E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

after market protection products

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
after market protection products

First time poster. Looking forward to taking delivery early August of a pewter/ash E500. A couple of questions about after market products to keep it looking new. Anyone have experience with:

1. "Carbox" liner for trunk. Looks like a good product. Currently do a lot of gardening and haul a bicycle to work so need trunk protection.

2. Scotchgard for carpets. Will be getting grooved mats (for Chicago) but looking for extra protection.

3. Stoneguard, Clear-Bra, etc. Appear to be very expensive and I am worried about how it will look. Maybe do lights only?

Any feedback greatly appreciated. Enjoy the site and have learned a lot!
Old 06-24-2003, 02:39 PM

"Carbox" liner for trunk

I have one of these in my E500. Fits perfectly. I was hoping for a Weathertech rubber trunk liner, but I am not sure they have one yet.

WeatherTech does have cargo (trunk) liner in black at the following link:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/veh...pt_choice_id=0

Last edited by Legacy; 06-24-2003 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-24-2003, 03:28 PM

E55
Welcome, Legacy. Seems like lots of us Chicago folks here. I have questions similar to yours. In fact I have been thinking of black as a color and wonder if there is anything to protect it?
Old 06-24-2003, 03:30 PM

E55
I meant ot welcome rdtjr!
Old 06-25-2003, 02:32 PM

2003 E500
Legacy -
Thanks for the input. I think I will get one.

Pbglas -
Thanks for the welcome. Maybe you should post your question separately. Didn't have much luck with mine. Don't know where you live, but I ordered from the Autohaus on Edens. The salesman was very professional and we got a very good deal.
Old 06-25-2003, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
I have the stonegard on my black E-500. Drove over 16,000 miles. I did get some rock chips in the middle of the hood where the product does not cover. Otherwise, it does not look bad (I was very concerned) and it did protect the front of the hood where most rock chips occur.

I will put it on my replacement car when it gets here.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:16 PM

E55
[
Pbglas -
Thanks for the welcome. Maybe you should post your question separately. Didn't have much luck with mine. Don't know where you live, but I ordered from the Autohaus on Edens. The salesman was very professional and we got a very good deal. [/B][/QUOTE]

I have tired before w/o much luck. But there is another list on the same board on finish. They have had a few lines.

I had bad luck with salesmen near where I live [Northside]. Bought from MB of Orland Park. It was an Email discussion.
Old 06-26-2003, 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Accord EX V6
I have a dumb question... what is scotchguard? where do i buy it? is it expensive?
Old 06-26-2003, 12:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Originally posted by sf49ers79
I have a dumb question... what is scotchguard? where do i buy it? is it expensive?
it is for interior cleaning, plz, do NOT buy this stuff. if you really want to spend some money, and time into your leather, and your interior, by leatherique, or talk to alboston, he's the detailing guru. dleaers offer scotchguard for 200-300 dollars, and it costs 10 at wal-mart, or any store....leatherique will be expensive, but it softens your leather, and protects it
Old 06-26-2003, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Originally posted by bmms8
it is for interior cleaning, plz, do NOT buy this stuff. if you really want to spend some money, and time into your leather, and your interior, by leatherique, or talk to alboston, he's the detailing guru. dleaers offer scotchguard for 200-300 dollars, and it costs 10 at wal-mart, or any store....leatherique will be expensive, but it softens your leather, and protects it
Actually....Scotchgard is a spray for your carpets..not leather. It comes in a spray bottle. Most carpets and cloth furniture in homes today are protected with scotchgard. It is supposed to prevent stains from sinking into fabric and carpets and make it much easier to clean.

Many of us have used it on the stupid cloth strip by the door entries. Pretty hard not to step on that most of the time. If you have kids the rear ones will take a real beating. Nothing to applying it...just spray it on.
Old 06-26-2003, 11:46 PM

E55
Pousha has posted something on hte E55 Board that is relevant here.

See MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > E55 AMG (W210, W211) > A few detailing product recommendations

rdtjr, I have heard of this Chicago area detailing company:

http://www.emmonscoachworks.com/

I know nothing of them except their existence. But hteir web site show them carrying high end products.