E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Im having an electrical nightmare!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 e320 w211
Im having an electrical nightmare!

Hey guys need some insight... A long time ago my front seats used to move back when i opened the door and my side mirrors dont adjust when put in reverse anymore. More recently cabin lights dont light when doors are opened, car does not whistle when locked/unlocked, alarm sounds like a dying bird and door locks have been machine gunning. Oh and just like a week ago my audio system and nav have gone insane! PLEASE HELP...
Old 04-21-2012, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
Your memory seats just may need to relearn settings. Check Owners manual for details.

Door locks need replacement / repair common problem.

My side mirror adjust in R but where ever they want, never to where I set them. MB discontinued this feature, wonder why?

Dont' know about the alarm system. Fix the door locks may help.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
Originally Posted by vettdvr
Your memory seats just may need to relearn settings. Check Owners manual for details.

Door locks need replacement / repair common problem.

My side mirror adjust in R but where ever they want, never to where I set them. MB discontinued this feature, wonder why?

Dont' know about the alarm system. Fix the door locks may help.
OP can you provide a little more information please? Did this happen all at once or did you notice a tiered failure? Because as far as the quoted post goes, it seems improbable that all of these functions would be cease to function at the same time and I don't think door lock replacement will fix this issue. I know you stated a while back that the seat issue occurred but what about the others that happened more recently?

Maybe an auxiliary or main battery issue? Have you checked fuses or tried a computer check on the car? That would be your best bet as to identifying exactly what needs to be done. I am sure simple diagnostics at an indy or dealership wouldn't be too much.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 e320 w211
Well this all did not happen at once, started with the seats about 2 years ago up to the audio/ nav like a month ago (audio started working good on its own again.) Thanks for the info i look forward to your replys.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
If it happened in a tiered manner with quite a while in between each failure I would look at the individual systems, not the electrical as a whole. I would simply take it to a dealer for diagnostics to find out what is wrong then decide from there what actions need to be taken. That is good to hear the audio started working, but I am sorry you have to go through all of this with a W211 =(
Old 04-30-2012, 01:33 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 S550 4matic
Only common denominator between all systems is the main/aux battery, BCM and charging system. I'd check those for voltage first (12 standing, 14 charging).

That being the case, your door lock actuators probably need going through. Your car likely also needs a software update to fix the convenience issues you're seeing with the seats/mirrors or you can just go through the menu yourself and confirm settings.