E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Bluetooth Puck/Phone question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 09:18 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 ML350 4Matic
Bluetooth Puck/Phone question

My wife and I just picked up a 2008 E350 4Matic.

When we pair her Samsung phone, it connects and works - but only for 40 seconds.

We we pair my iPhone, it works just fine.

I'm guessing that this is a phone issue and would love to know WHY this happens before we just run off and try again with a new phone... What characteristic does the new phone need to have that this one doesn't?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by thunderbirl; 04-30-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350,2003 bmw e39 540ia, 2002 F150
Im not a 100% on this, but Motorola phones seem to pair the easiest
with MB systems. My wifes Moto synced easy and loaded phone book
automatically. My casio calls and receives but nothing else no display of
whos calling, phonebook etc...I have tried other Motos and they always
pair, just an observation. Good Luck Ken
Old 05-02-2011, 09:16 PM

08 E550
My wife's IPhone (older 3GS) does not work with the puck, but my Samsung Captivate works perfectly. There are different versions of the puck and I'm pretty sure if you google it you'll find a compatibility listing for the puck version you have.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:35 AM

E350
Which version puck do you have? I have the Verizon iPhone 4 and that syncs fine. I have never tired my wife's BB as she hardly drives the MB.

BTW, I'm in Fairport!

Vince

Last edited by vinceleo; 05-03-2011 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hers E350 / his E55
it may also be because your settings on the phone is wrong you need to make sure that it automatically find and pairs with the MB bluetooth. I had similar issues which was fixed once I changed the settings, what happens sometimes if the phone idles and nothing happens it "pauses the phone" and then it looses the connection, if that makes sense.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
These are common problems with the MB branded puck. For those that are interested, the Viseeo MB2 that we carry does not suffer these issues.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 515 Likes on 431 Posts
07 E63 AMG, 10 C63 AMG, 07 E63 Designo, 07 E350, 09 C300, 07 C230
Have you looked at the list of compatible phones for the bluetooth interface module?
Not all phones are compatible, and that might be your issue.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
05 CL65 AMG, 07 Ferrari F430, 03 Range Rover HSE
Promised Viseeo MB-3 Review:
We finally got our initial Viseeo MB-3 bluetooth adapter from manufacturing today. We have put it through it's paces and these are the results of those tests. The MB-3 is an ALTERNATIVE to, not a replacement of, the MB-2. The MB-2 has been the best defacto standard for all late model Mercedes Benz models. It features software upgradability (which makes it obsolete proof), and is compatible with just about every phone on the market today. The MB-3 continues that tradition, but adds a couple more features. The phone functions seem to work about the same and the phone quality is also similar between the MB-2 and MB-3. The extra features are charging of an Apple product or of any USB chargeable device. It also has an FM transmitter to transmit music played through the USB, Bluetooth or AUX input. The FM transmitter is programmable and has three total presets that can be set to three different frequencies. The unit works as advertised and we offer our overall opinions below:
PRO:
1. MB-3 has the Parrot chipset, so compatibility and quality are good.
2. It can provide a charge point for Apple, Android, Blackberry and more, from your armrest.

CON:
1. If you use any of the supplied charge/music cables, you can not close your armrest fully and the cables need to extend outside the armrest as there is no room for both the MB-3 and any phone/player besides maybe an iPod Nano inside the armrest.
2. All music played through the device goes through the FM transmitter. Some people do not mind FM transmitters. In our tests the background hiss was always present on every frequency we tried. If you have already used FM transmitters in the past, and are happy with them, then this will work fine for you. If you are more critical of the sound, you will not be happy with the music sound quality.

MB-2 MSRP is $299
MB-3 MSRP is $459

The above prices are MSRP set by the manufacturer, Cartronics.com does not sell them for MSRP, usually a bit less. It should also be noted, that Cartronics.com is the exclusive North American supplier of the MB-2 and MB-3. The manufacturer has clamped down hard on warranty and serial number matching. If the serial number of any MB-2 or MB-3 does not match one imported by Cartronics.com, there is no warranty available on the unit. No matter what some dealers may advertise, they must purchase from Cartronics.com distribution network for a warranty to apply. If you are in doubt, please call Cartronics.com and find out if the retailer that you are purchasing from is an authorized dealer of Cartronics.com
Old 05-30-2011, 04:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 ML350 4Matic
Originally Posted by thunderbirl
My wife and I just picked up a 2008 E350 4Matic.

When we pair her Samsung phone, it connects and works - but only for 40 seconds.

We we pair my iPhone, it works just fine.

I'm guessing that this is a phone issue and would love to know WHY this happens before we just run off and try again with a new phone... What characteristic does the new phone need to have that this one doesn't?

Thanks in advance.
Originally Posted by Cartronics
These are common problems with the MB branded puck. For those that are interested, the Viseeo MB2 that we carry does not suffer these issues.
We were able to demonstrate that this was a software issue in the phone. We have three of these phones in the family and with the kids home from college, the two with the newer software worked fine. The older software was/is a problem. We went to Verizon and swapped the id's on two of the phones (software upgrade on Alltel branded phones not available) and it's all good!

We also just got our Viseeo MB2 and it behaved (on this issue) identically to the MB puck.

Bottom line - this aspect of the problem was a phone software issue.

The big difference between the old and new pucks is that the new Viseeo MB2 delivers the phone directory beautifully from any of our phones. For us this unit was the right choice!

The original MB Puck (part # B6 787 5839 - HW:0706 SW:0706) did not download the phonebook from any of our phones. This is completely consistent with information on the web regarding that part number. (You may have to dig for it, but it's out there!)