Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 12:19 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
04 CL55, 05 E500S4, 15 BMW i3 REx
Multicontour / Orthopaedic Seat Issue - Arbitrary Inflating and Deflating

Hey guys,

The bladder on the end of the bottom cushion arbitrarily inflates and deflates as I drive. My Dynamic Seats were not working, and thankfully I was able to get the pump replaced under the warranty I received when purchasing the car. I was hoping it would have fixed the issue, but unfortunately it did not. Any insight as to what would be causing the erratic front bladder? Is there a good place for me to begin troubleshooting?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by OCKlasse; 01-22-2015 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:39 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,048 Likes on 970 Posts
1999 E300TD
Those options are very difficult to trouble shoot with out the proper diagnostic equipment---also you are confusing me-----first you say you have a bladder prolem---then you say you have a system problem---then you say someone replaced the pump--WTF is the correct order of problems!!
Old 01-22-2015, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005-W211 designo Estate
Similiar issue

Hi- like Plutoe said, will have to get it on a computer to figure out. In my car, it usually happens when I start car for the first time; sometimes while driving. I would then press the power button on the module and the info display will say "Dynamic Seat ON". which means it was OFF before?!?! So, im not sure if the previous owner had it programmed to inflate/deflate randomly or not. I dont use DS often, so I ignore it mostly.

I do like when i'm cornering and the bolsters hug you in place...
Old 01-22-2015, 03:59 PM
MBworld Guru

Originally Posted by Plutoe
Those options are very difficult to trouble shoot with out the proper diagnostic equipment---also you are confusing me-----first you say you have a bladder prolem---then you say you have a system problem---then you say someone replaced the pump--WTF is the correct order of problems!!
Neither the Dynamic Seats nor the bladders in the seats were working properly. I had the Dynamic Seats pump replaced hoping it would fix the issue with the lower seat bladder which it did not.

For what it's worth SDS did not note any other issues with the seats.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:00 PM
MBworld Guru

Originally Posted by GT854T5
Hi- like Plutoe said, will have to get it on a computer to figure out. In my car, it usually happens when I start car for the first time; sometimes while driving. I would then press the power button on the module and the info display will say "Dynamic Seat ON". which means it was OFF before?!?! So, im not sure if the previous owner had it programmed to inflate/deflate randomly or not. I dont use DS often, so I ignore it mostly.

I do like when i'm cornering and the bolsters hug you in place...
I was able to determine that Dynamic Seats can be programmed into the memory seat function.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005-W211 designo Estate
OCKlasse-By way of a time-lime, can you explain the order of your problem?
Correct me if im wrong: It seems like your seats were Not working; you had the pump replaced/fixed; now seats inflate/deflate randomly. If that is the case, maybe the seats are meant to inflate/deflate randomly.
Mine does this almost everytime I start the car; then when I turn ON the module it hugs my side, opposite to direction of turning. Like I said, I never pay much attention to it; my front seat passengers are surprised tho.

I will monitor this thread to see if its normal or not; good luck!!
Old 01-22-2015, 05:48 PM
MBworld Guru

Originally Posted by GT854T5
OCKlasse-By way of a time-lime, can you explain the order of your problem?
Correct me if im wrong: It seems like your seats were Not working; you had the pump replaced/fixed; now seats inflate/deflate randomly. If that is the case, maybe the seats are meant to inflate/deflate randomly.
Mine does this almost everytime I start the car; then when I turn ON the module it hugs my side, opposite to direction of turning. Like I said, I never pay much attention to it; my front seat passengers are surprised tho.

I will monitor this thread to see if its normal or not; good luck!!
Both items were not working properly when I bought the car. I replaced the Dynamic Seat pump which fixed the Dynamic Seats, but did not fix the intermittent inflating and deflating of the lower bladder.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:56 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,441 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by OCKlasse
The bladder on the end of the bottom cushion arbitrarily inflates and deflates as I drive. My Dynamic Seats were not working, and thankfully I was able to get the pump replaced under the warranty I received when purchasing the car. I was hoping it would have fixed the issue, but unfortunately it did not.
If repaired by MB dealer under MB warranty and deflating concern is documented on invoice, repair attempt should be covered for 12 months/unlimited mileage. Have shop revisit to perform leak however, read this before doing so http://workshop-manuals.com/mercedes...seat_bolsters/