E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Lowered front end today in 15 minutes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E500
are those tips on exhaust or a complete system,, if they are tips,could you tell me were you got them, as i have just purchased some, and they look crap,but yours look good
Old 06-19-2004, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
BooBoo created this thread in the E55 forum.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=73314
Old 06-19-2004, 03:26 PM

E500
well....

I have posted that modification to airmatic will void the factory warranty. This is just a perfect example.

I have been "attacked"those who think modification will not void warranty. Now, read it for yourself.

Modification is definitely ok, but only happen when you remove the modification before service.

BUT

Thanks to those who help to provide the great lowering information. I did try on my car, and it work great!! Instead of using washers, I just use a bolt and 1 washer. It drop about 3 cm in the front. Looks lot better than before, but the factory 17" rims looks too small after lowering. My new rims are on the way now.
Old 06-19-2004, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 Sport
Originally posted by steveyoyo
Tbone,

Thanks for your reply, Is their a place on-line you can buy a camber kit? If not where did you get yours from? BTW, how much was the kit and what did it cost you to have it installed?

Were they able to align the rear wheels as well? The performance shop I went to said there is no adjustment for the rear.

Thanks!
Topline ordered the kit for me. It is the camber kit designed for W211's. I forget how much it cost, but everything (parts and 4-wheel align) cost a few hundred dollars. At the time I had my car lowered, there wasn't a rear camber kit made for the W211. I didn't need one though, because the shop got it into factory specs.
Old 06-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Banned

As I have posted on the E55 Forum, I believe that the Carlsson and the Brabus way is the best way to do it, being electonic and all. Warranty wise, I'm not too sure on the details, but I have spoken to some representatives and they told me that they would try to take care of any problem due to the device as long as it was installed professionally.

Epower: How long now have you been running the "washer" method?
Old 01-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
So, since it's been a while since this mod was first tried and discovered, can someone who has done it chime in their experiences thus far?

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:50 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
'18 E63S AMG
I first lowered using the washer method which was fine, but not quite low enough for me. I then added the TWS brackets, and added two additional washers which gave the height decrease I wanted.

The rear was lowered by relocating the rear sensor. I've had not ill effects so far. Ride quality was not significantly degraded, especially compared to all the other cars I've lowered in the past.

The "height" switch (whatever you call it) works fine, and I use it all the time going over low spots and all. I would recommend it.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 E-320
So after studying this post for a few days, I printed the pictures from this thread, jacked up my E320 and decided to take a look underneath my car. My question is this, do E320's have the air ride suspension, and can they be lowered using this method? I am sure that my suspension is different than that of an E55 but I am still not seeing whats on those pictures.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:39 PM

'18 E63S AMG
E500's and E55 have the airmatic suspension as standard. For the E320, it is an option. Essentially, for the E320, if you see a spring, you have a conventional suspension. If no spring, than an airmatic (unless of course the spring is covered in some sleeve or something).
Old 01-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Almost a Member!

2004 E-320
Originally Posted by CALBenzo
E500's and E55 have the airmatic suspension as standard. For the E320, it is an option. Essentially, for the E320, if you see a spring, you have a conventional suspension. If no spring, than an airmatic (unless of course the spring is covered in some sleeve or something).
So in other words if I want to lower my ride I need to dish out the 2G's...
Old 01-05-2005, 07:32 PM

'18 E63S AMG
If you have a conventional suspension, lowering springs (even for a Benz) shouldn't cost $2K. I haven't really checked, but even for my Porsche, lowering springs were only about $500 or so (of course that was a while ago). Install is another issue, but even with an alignment, shouldn't cost $1500.
Old 01-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
If I do a slight drop (maybe around 1" all around) with the airmatic do you think I would still need to get an alignment? If so, is there any place to get alignments outside of the dealership?

With my CLK I got the lifetime alignment package at Firestone so I could bring it in as often as I wanted. But I'm not sure if outside shops can do alignments with airmatic suspensions.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:23 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
'05 E55
Originally Posted by Samoan_Ridah
So, since it's been a while since this mod was first tried and discovered, can someone who has done it chime in their experiences thus far?

Thanks.
Since I started this whole thing, I'll give my feedback. It has been over a year and a half, and everything is perfect. I just purchased new tires, replacing the Goodyear F1's with new Michelin PS-2's, and the Goodyear's wore perfectly. None of the uneven wear, cupping etc. you would see in some lowered cars. There is an aftermarket camber kit you can install, but I really don't think it is necessary. When I lowered my 540 I had to install the camber kit to get decent tire wear. I drive the car VERY aggressively, and still no problems...over 45,000 miles since lowering. I still can't believe so many guys are paying big dollars to get their cars lowered when you can do this for $1 in washers and about two hours of your time...You lower the car, change the ecu, change out he intake, exhaust and this E500 is a completely different car for very little investment.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:48 AM

'18 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by EPower
Since I started this whole thing, I'll give my feedback. It has been over a year and a half, and everything is perfect. I just purchased new tires, replacing the Goodyear F1's with new Michelin PS-2's, and the Goodyear's wore perfectly. None of the uneven wear, cupping etc. you would see in some lowered cars. There is an aftermarket camber kit you can install, but I really don't think it is necessary. When I lowered my 540 I had to install the camber kit to get decent tire wear. I drive the car VERY aggressively, and still no problems...over 45,000 miles since lowering. I still can't believe so many guys are paying big dollars to get their cars lowered when you can do this for $1 in washers and about two hours of your time...You lower the car, change the ecu, change out he intake, exhaust and this E500 is a completely different car for very little investment.

I agree completely. Epower, how do you like the ECU change? I put in the underdrive pulleys which have been a pretty good investment. The most noticeable difference is in the lower gears.

I did have a camber kit installed on the front, together with an alignment after lowering. Mine actually handles better now.

Last edited by CALBenzo; 01-07-2005 at 12:50 AM.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
newbi Q...will this lowering be possible on an 05 E320 CDI?