E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Is my car a Lemon?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S550
Is my car a Lemon?

My 2007 E350 has had 5 major problems, the latest being a transmisson trouble which cost $1300 to repair, since I purchased it new in May of 07. This car only has 32k miles and is kept in a heated garage.

2 engine oil leaks during the warranty period. The heated garage I mentioned also has a ceramic tiled floor so it was easy to see the oil all over the place.

Ignition lock failed and then Roadside Assistance left me stranded with the sun roof stuck open and thurderstorms looming. He said he could not help me because I did not have the users manuel with me! The tow truck made it just in time.

Ignition lock failed again 4 months later!

I am clearly regretting turning down the extended warranty.

Should I buy another Mercedes Benz or should I go for a Chevy?
Old 01-31-2012, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
School bus
Originally Posted by MarkE350
My 2007 E350 has had 5 major problems, the latest being a transmisson trouble which cost $1300 to repair, since I purchased it new in May of 07. This car only has 32k miles and is kept in a heated garage.

2 engine oil leaks during the warranty period. The heated garage I mentioned also has a ceramic tiled floor so it was easy to see the oil all over the place.

Ignition lock failed and then Roadside Assistance left me stranded with the sun roof stuck open and thurderstorms looming. He said he could not help me because I did not have the users manuel with me! The tow truck made it just in time.

Ignition lock failed again 4 months later!

I am clearly regretting turning down the extended warranty.

Should I buy another Mercedes Benz or should I go for a Chevy?
Ford F250 King Ranch oil burner! Can't go wrong there!!!!
Old 02-01-2012, 10:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Yours isn't a Lemon I have had way more issues than you. Chevy next time is your call. My 99 Corvette has been driven much harder than the MB and WAY fewer problems. Chrysler 300C is also not a bad choice built on E chassy with 5.7 Ltr V8 360 hp. and 25 mpg