SCM Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2023, 02:18 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E55 AMG
Vcx

Originally Posted by juanmor40
I have the iCarSoft specific for European vehicles. From the iCarsoft support group, they told me it is equivalent to the MB V2 version, and I can access all the modules. Will I buy it again after using the "hacked" XEntry installation? Not by any chance. I learned quite a bit from it, but I would not use it unless in a pinch (I keep it in the trunk compartment just in case)

To hack an XEntry, you need a decent old laptop (i5/i7 4th or higher generation), at least 256GB, a OBD2 interface device (Tactrix OpenPort 2.0, or better yet a VCX MB aware one) and the time to configure it. The expensive part will be the VCX MB-aware device. Of course, you can skip all this and contact BenzNinja and get a turn-key system as well.

Coincidence this thread (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post8771331 ) started today ?

any idea on total cost on one of these?
Old 05-03-2023, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,544 Likes on 2,360 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
ODB2 rules data

Originally Posted by Supercharge
I will look into this also tonight after work. Never performed the pin-out and jump across the socket before... Uncharted waters for me..
Well you gotta make progress...

1-- you can emulate the relay command with paper-clip jumper

- Or

2-- you read the horn signals using a scanner connected to SCM and F-SAM modules.

My money still on poor signaling in the SCM Steering wheel ballpark!

Skip relay test at will... but do test horn status data.
🤞

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 05-03-2023 at 06:59 PM.
Old 05-03-2023, 09:06 PM

E55 AMG
Well guys I'm a little mentally fried and had to walk away from the E55 project tonight, washed a couple cars instead. I'm planning to get back on the saddle tomorrow and try as many of the suggestions as possible. I was telling the wife this forum is one of the best ones I have been a part of. I don't know any of you guys, but you are all willing to take the time and type out suggestions for me, thanks!! I wish i could have you all over to the garage to brain storm.
The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (05-03-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 06:55 PM

E55 AMG
E55 Issues

Originally Posted by juanmor40
The process you described is the reverse one. In that case, the order is
1 - direct wiring the horn, check
2 - test relay. That is two step process. And you need a voltmeter, or test light. Relay must have a hot pin, 12 V, a control pins, for the module to activate, one to the horn.
So, you need to check out is live, i.e 12V check? If so, you need to direct connect hot to horn pin, using a fused wire, does the horn work? If so the problem is upstream; otherwise, problem is downstream (broken wire)
3 - does the control signal arrives to the relay location? A test light to ground and press the horn at the steering wheel. Check? If it does, the relay has a problem; otherwise, further upstream
4 - module upstream, N80? Not certain without diagram.
5 - test before N80, that is behind the steering wheel before the SCM. This test is to separate the failure points between harness/switches from N80 board.

​​​​​hope that helps
*Performed horn direct wire test... honk.honk works
*Relay tested fine
3 - does the control signal arrives to the relay location? A test light to ground and press the horn at the steering wheel ******* Not sure how to perform this one
4 - module upstream, N80? Not certain without diagram. Didn't get to test this one, need diagram
Old 05-04-2023, 07:03 PM

E55 AMG
Drove the E55 to work today, noticed paddle shifters don't function either. It's everything on the steering wheel. Cruse, wipers, turn signals, power tilt all fine. It seems to me the steering wheel buttons are getting any power to even allow them to function. Checked every fuse on the car tonight hoping to get lucky, all good...
Old 12-10-2023, 02:04 PM

E55 AMG
It's a late reply but a reply none the less. I have resolved my no horn or steering wheel control buttons not working. I replaced the Steering Angle Sensor Control unit or SCM. Pelican part number 211-545-01-16-mbz $234.75
The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (12-10-2023)