Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 W212 E350 Bluetec
What to check before warranty expires?

Anything in particular?

Car in question is a 2009 W211 E350 4Matic 5AT with Premium II Package.

It's been reliable so far, so probably not going to buy an extended warranty.

Will probably ask the dealership to perform an inspection and fix anything they can find under warranty. Other option would be going to an indy, paying for a PPI, and then going back to M-B with a list of fixes (if any).
Old 12-14-2012, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350 P1 Sport Pkg, 1993 BMW 325is, 2000 Tacoma PreRunner V6, 2008 Porsche Cayman S
Same question here, my extended warranty expires Oct 2013. So far my car has been flawless (knock on wood).
Old 12-15-2012, 04:16 AM

E55 AMG
Best option is to have an Indy inspect it. The dealer may not "find" issues to fix under warranty. But once the issues "break", they will gladly take your money.
Old 12-20-2012, 02:22 PM

2003 E320
just ask the dealer to do a multipoint inspection which is offered by all MB dealers, its a pretty through check, although Id suggest you come in with an issue, because wanting a free bee service is kind of frowned upon
Old 12-23-2012, 04:00 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Have the dealer put it on the lift and have them check for leaks. Also, have them test the battery. When I bought in my wife's wagon (for routine service) a week or before the warranty expired, they found a leak and replaced the battery under warranty. I was very grateful.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:51 PM

'04 CLK 500 Cab. '04 E-320 4-Matic Wagon
here is my laundry list of what will go wrong: get the transfer case and transmission fluid changed before you have "wheel hop" or slow shifting in the 4-matic. Check the air-matic system for leaks...does ride feel bouncy? Check the boots on the front cv's for tears as well as the differential for any rumbling or vibration. Get the catalytic converters looked at for loose baffles. Have the power steering pump, water pump, and the ac compressor checked for any whining or leaks as they are difficult to isolate. Listen to the heater fan in the HVAC when the car is cold(put it on the highest setting) a small whine will get worse. The front end should get inspected for tie-rod ends, control arm bushings, ball joints and sway bar links. Mainly the things that have fluids or rotate need attention. If you are still under warranty complain and it will get taken care of. I have almost 1 million miles in these cars and they predictably fail in these areas.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:31 PM

2016 E400, 2015 GLK 350
The dealer gets paid by the factory for warranty repair. They'll find anything they can.

Trending Topics

Old 06-10-2017, 07:06 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
benzw205
it seems a good idea to check these

Originally Posted by skigyz
here is my laundry list of what will go wrong: get the transfer case and transmission fluid changed before you have "wheel hop" or slow shifting in the 4-matic. Check the air-matic system for leaks...does ride feel bouncy? Check the boots on the front cv's for tears as well as the differential for any rumbling or vibration. Get the catalytic converters looked at for loose baffles. Have the power steering pump, water pump, and the ac compressor checked for any whining or leaks as they are difficult to isolate. Listen to the heater fan in the HVAC when the car is cold(put it on the highest setting) a small whine will get worse. The front end should get inspected for tie-rod ends, control arm bushings, ball joints and sway bar links. Mainly the things that have fluids or rotate need attention. If you are still under warranty complain and it will get taken care of. I have almost 1 million miles in these cars and they predictably fail in these areas.

Hello, it seems a good idea to check these, do you think that it's possible that the dealer see something and do not tell it before the guarantee expires ? Thanks.