E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Tele-aid issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2015 | 01:07 AM

2011 GL 550, 2010 MB S550, 2004 BMW 645Cic 1988 Corvette
Tele-aid issue

I have an inactive Tele-Aid. The past 2 weeks it has been randomly activating. At forst I thought it was the car wash attendants hitting the button by accident. However, I have noticed it turning on if I exit the car and come back within a short period of time. Sometimes I just wait it out a half hour until Verizon disconnects me, other times I have to repeatedly hit the SOS button until I am connected with Mercedes Benz and they reset the system. It's kind of annoying. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Old 12-13-2015 | 04:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

'71 Pinto
Check for splitter corrosion in trunk, permanent solution have someone deactivate Teleaid using STAR – well discussed, search forum.
Old 12-14-2015 | 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350
By randomly activating does it just randomly say connecting and then try to dial out?
If so that is what my w203 use to do and it was caused by a stuck trunk handle.
If you don't care to have the system activated you can just disable it with a star computer as konigstiger said as that may be cheaper and easier than trying to fix the reason the system is acting up.
Old 12-15-2015 | 09:23 AM

2016 AMG GTS
Had that issue for one night. Had it turned off with SDS the next day.
Old 12-16-2015 | 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by samaritrey
By randomly activating does it just randomly say connecting and then try to dial out?
If so that is what my w203 use to do and it was caused by a stuck trunk handle.
If you don't care to have the system activated you can just disable it with a star computer as konigstiger said as that may be cheaper and easier than trying to fix the reason the system is acting up.
Yes, it dials out. I get the Verizon message that it won't connect. If I leave it alone it will time out after 20 minutes or so. If I press the SOS button or any of the buttons in the center console repeatedly it will connect with MB and they will reset the system. HOWEVER! My exterior trunk handle has been sticking in the open position repeatedly the past few months. It pops out easily enough by hand. Now that I am thinking about it the trunk is usually opened by the handle at the car wash and has been open right before the system comes on.
Old 01-16-2016 | 08:54 PM

e46 m3, w211 e55
Originally Posted by The Thomas J
Yes, it dials out. I get the Verizon message that it won't connect. If I leave it alone it will time out after 20 minutes or so. If I press the SOS button or any of the buttons in the center console repeatedly it will connect with MB and they will reset the system. HOWEVER! My exterior trunk handle has been sticking in the open position repeatedly the past few months. It pops out easily enough by hand. Now that I am thinking about it the trunk is usually opened by the handle at the car wash and has been open right before the system comes on.
Any luck on resolution. I have the same issue and its def related to stuck trunk latch. I already checked the splitter and antenna and those were fine. Any advice on how to fix appreciated.
Old 01-17-2016 | 03:18 AM

No not really. For what ever reason when the car is in neutral and running through the car wash it dials out an SOS.

I just shut the car off and lock it for a few minutes it usually clears it self after a few minutes.
Old 01-17-2016 | 05:18 PM

e46 m3, w211 e55
OK so I solved my issue. I inspected the splitter and all wires were perfect. In the end the resolution was lubricating the trunk latch handle. Apparently it was sticking and when opening manually that triggered the car to call SOS.

So this is what I did. I bought 3 in 1 Electronics / engine oil and liberty applied to the latch handle. Now the latch no longer sticks and no more SOS issue. Total cost $3 and a lot of time time trouble shooting other issues.
Old 06-04-2018 | 08:45 PM

2011 E350, 1998 ML320
Oh. My. God. I can't believe the problem was such a simple random thing. I went for a five hour road trip to the oregon coast with my wife, to celebrate her birthday by spending three days in a cabin on the ocean. I had multiple instances of the teleaid trying to call out, shutting off the stereo and replacing our music of choice with a loud hi/low siren. I tried searching on my phone and got nothing. Then I find this thread today, as I am resigned to swapping out my head unit, and sure enough, my trunk handle (which I never use) is stuck halfway. So far so good...