Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 RRS ; BMW K1200R; 14 E350 ; 14 RRS on order
LOL

LOL,
I had resisted reading this thread. What a mess. You guys need to learn to relax a bit.

For future ref konigstiger, Be a little more descriptive with your title and posts to avoid these flaims.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the info you have provided. In fact its interesting that BMW is doing this. I think it would be a good tool for individual dealers to offer the same to their clients as an incentive to buy from the,.

But think about this. the average owner needs new front break pads every 20000 miles. Your warranty is only for 50000 miles. So thats two sets of front breaks. At about $200/set installed, give $400.

The lifetime roadside assist would cost you easilt $400/ trip if you didn't have AAA.

So if you ask me MB is putting that $400.00 to good use.

All that said, service warranties are a luxury item that only come with these more expensive cars (save for some fords) and we should be happy with what we get.

Can't we all just get along?
Old 01-14-2004, 05:06 PM

E-220CDI, VW Multivan 2.5TDI
Angry

Ok... speaking of warranty:

I bought my car from MB Diplomatic Sales since I am in the USA with the German Air Force. I asked them about warranty - they said "No problem, same as in Germany except roadsite assistance".

I don't buy stuff because it is cheaper or comes loaded with more features. I buy stuff because I want it exactly the way it is. At the moment, BMW in my eyes is one of the worst designs I ever saw. But ok... so I bought an E-220CDI.

It came "pulling right", not that bad but noticeable. So I asked MB Diplomatic Sales what about it. They said "Go to local dealer and have it fixed under warranty". I went to our local dealer (worst dealership I ever saw) and said "Please adjust the tracks under warranty." You know what the service advisor said to me... "Sir, please bring all your papers because as far as I know adjusting the tracks is not part of MB warranty." I read somewhere on this board that in the USA MB gives one year or 12.000 miles on tracks - so what's the point. A friend of mine had water in his Xenon lamps, and needed some other parts on warranty. Took them over 3 months - still no Xenons, no nothing! Last monday they fired one service advisor after my friend wrote a nice letter to MB USA. Similar happened to another friend with his BMW 7 whatsoever.

In my eyes this warranty stuff is not really worth talking about. BMW does it this way and MB that way. If somebody doesn't like MB's warranty - buy another car. Nobody said you have to drive MB. If you like BMW - nice, go and get one - but don't complain about whatever their warranty is like - nobody said you have to buy it.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally posted by Mortenstein
Nobody said you have to drive MB. If you like BMW - nice, go and get one - but don't complain about whatever their warranty is like - nobody said you have to buy it.
Hmmm. Umm. Never mind.
Old 01-27-2004, 02:38 AM

I'd rather pay for brakes and stuff, than drive one of those whack looking 5/7 series. about sums it up!!

BMW offers that because it helps to sell their cars. MB doesn't have to yet, because their cars are selling very well (at least in our area. Heck, there is a customer at the Benz dealer that has bought 33 cars in 3 years. He gets tired of them, and trades them in. I believe this week he has an 04 E55, and a new S600 that wa just RennTeched).

In the same reasoning, you could also complain that the BMW warranty isn't as good as a Kia's, but you know about the warranty before you buy the car. So, if you like the BMW warranty (which they should give you a better warranty, just because of how the car looks. They should also throw in limo tinted windows, so that no one can see who's driving the fugly thing ), then that's what you should buy. I'm just voicing my .02, so please don't think that I'm flaming you. Just my opinion!

Last edited by BoughtaBenz; 01-27-2004 at 02:45 AM.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:07 AM

there is nothing wrong with talking about other makes in a MB forum, especially BMW since its the main competitor of Mercedes. give it a year or two and MB has to offer free maint on wear and tear items, instead of quoting $500 for a front break and rotor change!!
Old 01-27-2004, 01:11 PM

W211 & Q7
Competition is always good.

The current bmw provides 4 years/50000 miles warranty but when I bought my bmw in 1997. bmw only provided 3 years/36000 miles warranty.

Hopefully, all of us can benefit from this competition in the future.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:49 PM

2000 E-class
I am not pro and cons anybody in here, but The first bacth of E class really really have a lot of problems. I feel very annoyed with these malfucntions. MB didnt have these kind of problem before 1995. somebody said to me that there was a replacement of President of MB since 1995. Is it true?

Please, this is my opinion, dont flame me!

This forum is for people expressing their ideas so please get along guys
Old 01-28-2004, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 White on Stone E320
I'd rather have the extra maintenance that covers wear and tear. Some of you may have dealers that charge only $200 for brakes and rotors, but not me. Honda wanted over $300 for my Civic. BMW dealers can charge $800. AAA costs me less than $100/yr.

Competition is good. Infiniti recently added brakes (non-Brembo) to their warranty, in large part I suspect, because of BMW. Hopefully Mercedes does the same. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, and unfortunately, it seems automobile manufacturers need LOTS of squeaky wheels with really loud squeaks before they even think of acting.