The end of SBC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
Originally posted by HELL ONA HARLEY
B.T.W... My 2004 e500 has been absolutly flawless and the best driving experience hands down....The brakes are awesome and I'm extreamly happy with them and their performance as the whole car has exceded my expectations.... As it stands today I will choose to be a Mercedes customer for life...
I have to admit, my '04 E 500 has been virtually flawless. I had to have the radio software reprogrammed/upgraded for a couple of quirky things. (Built Nov '03) & I had a satellite antenna fail & replaced...but it is the first car I ever owned that didnt have to go back to the dealer at least once a month for the 1st 4 months. The REAL value of these cars is their resale value or the fact that they are built to last far longer than a 39 month lease... and man does it turn heads (both Male & Female) and the Women love it! Yeah, I'd have to say I'm a convert and will be a returning customer.
Old 04-29-2004, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Build date 2-04 E500
Originally posted by Petmerctech
Granted everything is nice and easy during the time you car is under warranty. It's just a inconvenience at most right now when something breaks or doesn't work on your car, but you'll feel differently when your car is out of warranty and you'll have to pay with your own money for repairs. Of course, most luxury car owners would probably trade in for the lastest models, but for the few that get attached to their car, the costs of repairs will be painful when it's out of warranty. Also, the reliability track record so far for the 211 isn't the best, and I wonder how it will fare when the car is closing in on 100,000 miles, especially the electronics on the car.
Geee, you just described the senario for just about every car bulit...ever....
Look, I have no crystal ball here to gaze into so I can't say I'm not going to have problems soon or at all... I was however smart enough to negotiate a great deal on the extended warranty (7 yrs/ 100,000 miles) so I feel I'm covered either way as I usually keep my cars to these limits.... About the cost of repairs, well most know the older cars get , they tend to be cheaper to repair than the newer ones as knowledge, techniques and epuiptment improve....