E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

'03 W211 NAV (COMAND II) Fiasco: Who got what?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 02:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
Dealer is Southbay - Torrance. They have been very difficult and noncommunicative about the whole thing. Very disappointing.

Last edited by MBinSCA; 06-04-2003 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:33 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 E Class
Angry 2003 E with Nav

OK, Well after reading what each of you have been going through, here's my story.

I have one of these cars. I have not received ANY correspondence from MB or the dealer regarding this. I sent my dealer a letter explaining why I felt I was entitled to a 2004. He spoke with the local area rep and they denied my request.

I have now sent a letter to the head of customer service in NJ. I will post if I have any luck.

I am going to be really pissed off of they have ordered me a car without giving me the chance to change anything. I will not take a replacement that way. I would rather get an arbitrator or judge involved to see if we have any recourse. I feel their offer is not suitable and I want some definitive answers from somebody before I make a decision.

I am getting real tired of this. By the time I get a replacement almost a year will have passed since I got the car. A small discount up front is not enough compensation. We need to band together here and fight this. Please post to this thread if you have one of these cars and are not happy with the offer. If enough people post, I will make sure we get the attention we deserve. I want them to know that we will not accept this offer and want more.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:44 PM

2003 E320
I am definitely among the dissatisfied. My dealer ordered my car without any communication with me at all. I contacted them 7 times over a 90 day period inquiring about the situation. During my last call I was told that my car had been ordered on my behalf almost 30 days ago. As such there was no opportunity to make changes. They faxed me the NetStar order which confirmed this.

They now deny knowledge of any letter or options that may have been contained within. I don't get it.
Old 06-09-2003, 02:00 PM
drb

03 E320, sport package, moon roof, sound upgrade, brilliant silver, charcoal leather, heated seats..
My replacement arrives next week. The dealership allowed me to make changes.

The compensation for the delay seems to be:
1. the original $500 discount
2. a new 03 that wipes out the accumulated miles, wear and tear of the existing 03.
3. the option to redo the order

Another poster asked for and was denied the 04. I will have waited 6.5 months (2 months longer than originally promised), and the compensation above seems fair to me, even though the new car is worth less now than last fall.

MBUSA appears to have provided a uniform solution and allowed the dealerships to determine how to improve satisfaction of the customers in this fiasco. I'd guess your issue is likely to be resolved by your dealership, if willing.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:05 PM
mco

ML430, E500
drb,

Please post details about the navigation system when you pick your car up.

Thanks
Old 06-09-2003, 06:40 PM
drb

03 E320, sport package, moon roof, sound upgrade, brilliant silver, charcoal leather, heated seats..
Originally posted by mco
drb,

Please post details about the navigation system when you pick your car up.

Thanks
I will be posting. I may have an exclusive USA release on my hands.
Old 06-09-2003, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Originally posted by drb
I will be posting. I may have an exclusive USA release on my hands.
You will be the only source any of us have on the system. It seems impossible that MBUSA has not released anything on the system..no description, no picture, no specs. We have no idea what we are getting...hope there is not a reason why they are not telling us anything

drb will be the MAN. Doesn't sound like anyone else is due to get a car with Nav anytime soon.

Ed
Old 06-17-2003, 11:30 PM

drb

Any word on that replacement car you were supposed to get this week?

Keep us posted. I haven't been around in a while, but I am anxious to see what turns up.
Old 06-18-2003, 08:29 AM
drb

Re: drb

Originally posted by monakh
Any word on that replacement car you were supposed to get this week?

Keep us posted. I haven't been around in a while, but I am anxious to see what turns up.
The car is in the port awaiting customs clearance. My butt in the seat date is probably 25 June.
Old 06-18-2003, 10:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Re: Re: drb

Originally posted by drb
The car is in the port awaiting customs clearance. My butt in the seat date is probably 25 June.
Usually you are the only person who is really interested or anxious about your new car. You have a whole bunch of people waiting for yours

Ed