E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Fog lights HID conversion?? (need help)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by City Rat
Guys, normally sorry to revive an old thread but since this is timely for me I thought I would anyway, lol.

Not timely for those of us who are following the current thread who now have to wade through this info again, to please you!

Do your own research and then start a new thread to discuss whatever info you need.

It's also not koisher to hi-jack someones thread.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
Old 06-05-2013, 06:22 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Currently: 2019 E450 AWD, Previous: 2002 CLK55 Cab
Originally Posted by kurtismayfield

Not timely for those of us who are following the current thread who now have to wade through this info again, to please you!

Do your own research and then start a new thread to discuss whatever info you need.

It's also not koisher to hi-jack someones thread.
Ok normally I would just let this go but in this instance got to respond. I did my own research, it was through the use of the search function that I found this old thread. It appeared that of all on the list this was the one that came closest to my issue so I revived it. I opened noting the topical variance to that of the OP and apologized. Not sure what sent a burr up your bottom but thanks just the same for the knowledgeable and helpful comments. Really useful.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:33 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E320 CDI
Originally Posted by City Rat
Guys, normally sorry to revive an old thread but since this is timely for me I thought I would anyway, lol. Looking to upgrade the brightness of the beam from my foglights. Given the price of a new kit:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ed=0CC4QrQMwAQ

I thought that I would first try to better results by replacing the bulbs with something brighter. What is the size or part number of the replacement foglight bulbs, D2S 35W?

Additionally after reading this thread I am now very clear that I will want all of my lights:
1-to match in color, white, not blue or yellow
2-not LED

Therefore what are the brightest bulbs that I can get for my CLK which won't burn out my wiring, won't burn out housings and lenses and will give me more of a fighting chance at seeing critters large and small that like to jump out onto rural roads at night. Thanks.
You're a funny guy. You know how to revive old threads. Now read the old thread.