E-Class (W211) 2003-2009
View Poll Results: How satisfied are you with your E Class?
Very satisfied
66.18%
Moderately satisfied
19.12%
I can take it or leave it
2.94%
Moderately dissatisfied
4.41%
Very dissatisfied
5.88%
Not sure yet
1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

How satisfied are you with your E Class?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 12:40 PM
jhb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 SL Launch Edition, 2003 E500 Pewter/Stone
How satisfied are you with your E Class?

Now that the car has been out for about 10 months, it might be good to hear how satisfied owners/lessees are with their new E class cars. I am very satisfied even though I do not yet have Nav and voice activation.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB
Re: How satisfied are you with your E Class?

Originally posted by jhb
Now that the car has been out for about 10 months, it might be good to hear how satisfied owners/lessees are with their new E class cars. I am very satisfied even though I do not yet have Nav and voice activation.
i am very sarisfied, we've had problems, but overall the cars performance doesn't compare with any other
Old 07-02-2003, 12:53 PM

I had some issues, but most of them resolved failry easily. I love the car and I am very satisfied.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well......ive still got a 2 month wait for the E class.....but cometh september i will also click on 'very satisfied' (hopefully)
Old 07-02-2003, 03:36 PM

2003 E-500
Thumbs up

I'm very satisfied after 9 months and 10,000 miles with my E-500. I had all of the "new car" problems the first couple months that have been mentioned on this board, but still believe it's the "best of the bunch" available today. A good friend wants to buy my car after I turn it in next month for the replacement vehicle with the Nav/COMAND system. He and his wife both drove it, fell in love with it, and are no longer interested in the Infiniti Q-45 or the Lexus 430 that they were looking at previously.
Old 07-02-2003, 04:53 PM
jhb

Very interesting Double Eagle. I just had the same experience last night. We drove to dinner with some friends and they were so impressed with the car that they asked if I would check on availability for purchase of my car when my replacement comes in August.

Jeff
Old 07-02-2003, 05:25 PM

2003 E-500
jhb,

My dealer said they could not quote a price on the car as yet. He advised that the cars will actually belong to MBUSA after the trade is made and that they haven't received guidance (as of a week ago) on how they were to be handled. However, he expected that the dealers would be able to resell them but this was not a certainty. No replacements have arrived at my dealer and mine, which is one of the first, is not expected until the end of July.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:34 PM

2013 S550
I've had two people inquire about purchasing my car (only 5300 miles since Oct.). I called the dealership and asked if there would be any "good deals" on the cars that were being turned in. I was told there would be no special deals, even if I brought a buyer in the door with me when I picked up my replacement vehicle. He said they were going to put them on the lot and sell them at fair market value. I kinda wondered if he was just having a bad day...
Old 07-03-2003, 12:04 AM
jhb

I guess I really can' t blame them for not giving up a profit. I think my friends will still want to do it as they will get a virtually new car with less than 6,000 miles and knowing that it is in perfect shape.

Jeff
Old 07-03-2003, 02:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Accord EX V6
I'm very satisfy with this new e class. i think they really built a great car this time.. congrats MB
Old 07-05-2003, 08:09 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
'18 AMG GTR '16 BMW M3 - '05 Porsche Carrera S
Extremely satisfied here. I've only had minor problems:

* Pulling to the right - Fixed by dealer.
* Driver's seat leather was creasing too much - Replaced.
* Rear Window Sunshade punches up - replaced.

The only thing that I would consider like really a problem was that the auxillary fan died, also replaced and voila..

Car is a Sept/2002 build.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:31 PM

2003 E500
Moderately...the car as-delivered is fine, no real gripes with anything on it.

My issues surround the uselessness of the 406 multicontour seats (and the lack of 'pulse' as documented in the MB propaganda at ordering-time), the lack of NAV availability at ordering, and the lack of satellite radio availability at all.

That said, the car's nothing to sneeze at :-) Would I like a different config available from MB? sure. Would I get an E55 if I didn't live in Manhattan? sure. Would I get another MB ? at this point, yep. We'll see how it wears over the coming years.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:51 AM

2003 E320
Talking

I LOVE my car!!!
Old 07-07-2003, 09:43 AM

I absolutely love my E500 but I am only moderately satisfied with it. I am, as I have mentioned before, quite perturbed by the way MBUSA handled the NAV fiasco. On principle, I have made the decision to sell my brand new E with NAV as soon as it arrives in late August and has 0 miles on it. So if anyone is interested, please feel free to e-mail me.

Some other gripes:

I know jhb has confirmed Linguatronic availability with the local dealers--but mine is STILL not installed. My dealer just...sucks.

I swear my stereo is possessed and has a life of its own. It reboots, spits CDs out, and refuses to act normally. It IS OK 95% of the time, so it's bearable...but still...

I hate my stupid H-rated Contis. They are TOO noisy and lack the handling of the better brands.

That $2600 that I spent on the phone could have probably been better spent elsewhere (I say this in retrospect). Most of the callers to my car phone complain of a bad connection (I have Verizon) and I end up using my headset with my other cellphone. Also, it operates normally only 90% of the time. The other 10%, either I get no tones (so I can’t check my voicemail), or I can’t make any phone calls (the keypad seems to be locked) or I don’t have a signal (even though I am in the middle of the city with 5-bars normally). All these problems require either a reboot of the phone or I have to shut down the E, and let it rest about 30 seconds before starting it up again. What a pain.

Now the good:

I took a 1200 mile (total) road trip to Toronto from Washington for the 4th. I drove the E like a Porsche and like a Caddy. I pushed it hard, and it never caved. The only thing that was made clear to me was that the timings of the transmission are absolutely not adjusted for aggressive driving (I suppose they reserve that for the E55). Nevertheless, if you know the right combination of acceleration/deceleration at the right speed, you can make the transmission to do your bidding but it's still a pain in the a$$.

Toronto is a driver’s paradise. Canadians are as concerned about enforcement but you rarely see a cop on the road, and see one trying to set up a speed trap even less. I went to school in T.O. so I am quite familiar with the highways and roads. Highway 401 is a dream to drive on. I hit my limiter on a number of occasions while driving on the 401. It is so annoying to hear the engine cut out when you are trying to push the car to the limit.

If any of you want to ever try your car on a public highway, Toronto (or other Canadian cities) is the place to be. Plus Canadians are some of the best folks on the planet
Old 07-07-2003, 10:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Accord EX V6
Monakh you are orderin E55 rite? is E55 has nav or not?
Old 07-07-2003, 11:00 AM

I have it on order

And have to make a decision by early next week about the internal options. The car will be built in the fall (or so I am told) so I have time. I will get it without ANY options (except maybe the HID lights and pano roof and parktronic--I LOVE parktronic).

I am not sure any more. I may still get the car and may be sell it later, or I may pull my deposit all together.

Decisions, decisions...

p.s. Call me crazy but I am *seriously* considering the purchase of an Acura TSX with NAV until my Next Big Thing TM.
Old 07-16-2003, 05:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,441 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
Thumbs up

Very satisfied! Issues of course, but none that would sway me to another manufacturer!
Old 07-16-2003, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Originally posted by ctouhey
I've had two people inquire about purchasing my car (only 5300 miles since Oct.). I called the dealership and asked if there would be any "good deals" on the cars that were being turned in. I was told there would be no special deals, even if I brought a buyer in the door with me when I picked up my replacement vehicle. He said they were going to put them on the lot and sell them at fair market value. I kinda wondered if he was just having a bad day...
:p :p He probably saw your reply post to EDJ's "democrat" post in OT

PS: Chris...are you getting your (self-described) outrageous hourly consulting fees while you are posting on MBWorld?? :p

Last edited by etenn; 07-16-2003 at 06:40 PM.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:54 PM

2013 S550
Originally posted by etenn
:p :p He probably saw your reply post to EDJ's "democrat" post in OT

PS: Chris...are you getting your (self-described) outrageous hourly consulting fees while you are posting on MBWorld?? :p
Okay, ya got me, but I I had been drinkin' pretty good when I wrote that. And, believe it or not, I don't charge clients while posting! I do have my principles! (I just charge expenses...)
Old 07-16-2003, 11:14 PM
RAI
Almost a Member!

2003 E 500
I'm lovin' my E500. I also have had the standard first-year gremlins, but I've been pleased with my dealer's efforts to fix them.

I wouldn't even consider an Infiniti or a Lexus- they're both too damn BORING! Let's face it- when I wheel up somewhere I want to make a statement, and Lexus/Infiniti just don't get the job done.

The only other car I'd consider is a BMW 5'er. We'll see how that
develops....

-RAI