E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

P!!!U!!!!.....Ultrashield Auto A/C odor treatment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 02:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 E350
P!!!U!!!!.....Ultrashield Auto A/C odor treatment

Dealership is dicking me around after cleaning my A/C system with the Wynn chemical treatment as part of the DTB and saying the odor is not returning after 3 months. As they put it, "no appreciable odor exists". Yet everyone who enters my car smells it.

Just picked up a can of this Ultrashield. Directions say to spray it in the fresh air intakes under the front windshield while running the A/C.

Question? On our E350's (mine's a 2007) isn't the fresh air intake where the combination filter is? Or does the car draw fresh air in from somewhere else?

Assuming I'm correct (fresh air intake is thru the vent where the combination filter goes), sound like this is where I would spray the stuff.

Thanks.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 ML320CDI
I would remove the filter, very easy to do, and spray directly in to the duct. I would also replace the filter when you do this.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:35 PM

2004 E500
take it to a detailer that has an ozone odor removing machine have them run it overnight. It will do wonders.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by 06e320cdi
I would remove the filter, very easy to do, and spray directly in to the duct. I would also replace the filter when you do this.
Exactly what I did but I used Lysol spray. Note the drains were open on mine. The odor hasn't returned after the Lysol treatment through the intake under the cabin filter.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:52 PM

2007 E350
clarification...

Did you guys have the A/C on or off. Was recirc. on or off. Asking, because from what I can tell the only time the intake opens up and draws in air thru the filter area is when you have the A/C switched off and the fan running. At least while the car is parked and engine running. I have had the filter out and played with the buttons and this is what I found to be the case.

So any other way, the air is not drawing in and the spray (in your case Lysol) has no where to go. You're basically just coating the intake box with Lysol.

It would seem the me that you have to have the fan running, A/C button switch off (no red light), and then spray it into the filter intake while it is drawing in air. Which, leads me to my last question. If the A/C button is off and you are spraying the Lysol in, does it still go thru the evaporator and A/C system or does the A/C have to be on?

As you can tell I'm not very knowledgeable about A/C systems at all.

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Originally Posted by rolex11
Did you guys have the A/C on or off. Was recirc. on or off. Asking, because from what I can tell the only time the intake opens up and draws in air thru the filter area is when you have the A/C switched off and the fan running. At least while the car is parked and engine running. I have had the filter out and played with the buttons and this is what I found to be the case.

So any other way, the air is not drawing in and the spray (in your case Lysol) has no where to go. You're basically just coating the intake box with Lysol.

It would seem the me that you have to have the fan running, A/C button switch off (no red light), and then spray it into the filter intake while it is drawing in air. Which, leads me to my last question. If the A/C button is off and you are spraying the Lysol in, does it still go thru the evaporator and A/C system or does the A/C have to be on?

As you can tell I'm not very knowledgeable about A/C systems at all.

Thanks.
If you spray it in and have someone operate the buttons at the same time you can spray the system. I also closed up the car after spraying and put the filter back in.

You can cycle the buttons to open and close the door.