E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Anybody heard of Double Din W211/G-Class W463/CLS W219 DVD Navigation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
We have tried the Dynavin and it does work if you want to do a lot of tinkering and customizing. It took one of our engineers nearly a week to sort out the bugs. We contracted with the same manufacturer of the Dynavin and had our own made to our specifications. The kit is MUCH MUCH more complete, and includes every plug and adapter needed. Some are even custom made, because they don't exist in the marketplace. This allows you to plug in the unit to all the existing wiring, INCLUDING, the factory Nav antenna (no need to run another), and radio antenna. It comes with ALL the software for NAV (the Dynavin has none) and is fully set up when you get it.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G Class
So the dynavin is a viable solutin?
Old 05-16-2011, 02:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Depends.... if you don't mind tinkering a lot, have a lot of programming and computer modification experience and can source several components and connectors and also have the ability to make some that are not available pre-made.... then it is. Also to consider is Dynavin has to be shipped back to Europe or China for warranty and has ZERO North American support. The Dynavin also has a much lower build quality than our COMAND PRO. The buttons and rotary controls are cheap feeling and do not appear they would last all that long. Bottom line is that the Dynavin is cheaper.... but the same old saying still applies - "you get what you pay for"

OR - just buy our COMAND PRO and all the features of the Dynavin and several more, much higher build quality, complete software setup, ALL necessary plugs and cables. All complete, just plug and go. Domestic North American support and warranty.

Last edited by Cartronics; 05-16-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E55, 2007 GL450
Originally Posted by Cartronics
We have a video scheduled for late next week!
Is that video ready?

Thanks!
Old 05-17-2011, 10:38 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Yes, they are doing the edits now and a few shots did not come out well and need to reshoot a couple of spots. However, I think we are going to release a preliminary video this week and then the better one in about a week.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts
2010 c300
Yes, they are doing the edits now and a few shots did not come out well and need to reshoot a couple of spots. However, I think we are going to release a preliminary video this week and then the better one in about a week.
Is your hardware different than Dynavins? I was on your website and saw a unit for an E-class which looks identical to the Dynavin units. It also looks to have the older v4 UI that Dynavin had on their previous model.

Your unit image for E-class. Looks like the Dynavin units with older v4 UI.
http://www.cartronics.com/images/COMAND3.png
http://www.cartronics.com/images/COMAND2.png

Dynavin unit for E-class with latest v5 UI
http://www.dynavin.com/products/prod...v_mbe_most.php

Dynavins v4 old UI unit for C-class. Same UI as your units
https://mbworld.org/forums/4332426-post104.html
Old 05-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

see:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ml#post4698021
Old 06-01-2011, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS550 4Matic, C43, E350, ML350
you can just buy my euro comand unit
Old 11-16-2011, 02:47 AM

E-Class S211
Hi everybody!

The Comand NTG1-Unit in my S211 is quite disappointing in may ways compared to the old Becker Traffic Pro 4720 (don't know under which brand or product name this unit had been sold in the U.S.) that I once had in my W210.
I've been looking for a replacement unit since I accidentaly became aware of the existence of such units. Does the cartronic unit support the following features:

- _really_ simple plug-and-play replacement?
- dual-tuner?
- support of original CDC? (cartronics.com says yes, but in another post here I found a no)
- Video in Motion? (my NTG1 does that and my wife loves it on our long trips)
- does the tuner keep a list of the strongest stations in range and dynamically apply these to some keys on the display? The old Becker 4720 did and I loved that!

I am looking for images of the UI and a detailed description of the features and how to operate them. Would you please provide me with a user's manual or anything else to satisfy my needs?

Dynavin just recently announced updated units and a new UI, but information I could gather about these units did not make me happy.

Kind regards from Austria
Ruediger
Old 11-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Banned

Received 116 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by Granada
Hi everybody!

The Comand NTG1-Unit in my S211 is quite disappointing in may ways compared to the old Becker Traffic Pro 4720 (don't know under which brand or product name this unit had been sold in the U.S.) that I once had in my W210.
I've been looking for a replacement unit since I accidentaly became aware of the existence of such units. Does the cartronic unit support the following features:

- dual-tuner?
- support of original CDC? (cartronics.com says yes, but in another post here I found a no)
- does the tuner keep a list of the strongest stations in range and dynamically apply these to some keys on the display? The old Becker 4720 did and I loved that!

I am looking for images of the UI and a detailed description of the features and how to operate them. Would you please provide me with a user's manual or anything else to satisfy my needs?

Dynavin just recently announced updated units and a new UI, but information I could gather about these units did not make me happy.

Kind regards from Austria
Ruediger
Hello Ruediger,

same crap here in the US as in Germany. Listen to the guys on Motor-Talk who bought this crappy radio and don't like it for the given facts posted there.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:40 AM

E-Class S211
Hi Machack!

Originally Posted by Mackhack
Hello Ruediger,

same crap here in the US as in Germany. Listen to the guys on Motor-Talk who bought this crappy radio and don't like it for the given facts posted there.
I am a quite active member of the motor-talk.de-community and it looks like we Germans do favour the Dynavin unit. So if the cartronics unit is the same crap when it comes to the functions I requested, I'll keep waiting ... hope to seeing some real news (i.e. facts) about the new Dynavin D99 unit.

Regards
Ruediger
Old 11-16-2011, 09:46 AM
Banned

Hi Machack!

I am a quite active member of the motor-talk.de-community and it looks like we Germans do favour the Dynavin unit. So if the cartronics unit is the same crap when it comes to the functions I requested, I'll keep waiting ... hope to seeing some real news (i.e. facts) about the new Dynavin D99 unit.

Regards
Ruediger
So am I (about MT). Good luck to you on both sides of the big pond in finding what you're seeking for
Old 11-16-2011, 12:20 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

- dual-tuner?
1. Yes, simple plug and play
2. What do you mean by dual tuner, not familiar with this term.
3. NO, it does not support the CDC. If someone from our company said that somewhere, it is wrong. I was the original engineer on the project and we elected not to include CDC in favor of some other functions. There is not enough address space to do all of them.
4. Yes
5. It will auto seek the strongest stations.

I will be the very first to "place" this radio. I spend more time trying to talk people out of our COMAND PRO, than actually selling it. Why??? I realize you are in Austria, but most of our clients are North American. With that fact in mind, most W211 in North America have COMAND already installed. It is my opinion, even though I specced our COMAND PRO, that it is FAR better to add any missing function to the factory COMAND than replace with COMAND PRO. The COMAND PRO is for cars that have Audio20 or Audio50... then and only then is it a really good option in my opinion.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:26 PM

E-Class S211
1. Yes, simple plug and play
2. What do you mean by dual tuner, not familiar with this term.
3. NO, it does not support the CDC. If someone from our company said that somewhere, it is wrong. I was the original engineer on the project and we elected not to include CDC in favor of some other functions. There is not enough address space to do all of them.
4. Yes
5. It will auto seek the strongest stations.

I will be the very first to "place" this radio. I spend more time trying to talk people out of our COMAND PRO, than actually selling it. Why??? I realize you are in Austria, but most of our clients are North American. With that fact in mind, most W211 in North America have COMAND already installed. It is my opinion, even though I specced our COMAND PRO, that it is FAR better to add any missing function to the factory COMAND than replace with COMAND PRO. The COMAND PRO is for cars that have Audio20 or Audio50... then and only then is it a really good option in my opinion.
2. The Audio Gateway (AGW) of the NTG1 features a second radio tuner that works in background to keep track of the radio stations in reach and to flawlessly switch between two frequencies of the same station.
3. That's quite sad. Not that I would use the CDC quite often, but I like to have every feature of my car to be in full operational state.
5. Comand also auto-seeks the strongest stations. But it only allows to scroll through the stations up or down not knowing what station will be next. The "old" Becker Traffic Pro did show a dynamic list of the strongest stations in reach and assigned the first six of them (more by hitting a kind of "next page"-button) dynamically to the keys on the bottom of the display. I loved this feature very much and I miss it the most with the Comand.

It looked like this:

The Comand features assignable keys to the left and right of the screen! Why the hell didn't they use them properly?

It's easy to explain why you spend more time talking to people than actually selling items: provide the user with more information on your units on your homepage. Simple as that.
I'd love to see more pictures of the UI. Pictures showing what the unit is capable of. Or just put the instruction manual on your homepage for download as .pdf. Or finalize the promised video.
I would happily spend USD 2000,- if I could find a replacement for my Comand NTG1 without the many flaws it has.

Regards
Ruediger
Old 10-16-2013, 09:46 AM

2007 G55
Garbage!!!

Don't waste you time with this absolute garbage, the screen went out on my 2008 g55 and as I was looking for the replacement internal sharp screen I stumbled on this unit supposedly for a g class which I thought was weird they also said it fits a E-class and I know for sure that unit is shaped a little different so I emailed some ebay seller from china I asked him some questions and he said its a direct fit. After waiting forever for it to arrive I had the unit installed and it does NOT fit correct it's too curved on the top and bottom too wide on the top corners and too narrow on the bottom corners and there is no way to fasten the unit bursar it wasn't made for a g-class the only thing holding it in is the pressure from being squeezed from the top. On top of all these fitment a problems navi does not Work it thinks I'm in Brazil (and yes GPS antenna is in correctly) over all horrible unit don't waste your money on this one and ebay is flooded with sellers saying it works for a G class
Old 10-16-2013, 11:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 e320 sport
Note: this link is for the E/CLS version only http://cartronics.com/MBMost.html?MBClass=E&VIM=1

The base link to choose the proper vehicle is at http://cartronics.com/MBcompatibility.html
links are broken/not working
Old 10-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Banned

Ruediger,

2. The Audio Gateway (AGW) of the NTG1 features a second radio tuner that works in background to keep track of the radio stations in reach and to flawlessly switch between two frequencies of the same station.
only ECE AGWs have dual tuners built in. Our US spec AGWs DON'T have this feature.

5. Comand also auto-seeks the strongest stations. But it only allows to scroll through the stations up or down not knowing what station will be next. The "old" Becker Traffic Pro did show a dynamic list of the strongest stations in reach and assigned the first six of them (more by hitting a kind of "next page"-button) dynamically to the keys on the bottom of the display. I loved this feature very much and I miss it the most with the Comand.
Wrong. It doesn't not change to stronger stations, because of #2. No second tuner to scan frequencies in the background -> no changing stations in the background. Only with ECE spec AGW possible.

Last edited by Mackhack; 10-16-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:17 AM

mercdes 350CLS
avez vous trouvé un CANBUS des commandes au volant, qui fonctionne