C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Aftermarket GPS unit, input please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
like this for example, is this what you wanted? we just finished this pontiac with this pioneer avh-4300. we put the same one in jerken's w203 coupe.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 c230 kompressor
I don't think that looks too bad
Old 05-22-2011, 02:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts
2010 c300
Hey guys. Havent been here in a long while and was looking for command unit for my car and stumbled on this thread. So anyone with this unit still have theirs working? Does it support 32gb sd cards? Has anyone also purchased the other chinese brand below? It look a little better cosmetic wise and supports 32gb sd. The only issue is it can only be purchased from china. Any input is appreciated.

http://www.cnbuynet.com/20042007-ben...io-p-1753.html

Edit. The Dynavin supports 32gb as well. But it does require external mic while the above has a built in one.

Last edited by aznmode; 05-22-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...a panty dropper...
@ aznmode.... I am positive I have seen these on Ebay before. Have you checked there and see if they ship from China as well? I think its a good purchase but I am curious what needs to be done to allow DVDs and such to be watched while in motion. Anyone know?
Old 05-22-2011, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
That's where I've seen them originally but for $999 shipping also from China. The site I posted has them for about $698. Ill keep searching if I can find a dealer in U.S. I'm sure that's the model I wanna go with.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
I can't seem to find a dealer locally for the other brand so I'm just going to go with the Dynavin from ottonavi.com. I was told it would not work with fiber optic systems but isn't the Harmon Kardon fiber? But Philly has installed it on his Harmon Kardon system just fine. Is there a non-fiber optic HK system?
Old 05-23-2011, 10:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2005 C230K, 2016 Honda CR-V, '74 Lotus Europa
I've been looking for a GPS, Bluetooth, stereo that ideally would connect to my CD changer. The Dynavin looks really interesting, except that it doesn't work with the CD changer.

I found this one: http://www.topcardvd.com/benz-c-clas...h-can-bus.html

Does anybody know anything about it?
Old 05-23-2011, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Originally Posted by ncmudbug
I've been looking for a GPS, Bluetooth, stereo that ideally would connect to my CD changer. The Dynavin looks really interesting, except that it doesn't work with the CD changer.

I found this one: http://www.topcardvd.com/benz-c-clas...h-can-bus.html

Does anybody know anything about it?
That's the one I posted 4 post before. I think its a nicer looking unit but only available direct from China. The cnbuynet price is 698 with 80 shipping.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
I've inquired this company about the other GPS unit from China (not dynavin). Supposedly this one works with CDC but still not 100%.
http://www.cars-electronics.com/70-i...map_p1331.html

1. Is this really windows CE 6.0? I read on other sites that this is windows 5.0
>> Our model is with windows CE6.0 system, not 5.0.

2. How long will it take to ship to U.S.?
>> If you choose to ship by DHL, the shipping cost to USA is US$84.14, it usually takes about 3 days to arrive in USA, and if you choose to ship by EMS, the shipping cost is US$79.30, and the shipping time is about 5 days.

3. Does it have rear camera option?
>> If you need rear view camera too, you may find one via this link: http://www.cars-electronics.com/Chea...w-cameras_c869

4. What map is included (igo8)?
>> Yes, we can send you GPS maps of igo 8 for free with a 2GB SD card. If there's a update for the maps, we will send you a link for you to download the update.

5. Is this manufactured by Dynavin?
>> This product is not manufactured by Dynavin, Our model is direct from factory.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm a little wary of ordering direct from China. I would imagine that if it didn't work or work right you'd have a hell of a time getting service or a refund. I did a search on one company advertising on alibaba and they had tons of complaints. I didn't see anything bad about topcardvd, though.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Originally Posted by ncmudbug
I'm a little wary of ordering direct from China. I would imagine that if it didn't work or work right you'd have a hell of a time getting service or a refund. I did a search on one company advertising on alibaba and they had tons of complaints. I didn't see anything bad about topcardvd, though.
I do agree with you about ordering anything from china although I have had some good luck with some dealers (non benz related) from there. What I look for usually is if they use Paypal so I have some type of protection.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Originally Posted by Nivek83
Hello, I been reading these post for awhile and just now signing up . I like to thank Philly c230k for his post and pictures of the unit. They were real user pics that I was looking for before I would commit to buy one of these units. I like to post some of my own pics of this unit installed in my car. I have the V5 Dynavin which has the newer UI. It is truly plug n play for the Audio 20 system. I was a little nervous ripping my car apart the first time. It is a little tricky getting everything to fit. but aftering taking it apart 3 times (forgeting to connect the antenna) and adding a reversing camera yesterday. It's pretty easy now. I recommend a high quality torx driver #15 and a modified #20 (if you end up stripping a bolt head) for the DIY's. If anyone needs some help or info feel free to bug me .
Did you also buy yours from CarAudioCraze?
Old 05-24-2011, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
I have found a local reseller in California for Dynavin who can order these units directly from Dynavin if anyone is really interested. He sells mostly BMW units and is a member of e46fanatics.com.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=775187
If there is enough of us here interested please email him so he knows it's worth while for him to order these units. Pricing still TBA since it isn't something he normally sells. He is based off Fresno, CA which is about 3 hours from where I live (San Jose). Great guy to talk to and very informative. Let me know if there is anything you would like me to ask or feel free to contact him via email or phone.

Jeff Bechtel
Dynavin Solutions
J&T Distributing
2385 S. Sarah
Fresno CA 93706

(559) 486-4041
jtdist@sbcglobal.net

Their Mercedes unit site
http://jandtdistributing.com/dynavin...d-accessories/

Last edited by aznmode; 05-24-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Sorry for my multiple post guys but here is some info on the new v5 version.

1: RDS can save the radio station name instead of frequency
2: People can watch and operate navigation software while on the phone calling
3: Navigation sound can come out from the front speaker while music comes out from the rear speaker under the navigation makes sound command
4: Can be compatiable with MEPG-4 dual channel DVB-T box or American ATSC digital TV, the speedperhour can be 250km / hour
5: Can adjust the screen brightness and contrast from the Main Menu directly
Old 05-26-2011, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by aznmode
I've inquired this company about the other GPS unit from China (not dynavin). Supposedly this one works with CDC but still not 100%.
http://www.cars-electronics.com/70-i...map_p1331.html

1. Is this really windows CE 6.0? I read on other sites that this is windows 5.0
>> Our model is with windows CE6.0 system, not 5.0.

2. How long will it take to ship to U.S.?
>> If you choose to ship by DHL, the shipping cost to USA is US$84.14, it usually takes about 3 days to arrive in USA, and if you choose to ship by EMS, the shipping cost is US$79.30, and the shipping time is about 5 days.

3. Does it have rear camera option?
>> If you need rear view camera too, you may find one via this link: http://www.cars-electronics.com/Chea...w-cameras_c869

4. What map is included (igo8)?
>> Yes, we can send you GPS maps of igo 8 for free with a 2GB SD card. If there's a update for the maps, we will send you a link for you to download the update.

5. Is this manufactured by Dynavin?
>> This product is not manufactured by Dynavin, Our model is direct from factory.
Does anybody know anybody with any experience with this unit? It's less expensive than the Dynavin and supports CDC which would be nice (I guess I'm old fashioned ).
Old 05-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
None of them support CDC.. AT ALL. We have tested the Chinese and Dynavin units and reviewed them elsewhere in the forum. Bottom line - JUNK. The Dynavin is not much better - as it needs TONS of tinkering and programming and downloading of pirated software, as well as several adapters sourced or duplicate antennas installed to get things to function, and the controls are flimsy.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
Originally Posted by Cartronics
None of them support CDC.. AT ALL. We have tested the Chinese and Dynavin units and reviewed them elsewhere in the forum. Bottom line - JUNK. The Dynavin is not much better - as it needs TONS of tinkering and programming and downloading of pirated software, as well as several adapters sourced or duplicate antennas installed to get things to function, and the controls are flimsy.
Could you tell me the difference with your units that cost $1999 vs Dynavin units? Looking at your images on your web you have pictured an E-class unit which looks exactly the same as Dynavin units.

Your unit image for E-class. Looks like the Dynavin units with older v4 UI.
http://www.cartronics.com/images/COMAND3.png
http://www.cartronics.com/images/COMAND2.png

Dynavin unit for E-class with latest v5 UI
http://www.dynavin.com/products/prod...v_mbe_most.php

Dynavins v4 old UI unit for C-class. Same UI as your units
https://mbworld.org/forums/4332426-post104.html

Last edited by aznmode; 05-31-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:01 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We do need to update our photos, as they are pre-production photos, and will be uploading videos and new pictures with our next batch due in within about a week... on to your question.
Both the Dynavin and ours run an embedded version of Windows CE. They both run iGo nav software (as almost all embedded systems do). Of course they look very similar because they are designed to look like the factory units and fit perfectly in the same spot. The big difference is the build of the unit. We found the Dynavin to be pretty cheesy build and the units we are having made are very similar to MB Siemens/Harman build quality. For example the buttons and rotary knobs are VERY flimsy on the Dynavin and won't last too long in the temp extremes of the auto environment and driver requirements. The Dynavin DOES NOT come with ANY software on it. You can not even buy it from them. You have to pirate it and do all kinds of crazy stuff to get it to work in the US. The Dynavin requires all new antenna for FM, GPS, AM, etc. Ours uses all the factory installed antenna. The Dynavin has zero US warranty. You have to ship it back overseas. The support we got on our test units was almost non-existant and only available via email (no phone). The rotary knob on our first unit failed after about 2 weeks of testing. The 3 key on the second unit failed after about 2 months (we are the expeditors for over half of the MB dealerships in the US and Canada and are required to test everything extensively before offering for sale to maintain our reputation and contract requirements). It is also a single operating system unit and is quite slow. COMAND PRO is running Windows CE for the Nav function and an embedded system simultaneously for base functions so it operates much closer to the MB speed between function changes.
Bottom line is, the Dynavin will work if you don't mind a low quality unit, and don't mind dealing with an overseas company for shipping stuff back and forth. You also need to be pretty savvy with software and such to get things working. You don't mind installing all kinds of extra stuff in your car for no particular reason either. It is kind of a cheap tinkerers device for people that like to tinker and fool around with it.
The COMAND PRO is more in line with Mercedes standards and for people that expect it to "just work" with no fuss. The dealers and clients expect our items to be of high quality and to be able to reach us when they need help and no fooling around with any warranty issues.
I am not saying we are perfect, things do happen, but mistakes are kept at a minimum and quality is our most important goal - not low prices. You get what you pay for - no magic bullet there.
Analogy - You can buy a Scion and have a car. It is basic. It goes down the road. But the experience is the experience of a Scion. The knobs, pulls, materials are in line with the price. Fairly low end. A Mercedes Benz is in a whole different league. It is still a car, it still goes down the road, but the experience is one of higher quality and solid build. The materials are MUCH better with lots of leather, wood, thicker materials, quieter cabin. The operation is more pleasing - the reason you bought a Mercedes in the first place. The Scion is less expensive, the Mercedes is much more. Why put Scion parts in your Mercedes? Why put cheap stuff in a fine car. It cheapens the marque and lessens your experience for the reason you bought in the first place.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
Originally Posted by Cartronics
We do need to update our photos, as they are pre-production photos, and will be uploading videos and new pictures with our next batch due in within about a week... on to your question.
Both the Dynavin and ours run an embedded version of Windows CE. They both run iGo nav software (as almost all embedded systems do). Of course they look very similar because they are designed to look like the factory units and fit perfectly in the same spot. The big difference is the build of the unit. We found the Dynavin to be pretty cheesy build and the units we are having made are very similar to MB Siemens/Harman build quality. For example the buttons and rotary knobs are VERY flimsy on the Dynavin and won't last too long in the temp extremes of the auto environment and driver requirements. The Dynavin DOES NOT come with ANY software on it. You can not even buy it from them. You have to pirate it and do all kinds of crazy stuff to get it to work in the US. The Dynavin requires all new antenna for FM, GPS, AM, etc. Ours uses all the factory installed antenna. The Dynavin has zero US warranty. You have to ship it back overseas. The support we got on our test units was almost non-existant and only available via email (no phone). The rotary knob on our first unit failed after about 2 weeks of testing. The 3 key on the second unit failed after about 2 months (we are the expeditors for over half of the MB dealerships in the US and Canada and are required to test everything extensively before offering for sale to maintain our reputation and contract requirements). It is also a single operating system unit and is quite slow. COMAND PRO is running Windows CE for the Nav function and an embedded system simultaneously for base functions so it operates much closer to the MB speed between function changes.
Bottom line is, the Dynavin will work if you don't mind a low quality unit, and don't mind dealing with an overseas company for shipping stuff back and forth. You also need to be pretty savvy with software and such to get things working. You don't mind installing all kinds of extra stuff in your car for no particular reason either. It is kind of a cheap tinkerers device for people that like to tinker and fool around with it.
The COMAND PRO is more in line with Mercedes standards and for people that expect it to "just work" with no fuss. The dealers and clients expect our items to be of high quality and to be able to reach us when they need help and no fooling around with any warranty issues.
I am not saying we are perfect, things do happen, but mistakes are kept at a minimum and quality is our most important goal - not low prices. You get what you pay for - no magic bullet there.
Analogy - You can buy a Scion and have a car. It is basic. It goes down the road. But the experience is the experience of a Scion. The knobs, pulls, materials are in line with the price. Fairly low end. A Mercedes Benz is in a whole different league. It is still a car, it still goes down the road, but the experience is one of higher quality and solid build. The materials are MUCH better with lots of leather, wood, thicker materials, quieter cabin. The operation is more pleasing - the reason you bought a Mercedes in the first place. The Scion is less expensive, the Mercedes is much more. Why put Scion parts in your Mercedes? Why put cheap stuff in a fine car. It cheapens the marque and lessens your experience for the reason you bought in the first place.
So here's the bottom line:

You tested out one unit that failed and use this as justification to sell your unit (Also some chinese product) at more than twice the price of the Dynavin unit.

I will say no more.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We have tested TWO Dynavin and one Chinese (ours is not Chinese). The Chinese is still operating, but keeps flipping out of English into Mandarin on the unit for some reason. Both Dynavin failed. That is an unacceptable failure rate for our clients and dealers.

The COMAND PRO is not made in China. We are having the boards made in Europe, the metal frame comes from Taiwan, the plastics come from the US and the assembly is done in Georgia.

I am not sure why you are so upset about our COMAND PRO. You don't have to buy it. You obviously have never seen one in person, and are making statements about something you have no experience with. If you want a Dynavin, buy one. You just get what you pay for.
However, we have hundreds of dealers and thousands of clients rely on us for quality items. We really WANTED to offer the Dynavin. We really did not want to make our own unit, as our production capacities were almost at max already with other items we make. We have tried to be cautious in this economy to remain strong. The Dynavin could have filled the bill for the requests we have been getting for the past year from customers and dealers. Bottom line is the Dynavin did not cut it for our standards. So we waited until the demand started peaking to begin production and we licensed the software to get it done as quickly as possible.

I just looked at the pictures you asked about. Those are the pre-production images that iGo made for us, and obviously supplied them to Dynavin too. Notice the French streets shown, as iGo is based in Europe. We will be replacing our pictures soon with more relevant ones within a week or so. We have not been able to keep units in long enough to schedule a photo shoot as they have all been spoken for before we can get them done (just released Jan 15th this year). Our production is almost keeping up with demand now though, so we scheduled a demo unit just for our trade shows and photo shoots. We did get a video done, but need to get some additional footage before we publish it.

Again, you are free to buy whatever you want. But as sponsors of this forum and the contracted expeditors for over half of the MB dealers in North America, we are required to extensively test and review all products offered. Our reputation depends on it. You can always find something cheaper, but we all know that when price goes down, SOMETHING is lost. Maybe speed, quality, warranty, features or maybe all of the above. It is just a fact of economics. You can not build a Mercedes for a Scion price. Can't be done. If you want a Dynavin, purchase one. But if you want to offer an opinion on the COMAND PRO vs Dynavin, please purchase both and test it for yourself.
I hope you are not offended, but people can make all kinds of statements, and we get them frequently from competitors (or people that are friends of competitors). We just try to set the record straight. Of course, we are in business, and are biased towards our own products. However, you will also find that we frequently recommend products we don't sell, or sometimes competitors items that may be more suited for certain applications. We don't pretend to have a shoe that fits every foot. We try to be fair, extremely knowledgable, and simply helpful. That attitude has helped us grow to who we are today. If you don't like that for some reason, there is always somewhere else you can go for business.

Last edited by Cartronics; 05-31-2011 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Interesting pictures, aznmode!

I don't know any more about any of these units than what I've read here and the sites where they are sold. The one you provided a link to (http://www.cars-electronics.com/70-i...map_p1331.html) at one place says CDC support is under development and CDC support is listed as a feature... I'm not sure what I'm supposed to think about this...

The Cartronics model for the E class looks A LOT like the Dynavin for the E class. Much more alike than required for the same form factor. After all, there are a few different units for the C class and they don't look that much alike. After their commentary, I'm not sure I like the way that discussion is going. Their unit for the W203 looks A LOT like their unit for the E class. I have no experience with E class cars, but I suspect that the radios are not interchangeable. This could just be sloppy website construction. I'm interested in seeing their updated photos.

In the end, I'm aware of only one person who has tried any of these units - Philly-C230 - who has the Dynavin. He seemed to be pretty happy with his unit when I PMed him a week or so ago. He posted that installation was a snap (I did not ask him about antennas, but I figure he would have mentioned that if the stock one was a problem). Of course, he had not had it for a year yet so he can't have a long term assessment, but maybe if he sees this, he can comment on the quality of the buttons, etc. that do not require lengthy ownership to assess. It might be nice if he could give his experience vis a vis Cartronic's assessment.

I look forward to new information for Cartronics, but I have to say at almost $2k, that is a pretty high hill for me to climb.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

ncmudbug: thank you for your fair post. The COMAND PRO is nearly 2k (however we do hope to keep lowering the price over time (it was $2400)). However, it is in line with the finer Pioneer and Alpine units with all the same features. Which, again turns out to be another great analogy. There is another stereo that I can't name at the moment for political reasons, that has all the features of a high end Alpine unit (they copied it pretty close), however, in 12V Magazine (a rag for our industry) - they are having a failure rate of almost 35%!!!!! It sells for a lot less than the Alpine, but fails all the time. Again, you get what you pay for. Many of these companies jump in and produce car audio items, but they never weatherometer test them to simulate the environment of a car (pretty harsh). They build them, run them on a bench and sell them. Then they all start failing.
One of our earlier competitors went out of business for this very reason. They made a competing product to one of ours, but sold it cheap. Over 75% of them failed in the first year and MB dealers class action sued the pants off them. They are gone now.

We would welcome a side by side test, and maybe we can get one of the dealers to do one. Night and day.

BTW, the Dynavin DOES NOT use the factory antennas. It can't. The MB antennas are powered AND amplified. The Dynavin does not support this at all. We also talked to them about the post on the site about CDC support, and they said it has been removed from the table for now. We don't offer it on the COMAND PRO, because in our industry a CDC is kind of an antique now. Mass storage devices have made them obsolete. It would have required higher license fees to MB, and generally not worth it.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks Cartronics,

Hopefully, you'll be able to lower the price. The only reason I'm interested in CDC support is I'm so old-fashioned that I don't own an iPod (ok, there, I've said it), and I wonder if it would be a pain to select songs from hundreds rather than just listening to discs... I am probably worrying for nothing.

Anyway, I appreciate your support of the forum and I look forward to your new pictures (and prices!).
Old 05-31-2011, 11:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 c300
I've emailed Jeff (he is not my friend) from e46fanatic who is a reseller for Dynavin units in the U.S. He has sold hundreds of units and is located in Fresno CA. He also mentioned that Dynavin units come with antenna adapters for the OEM antennas and also the ones he sells comes with Nav software licensed by Sygic per Dynavin. He also provides warranty for his units. If cartronics units are better users will be the judge of that but what I dont understand is some of the false statements Cartronics have claimed about the Dynavin units. I am still up in the air which unit I want to get but as a consumer I dont like to be misled.

Last edited by aznmode; 05-31-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:24 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

We certainly have not made any false statements. The units shipped to us by Dynavin did not come with any adapters for factory antenna, and in fact would not power the factory antenna amps and all the plugs were different, so we had to fabricate all our own. Our units came straight from Dynavin, and came two different times (E Class and an ML Class we tested later) It is our OPINION, and in our real world testing that they are not very good quality. AGAIN, we would LOVE to sell them if we could, but they just did not hold up. It would make our life a whole lot easier, that some company could take 1st rate quality materials and sell them for an impossible price. A great example is our LCD touch panel by itself costs over $362. JUST the panel! But it is a highly responsive panel that works in wide temp variances. That is more than 80% of what the Dynavin was offered to us for. Not sure how they can make a GOOD unit for the remaining 20%, with all the circuitry, DVD drive, connectors, etc involved. We were hopeful for the impossible, but of course it is impossible.
ALSO, the emails back and forth to Dynavin, they told us that they can not provide software, and that we would need to do that ourselves (by giving us pirate links). Anyone that would like proof of this correspondence, we would be happy to provide to anyone that send us an email. ALSO, we have pictures of the Dynavins we still have for testing, and it is OBVIOUS to see that the antenna are completely different, and we have over an hour of video of testing that we would be happy to provide anyone that asks via our regular email.

It would be wise to actually be able to back up your statements, as contractually we HAVE TO document all tests and video all tests as well. We have an email as recent as 42 days ago that states from Dynavin (written by a Dynavin employee, again provable) that they have only shipped 8 Mercedes units to the United States other than our test units. So hundreds of Mercedes units is not possible. Again, all documented. Sorry, but we do not take kindly to being accused of false statements, as we keep, and catalog every email, test procedure and video from the last 6 years since the MB contracts started.
E46FANATIC is a BMW related person. We have seen posts elsewhere as we make a BMW product. We respect their opinion, but the Mercedes Dynavin is NOT a BMW Dynavin. Even the Dynavin forums show that.
Since you think you are mislead, please call us tomorrow during normal business hours and we will be happy to forward you as much proof and documentation you need, including videos, emails from Dynavin sales and engineering, and test results. THEN you will know where the truth lies.
Sorry, but I have to call you to the mat on this one. I am not trying to be rude, but I spend 60 hours a week testing items like this and many others. I take my work very serious, and have over 30 years of doing this work. I have designed many products, and I really do know what works. I am not a salesperson, and make zero commission. If you buy everything from our company, or nothing from our company, it makes no difference to me. But the MB dealerships that have the "performance division" that depend on us for test results and opinions do make a difference. My job depends on if I recommend a product that fails to perform for an installer or dealer and they start getting a lot of callbacks, that does come out of my pocket and could potentially lose hundreds of thousands of dollars.

A great example is a product we are required to carry, but I discourage people from buying is the Viseeo MB3. I have tested it, and it is NOT ready for prime time. That is a product we have to carry by contract, but I do NOT recommend and WILL NOT sell to any MB dealership or installer.

678-528-3443
Scott Cooper
VP Product Development

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket GPS unit, input please.