Old 10-17-2019, 10:35 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Looking for an R129
And you're not helping!
Old 10-17-2019, 01:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 E350
Originally Posted by tjts1
You're trying to talk sense to a bunch of 4 year olds. Good luck with that.

The FCP guarantee (it's not a warrantee) is completely worthless. Read the fine print.
Did you read the fine print? Its a pretty simple process and guarantee...whatever you buy is guaranteed for life. Buy a part, if the part wears, go back to FCP buy a new one, fill out a form, ship old part back, receive refund. Not that hard nor confusing. I've used FCP's Guarantee multiple times for everything ranging from motor oil to motor mounts, its legitimate.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 411 Likes on 342 Posts
C320
Originally Posted by My_E350
Did you read the fine print? Its a pretty simple process and guarantee...whatever you buy is guaranteed for life. Buy a part, if the part wears, go back to FCP buy a new one, fill out a form, ship old part back, receive refund. Not that hard nor confusing. I've used FCP's Guarantee multiple times for everything ranging from motor oil to motor mounts, its legitimate.
LOL if you believe that I've got a bridge to sell you. A sucker is born every day.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:36 PM

2008 E350
LOL if you believe that I've got a bridge to sell you. A sucker is born every day.
Ah i see, your just a troll.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 411 Likes on 342 Posts
C320
A couple of years ago I purchased a cooling system upgrade for my vehicle through FCP Euro, I chose FCP Euro because they offer a lifetime warranty on everything they sell. Fast forward to may when I ordered the kit again. I received my kit and installed the new parts and put all the old parts that were being sent into warranty in the packages they were sent as requested by FCP Euro. Next I filled out the return form and packed everything neatly in a box and shipped it off on 5/21/2018. The package was received and signed for by “W. W***” on 5/24/2018. On their website FCP says it takes just a few days to get everything processed so after several days I sent their customer service department an email and ask what the status of the return is. I was connected to Patrick H***** and he asked for my tracking number and what parts I returned so he could track them down. His responses were very prompt at first which started to slow to a frequency of once every two days or so always at the very end of the work day. But back to where I left off. After giving him the tracking number and all the documentation requested he informed me that the package was never at their facility. I did some investigation into the issue and discovered it was actually signed for by someone at FCP Euro by the name of “W. W***” I downloaded the documentation from ******* website and sent it to patrick and he informed me that because they receive a high volume of packages sometimes they sign for things without verifying they are on the shipment pallet. He told me to file a claim with ***** which frustrated me because at this point I knew ***** was not going to do anything for me because the package had been signed for. I let him know that and I asked for his supervisors contact information. He responded saying that his supervisor agreed that I would need to file claim formally with ***** but he did not send his supervisors contact information as requested. I collected myself and decided I would go through the motions so that we could get this issue resolved, it had tied up a lot of my time and there was no sense in arguing. I filed the claim and a few days later I got a response from ***** saying that they had confirmed that the package had been delivered and that the claim had been closed. I contacted Patrick again to let him know that I had gone through all the motions and that all fingers were pointing to an internal issue at FCP and that I believed that it wasn’t fair to make the customer go through all this hassle despite their “no hassle returns” they advertise on their website. I asked him to CC his supervisor with all future emails now that all the checkboxes had been ticked and he responded telling me that the package never arrived and that he would send whatever documentation that would be needed to resolve the claim with *****. The claim has been closed so furter documentation would be of no use. The total amount of money in question is $250.62 and at this point Patrick has not responded for 3 days despite me saying in the last message that if they didn’t have a resolution for me by friday I would be escalating the issue. I don’t know what to do at this point but it is an issue that I’m certain the Better Business Bureau needs to know about. I have all the documentation, emails, ***** documents, and FCP Euro documents and if any of those documents are needed during this investigation I would me more than happy to provide them.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ct/milford/pr...093/complaints

Good luck collecting on that "guarantee" sucker.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:49 PM

2008 E350

Amazing, a company that does over 100M in sales and sells to millions has 4 BBB complaints in a span of 3 years. Ironically all of the complaints in BBB were given refunds as well, even when the consumers problem was not with FCP but a carrier, or failing to follow a defined process. You sure showed us!
Old 10-17-2019, 01:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,173 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic

Did you actually read the results of that complaint? They responded and the customer was satisfied. Who is really the sucker here?

Only 4 complaints and all of them were resolved. Not really sure what you were trying to prove.
Old 10-17-2019, 04:10 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Looking for an R129
tjts1 . . . I repeat, you're not helping. Is the idea to score points of fellow enthusiasts and prove you're ''right' - or - helping each other? Please reconsider the adversarial/inflammatory comments and instead, share what you have actual experience with versus of opinions. Especially because one of the guys here says he's used their warranty procedure. And honstly, 4 BBB complaints, which have been resolved isn't really a lot, nor does it show me a pattern of 'bad' behavior sufficient to scare me away. Anyway, once again, please chill a little and let's work to get along because I'm sure you have a lot to contribute and if you're just a little nicer in your approach your input will be very welcome by more folks, and appreciated.
Old 01-08-2022, 05:26 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 E320 CDI & 2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by pittsdriver;[url=tel:7316787
7316787[/url]]Yes you can find the mounts online for a wide range of prices and who knows what the quality is. That being said the cost on the parts was less than half the total bill. Did I overpay for the parts?....maybe; however, unless I think I'm being screwed hard it's better to go with the flow since they are in a great position to take advantage on the next repair if they want to. They know that I'm very familiar with my car and what parts cost by the way I talk to them. They know I have a scanner and can read codes when a light comes on because I tell them what codes I saw. I don't tell them how to fix my car but I let them know I'm not clueless.
You really overpaid for that service.
you can get a pair of hood OEM+ quality mounts from FCPEURO with a lifetime warranty for $180.
The Indy I took it too charged $100 in labor to change it.
Old 04-20-2022, 12:03 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2005 E320 CDI
I have a 2005 E320 CDI with 235k miles and original motor mounts.

Do you really have to remove the engine supports to get the motor mounts out?

Is there a way to identify which mount is bad or do you just assume you need them all?

Thanks,
Peter
Old 04-20-2022, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,502 Likes on 1,173 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
Originally Posted by ptkacik
I have a 2005 E320 CDI with 235k miles and original motor mounts.

Do you really have to remove the engine supports to get the motor mounts out?

Is there a way to identify which mount is bad or do you just assume you need them all?

Thanks,
Peter
There's only two motor mounts. If one is bad, the other one is probably bad too, it's not like one can go bad and the other is fine. The engine basically sits on the motor mounts. So if one is collapsed, the other one must be too. You should get them at FCPEuro, they have a lifetime warranty so if they go again, you can get another set for free. Already replaced mine twice, first went at around 60k second I think was at 110 or 120k or thereabouts. Yours have probably been gone a long time and you didn't know it. They're liquid filled and the part holding the liquid in cracks and then no more vibration protection.

And speaking of FCPeuro, I'm finally sending some parts back. They're still in business so we'll see what happens, sending in some pads and rotors.
Old 04-21-2022, 09:46 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
E350 4matic Wagon
RWD or 4matic

Originally Posted by pittsdriver
I have a 2006 e320 CDI with 185,000 miles. Today I had the motor and transmission mounts replaced at my indy shop for $802. I was happy to pay that amount because last time they failed at around 90,000 miles I seem to recall paying the dealer $1500+/- for this job!

I see these threads on this forum about motor mounts, vibration, grinding noises, etc. DON'T ignore this because letting vibration occur over time will break other things.

In my case I didn't notice the increase in vibration over time because it was so slight until last week on a cold morning the car was chattering like, well like an old school diesel Benz and I immediately knew what was wrong.
On my 4matic wagon there are two options: from the top getting alternator and AC compressor out of the way, or from the bottom removing front drive axles.

I’ll do it from the bottom replacing the struts and springs at the same time.

“Mercedes Benz: drives like a dream, spends like a nightmare.” WDV
Old 05-03-2022, 04:44 PM

2005 E320 CDI
FWIW, the three mounts came out and new ones went back in pretty easily. I did have access to a nice lift and a tall jack stand to push up on the engine.

The ‘05 CDI has a straight six so there isn’t an exhaust on both sides to deal with. The transmission mount was the easiest by far.

Peter
Old 05-05-2022, 10:56 AM

Received 130 Likes on 105 Posts
20' RCF, 18' NX, 09' E350, 07' Solara, 05' STi, 01' Ranger
What was a tall tale sign of the bad mount for those that have replaced them? IE: Did the car shake/vibrate more or what is a factor when checking them to see if they are bad? Mine are original to the car 09'. and I have roughly 65k miles on the vehicle.

-Nigel
Old 05-05-2022, 11:45 AM

2005 E320 CDI
Yes, the car was vibrating more at cold idle.

However, when I replaced them, I found all three quite a bit shorter then the new ones so there might be a length measurement but it would be hard to measure in a car. It was hard to install the left and right with the engine jacked enough for removal and I had to jack it a bit higher to reinstall. I also had the jack the transmission slightly to get the holes to align but that was a trivial task.

The car was also smoother on the highway after the replacement so it wasn’t just an idle vibration thing. But the idle vibration was pretty noticeable.

Peter
Old 05-05-2022, 11:48 AM

2005 E320 CDI
FWIW, on most failed mounts with dampers in them, I’ve seen oil leaking out. These mounts didn’t have that oil leak and were pretty clean.

Peter