E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

A night from hell feat. E500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 03:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E500 -03
A night from hell feat. E500

I decided to change my xenon bulbs tonight by myself and failed catastrophically.

The left side worked like a charm but the electrical connector on the right side just wouldn´t turn to "close" like it was suppose too.

After three hours of jiggling i finally got it in. The only way to get it in was upside down with the "Open/Close" facing down. Is this correct?

I also broke one of my bulbs so i have to get another one but the worst part is that lights won´t go on after i connect the battery back on. They are completely dead. The position lights and full beam is working though.

I have error codes for active headlights, leveling mechanism and the lights. I also found a disconnected cable in the headlights with a green wire. Should this be disconnected or did i somehow disconnect it?

Please help, i just feel like setting the car on fire and throwing my self of a bridge or something.
Old 11-19-2010, 04:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E500 -03
Ok, i figured out the disconnected cable is the power supply for the headlights but where does it connect?

According to this manual it unplugs automatically when you remove the ignition module. http://tech.bentleypublishers.com/se...%20removal.pdf
Old 11-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
the disconnected green wire connects to the square assembly that connects to the actual bulb. people get confused because when you twist the black assembly to remove the bulb the green wire automatically get disconnected so you think no wire has to be connected to the black square assembly.