E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Frustration!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E350 4matic (w211)
Frustration!

I've been searching these forums for about 3 weeks and I've become very frustrated! I've been looking for a correct fuse block diagram and legend since the start and just can't find them. I've noted the following things:

1. There are 3 fuse blocks in an 2006 E350 w211 - 1 in the engine bay, 1 on the driver's side dash, and one in the trunk.

2. There is only a piece of paper with info on the dash and trunk fuse blocks located in the fuse block in the dash. There is no diagram/legend for the block in the engine bay. I've seen several people direct those asking for a diagram/legend to just look on the cover for the block in the engine bay. THERE ISN'T A DIAGRAM/LEGEND THERE!!!

3. If anyone actually has one of these diagram/legends, rather than taking a picture of it or scanning it in and providing it for those that don't have it, they just email it or PM it. Why aren't you posting it?!

Here's the bottom line . . . I desperately need a diagram/legend for the fuse block in the engine bay of my 2006 E350 w211! My horn isn't working and I need to identify the fuse and relay for the horn. I've had more people cut me off since I bought this car and I can't beep at them when I see it happening and it's getting dangerous. I had a big red Dodge Ram before this MB and it was never an issue. Given that the holiday season and winter are upon us the situation isn't going to get any better so I need my horn to work. And since just getting a replacement sun visor was quoted at $225 I can only imagine how much it will be to fix the horn. Since many threads identify this as an issue with w211s and it usually just requires a new fuse/relay I would love to just do this myself.

If anyone can please help me out I would be eternally grateful! And if I ever do get my hands on this elusive diagram/legend I'm going to post it everywhere I can along with high res digital pictures of all 3 fuse blocks and the diagrams/legends associated with them!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
beater with a heater
the diagram is usually in the trunk with the tool kit and spare fuses
Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
The diagram to mine is inside the driver side of the dash inside a small compartment at the forward door post on the edge of the dash.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,448 Likes on 3,155 Posts
'71 Pinto
f53b @ front SAM (engine compartment) https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...t-working.html - check PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E350 4matic (w211)
Thanks! I actually found that fuse today to be blown even though my fuse tester showed me it was good. My horn is working now. I still plan on showing pictures of each fuse panel and scans of the legends. I'll do that in a separate thread.