E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Changing Washer bottle pump caused suspension problems!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 11:44 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
CLS500 M113
Changing Washer bottle pump caused suspension problems!

Hi all,
My windscreen washer pump failed, so, jacked up only the Front LEFT, removed the wheel and the wheel well liner to get to the pump, replaced and was back on the ground in about 30 minutes!

BUT, when I moved off, the Front RIGHT suspension has started creaking and moaning and generally making really "broken sounds"!!!!

Why in God's good name could this be? Have I broken something? Has something slipped??

I don't think I could spend anymore money, after Stealer just probverbially "raped" me for a new SBC pump and steering column.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Here in the USA, the SBC pump is covered by a 10 year warranty. Is that not so where you live?
Old 01-03-2011, 08:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
CLS500 M113
Hi Barry
That's a good question.
When I was aware that the red warning was here to stay, I started researching and had conversed with members who had replaced theirs.
I was even provided with the SB that stated the same.
However, when I eventually took the car to the dealers, they just dismissed it as something they have never heard of and they were sure it didn't apply to them.
I asked at least 3 different dealers, who basically said the sane thing.
What choice did I have, but it did seem odd that MB would stand behind an obvious glaring problem like this in certain markets but not in others.
I paid $1500 equivalent for the pump and $200 for the fitting.

Areez
Old 01-04-2011, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by ap10046
Hi Barry
That's a good question.
When I was aware that the red warning was here to stay, I started researching and had conversed with members who had replaced theirs.
I was even provided with the SB that stated the same.
However, when I eventually took the car to the dealers, they just dismissed it as something they have never heard of and they were sure it didn't apply to them.
I asked at least 3 different dealers, who basically said the sane thing.
What choice did I have, but it did seem odd that MB would stand behind an obvious glaring problem like this in certain markets but not in others.
I paid $1500 equivalent for the pump and $200 for the fitting.

Areez
Why would it seem odd. MB didn't even close in the top 10 for reliability in 2010. Might as well pretend the problem doesn't exist.

I have found the mfg of my 2003 excellent best I have ever seen unfortunately there are some cronic issues mb HAS ignored such as radiator leaking into transmission and SBC failures not to mention ball joints at 60,000 miles. So why would you be shocked if they ignored your issue?