E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

What would you do? Wheel fell off!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 s500 sport
that's great news.

However this amplifies another major problem associated with MB that does not get reported in JD Power surveys which is customer service and competence at service departments. The MB dealer service departments suck big time. I beg some technicians from dealerships explain why is that? How high must've this technician been not to put wheel bolts back on the car?

I went to my dealer to fix sunroof and it broke each time same way and now I have to go there again for the same thing.

The service advisor was rude, I ordered a loaner before I went there and when I got there I was not booked for a loaner and she kept saying that I don't have you for the loaner in the computer and then tried to scare me that I will probably have to pay because my full starmark warranty may not cover it. What a dumb answer! Now I postpone going there like going to the dentist. Bunch of incompetent idiots. BTW. The repair was covered like the first time.

Why is DC so deaf to all of the customer complaints. Don't they have some Joe Shmoe surfing the net and coming across this board to sample what is going on? Maybe we should start a survey of dealerships across US?

Let's mention only the best ones including sales support and service department. Any good dealerships in NY? I have none to report since I only bought one Benz and the dealer service sucked.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
Good to hear such a nice resolution to a potentially life threatening situation. Quattroleap should print out this thread and give to his dealer on dealer treatment for his paint problem.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
6.3, what part of NY are you in?
Old 07-17-2003, 09:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by 6.3
that's great news.

However this amplifies another major problem associated with MB that does not get reported in JD Power surveys which is customer service and competence at service departments. The MB dealer service departments suck big time. I beg some technicians from dealerships explain why is that? How high must've this technician been not to put wheel bolts back on the car?

I went to my dealer to fix sunroof and it broke each time same way and now I have to go there again for the same thing.

The service advisor was rude, I ordered a loaner before I went there and when I got there I was not booked for a loaner and she kept saying that I don't have you for the loaner in the computer and then tried to scare me that I will probably have to pay because my full starmark warranty may not cover it. What a dumb answer! Now I postpone going there like going to the dentist. Bunch of incompetent idiots. BTW. The repair was covered like the first time.

Why is DC so deaf to all of the customer complaints. Don't they have some Joe Shmoe surfing the net and coming across this board to sample what is going on? Maybe we should start a survey of dealerships across US?

Let's mention only the best ones including sales support and service department. Any good dealerships in NY? I have none to report since I only bought one Benz and the dealer service sucked.
I think its because the cars are technically sophisticated. At the NY auto show, MB had a booth there for hiring of techs, they seemed desperate to get good people.
Old 07-18-2003, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-500
Originally posted by marksatex
New '04 Ordered by dealer today. Trade title for title. I pay mileage use.

Seems fair to me. Spouse happy. Closed Book!
It is obvious that the fair and successful solutions to any of our problems depends on the dealer.

I have had fantastic service from all of the Dealerships I have delt with. This includes a trip across country and needing some help a couple of times. Treated with great respect and competance everywhere I went even tho I obviously would not be a return customer for service or purchase of a new car.

Congrats marksatex...that was the way it should turn out. Tell the dealer that we all said so.