Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W211)
Oil light came on can someone help me on this question . >

Oil light came on can someone help me on this question .

Notices
E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Old 05-11-2014, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500 sport

My oil light came on telling me when refuel to fill one quart . Should I hurry and ad one quart or would this be fine for a couple of days until I can take it to the shop . And also what oil is recommended I was thinking mobile 1 , my car has 145,000 , should I also use high mileage . And how many quarts is recommended because the shop said 8 quarts but I heard it's not good to fill it all the way to 8 quarts . Any input would be appreciated thanks .
Old 05-12-2014, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
03 E500 and Corvette
I would assume "refuel to fill one quart" just means you are 1 qt low and need to add 1 qt, and not add a total refill. (I also assume you still have oil pressure) My 03 E500 once showed add 1 qt when it was parked on a steep hill. When level it did not need oil.

IF you are only one qt down you don't need to go to dealer you can buy 1 qt of M1 European Formula and add it yourself.
Old 05-12-2014, 11:19 AM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2007 E350 Sedan
Originally Posted by john0183 View Post
My oil light came on telling me when refuel to fill one quart . Should I hurry and ad one quart or would this be fine for a couple of days until I can take it to the shop . And also what oil is recommended I was thinking mobile 1 , my car has 145,000 , should I also use high mileage . And how many quarts is recommended because the shop said 8 quarts but I heard it's not good to fill it all the way to 8 quarts . Any input would be appreciated thanks .
I have had that warning come on a couple of times when the crankcase has been full. Be sure to check. In my case it was the sensor, not low oil.