but I am not sure if it does it on the fly since I never used it.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:45 PM

2003 E320
I want to get rid of these things so, here we go:

Factory Mercedes IPOD Adapter - $100 (Plus Shipping)

DENSION (model: DENSION Gateway 500 GW51MO2) - $250 (Plus Shipping)

Phone Cradle with Puck - $100 (Plus Shipping)

Carbon Fiber Bra - $25 (Plus Shipping)

Staggered Rims (sport package '08 e class) - $250 (Prefer local pick up)
Old 12-05-2010, 05:51 PM

2003 E320

Parts still available for sale.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 E350 4matic- winter edition
Parts still available for sale.
Still interested in the Dension, however, like the other user want to have the flexibility of switching to my CD changer on the fly..... \

Not too far from you would drive over for pickup and install.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Tesla Model S P100D
Originally Posted by adisco93
Still interested in the Dension, however, like the other user want to have the flexibility of switching to my CD changer on the fly..... \

I had the Dension 500 installed when I picked up the car and I think as long as the firmware is uptodate you can switch between CD changer and Ipod interface on the fly. It works really well and you will be happy. The one part that is a bit screwy is how you access the ipod menus from the Command interface but after you get used to it works well and I can see now why people say it works so much better than the factory ipod interface. The Dension allows your passenger to control the ipod interface which is a huge plus and also has an option that lets you use the ipod's own interface!

I worked with an installer who put the switch in a location that is hidden but still accessible. I am VERY pleased with the Dension 500 and can't imagine the car without it. Sound quality is great though I wish the HK system was better but that's another topic altogether!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:24 PM

2003 E320
Originally Posted by adisco93

adisco93,

Let me know if you want to come over this weekend and we can do the install and you can test it out, if you like how it works, then you can pay me ($250), if not, we put everything back the way it was.

Let me know.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:45 PM

2003 E320

Update:

DENSION - SOLD

Phone Cradle with Puck - SOLD
----------------------------------------

Staggered Rims (sport package '08 e-class) - $250 (Prefer local pick up)

Any takers?

If you buy the Factory Mercedes IPOD Adapter and the Bra, I will give you the rims for $200. I just want to get this stuff out of the garage (especially the rims).
Old 12-19-2010, 09:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 E320 CDI, '04 Sprinter 316 CDI
Can you email me a picture of what the rims look like and what size by chance?
Old 03-01-2011, 09:39 AM

2003 E320
Guys:

I am selling the house and moving to a rental with no garage to store things so, I do not want to pay monthly storage for these rims. If you are willing to come pick it up, I will give away:

- Factory Mercedes IPOD Adapter

- Carbon Fiber Bra

- Staggered Rims (sport package '08 e-class) - I have 6 of these rims. 4 Front and Two Rear. The Rear Tires need replacement. The Front still have some life in them.)

Come on guys, this is all FREE as long as you come pick it up.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:53 AM

97 Volvo 850, 05 E500
can you ship or local pic up only?
Old 03-01-2011, 11:10 AM

2003 E320
Originally Posted by SashaRussian
can you ship or local pic up only?
Prefer local Pick Up (for now), if there are no local takers, I will consider shipping.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLC 300 4Matic
Prefer local Pick Up (for now), if there are no local takers, I will consider shipping.
pm sent