'71 Pinto
DO NOT waive your rights!

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=52549
Old 11-25-2003, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: This is disheartening

Originally posted by Rudegar
Should I be cancelling my phone order?
Should I be cancelling my car order althogether?
I put my deposit down for an E500 July 11, 2003 and still no build date.
Welcome to the club. I put an order in for an E500 in MARCH, and just recently received a VIN, but the car still hasn't been delivered.

I haven't yet cancelled my order (or refused delivery), but probably will. I have come to realize that MBUSA does not give a damn.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:43 AM
Vic

At this point, I'm in limbo while waiting for the new voice control module.

I conduct alot of business from the car phone, but I find myself hesitant to use the phone as the feedback issue is embarrassing and unprofessional when talking to a client.

It's only been a week, but I have not gotten any update as to when the part is due to arrive, and I'm not sure that it will even solve the problem when it does arrive.

That said, I wouldn't cancel my order if I was waiting for the car to arrive. As an E55 owner, I can absolutely state that it is a blast to drive. Although the other E class vehicles will lack the visceral punch of the AMG vehicles, I am still sure that they would be supremely satisfying to drive.

At this point, I haven't lost faith in the dealer, as they are acknowledging that there is a problem. I would be seriously pissed if they told me that they were unable to duplicate the problem, as it happens with every call, without fail. At the same time, I am getting frustrated with having to wait for this problem to be corrected, especially in light of the fact that it does not appear to be an isolated case.

If anyone's dealer finds a solution, please do post to let us know how it was resolved.

Thanks.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:46 AM
Vic

By the way, has anyone used the new bluetooth feature that is being offered (as a standard feature) in the 2004 Lexus LX470?

My understanding is that you can use any Bluetooth phone to speak, dial, recall phone numbers, and addresses without having to even plug the phone into a vehicle adapter.

I am planning to swap my Cayenne S for an LX470 and would appreciate feedback from others who have used the Lexus system.
Old 11-27-2003, 01:27 AM

My service tech just told me after a 15 minute phone call, they could not duplicate the echo. So I told him, do you want me to record it when it happens. He was hesitant and instead said, "give it sometime, you only had the car for 2-3 weeks." Like its going to get better. So he is giving me my car back after he realigns it. (pull to the right) He has had my e55 since Tuesday. This is not going to look good on his survey. After 48 hours to tell me, he can't duplicate it and have to keep it for another 48 hours just because he couldn't get it align today. I am kinda mad here.

amgB
Old 11-27-2003, 10:40 AM

2004 E500
Beyond issues with a first year model, my main gripe about M-B service has been how long it takes them to diagnose (and usually not very successfully) problems... and it has been to the extent that my E500 has been "in service" for over 75 days within the first 9 months!

I don't know how any owner can be happy about that
Old 11-27-2003, 11:05 AM

E500
Is the Motorola V60 the only brand/type of phone that is supplied by MB-i'm thinking of getting the phone option but with the list of problems I can see its not a good idea.Does the COMMAND in the 2004 E support bluetooth?