E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Left rear wheel super low when parked but no error codes /no spring issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E 500
Left rear wheel super low when parked but no error codes /no spring issues

So my driver side rear wheel seems to sink really low when the car is parked. Significantly lower than my passenger side rear. I had it looked at by a Mercedes repair shop and they concluded my springs were leaking. I then decided to get a second opinion from a guy that fixes Mercedes and he said there was absolutely nothing wrong with my springs. I then took it Mercedes where it sat for 48 hours but never sank as low and it gave off no codes that anything was wrong. As soon as I brought it home the problem started again where when parked it would sink but once I drive it elevated to a normal level. Keep in mind the Mercedes dealership found had worked on that issue 2 years ago ago and fixed it. But even after leaving the car with them this time it never sank and there were no error codes. Any idea what the problem is please ?
When I unlock it it autmoatically starts restoring itself to a somewhat regular height level. I actually get a kick out of watching it self correct.

Last edited by Johnnychicago; 08-08-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 753 Likes on 734 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W211 forum...
Old 08-09-2016, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,742 Likes on 1,389 Posts
1922 Ford Model T / no OBD
Your airmatic compressor starts with door opening?
Mine will not run unless I start the engine.
How old are the bags?
When somebody says "absolutely nothing wrong" in those cars - it is indication for me that the person doesn't know much about the model.
Those cars are so complex that same symptom can be indication of 4 or even 6 different problems.
You won't go far without some troubleshooting.
The suspension will keep pumping itself up, but now your compressor works overtime, so sooner or later you will have 2 problems from 1.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Check for leak – air spring, compressor valve, and rear distributer (2). If fine, most likely intermittent internal spring leak. Consider sponsor https://mbworld.org/forums/private.p...newpm&u=226618 ARNOTT replacement https://www.arnottindustries.com/?gc...FU-Cfgod0IoNDA
Attached Thumbnails Left rear wheel super low when parked but no error codes /no spring issues-capture.jpg   Left rear wheel super low when parked but no error codes /no spring issues-capture2.jpg