E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Can someone please post pics of Pewter??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 05:58 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Can someone please post pics of Pewter??

Any pics of car and interior combo's are appreciated.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Re: Can someone please post pics of Pewter??

Originally posted by PUZZ1
Any pics of car and interior combo's are appreciated.
Check out one of my web sites below. Pewter Silver with Ash Leather.

Enjoy!

http://members.***.net/benze320/
Old 05-27-2004, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
NJ, beautiful car! Interior and exterior color tones go real well together!
Old 05-27-2004, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
2015 ML 350
The picture above (on my computer) looks to be an accurate representation of my pewter car's color. I got the Stone interior & get comments on its good looks almost every day. I LOVE a light color interior, but it does require more care before you get into the car & not stepping in anything along the way...but the look is awesome! The advantage you gain with the "gray" interior is that you could use black mats if you wanted to which hide dirt better than the light color stone mats.

My solution was to buy another set of 4 mats ($100.) which will become my Spring/Summer mats after next winter...I can't see covering the floor mats with floor mats to keep the floor's protection, protected. Some people prefer M-B's parts dwept color matched rubber mats.

The stone carpeted mats DO come very clean when you spray the stains with Blue Coral carpet & upholstery cleaner & gently rub the mats (Not the carpet on the kick panels, those I would just gently blot those areas). Mine always come out spotless.

Another hint buy a can of VM&P Naptha at a paint store/home center/hardware store. It is an excellent bug & tar remover on the paint & will remove almost any stain including chewing gum & tar from your floor mats/carpeting. Soak a paper towel with it & blot the tar/stain turning the towel often as the stain will migrate into the towel & you don't want to put it back into the carpet. It works like magic. (Or a good dry cleaning fluid.

**** NAPTHA IS NOT FOR USE ON LEATHER !!!!! *****

If you get it on your hands, you will see how it removes the oil from your hands & leaves them dry & white. You will develop more moisturizers on your skin in about an hour. The leather can't.

Last edited by Barry45RPM; 05-28-2004 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI;'04 S2k;'94 Supra TT;'10 QX56;'38 Buick;98 Port City Offset Late Model
MB is a company that must have 10 shades of grey. You really need to see the colors OUTDOORS in person. Inside, either with flourscents or tungsten lighting, colors look different.

Pewter is a rich looking, slightly milky, very slightly blue, medium grey. I think it is very sharp.

It is too close, yet different, from the ash interior to use with ash interior, IMHO. Looks like a bad match and gives the ash a puddy look. Stone, Java, Charcoal all work fine.

The only MB W211 color I have an issue with is Capri Blue.

That said, we ordered white. My wife "doesn't pay for paint" and doesn't like silver or grey. Pewter would have been one of my top three colors.

David
Old 05-28-2004, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E46 M3
Pics of non-sport pewter E's can be found here:

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=71190
Old 05-28-2004, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
I sort of think they have too many shades of gray too. I find the color choices that remain not a creative choice on the part of MB, once you remove the basic Black, White and all the Grays from the palette.
Old 05-28-2004, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally posted by DavidNJ

Pewter is a rich looking, slightly milky, very slightly blue, medium grey. I think it is very sharp.

It is too close, yet different, from the ash interior to use with ash interior, IMHO. Looks like a bad match and gives the ash a puddy look. Stone, Java, Charcoal all work fine.

David
I guess I am having trouble with your color descriptions. I do not find the Pewter Silver "slightly milky" or "very slightly blue, medium grey." I see the Pewter as a warm grey but certainly not "milky." I also fail to see a "slightly blue" component...more a gold or warmer color.

The ash interior has a dark grey dash with window trim of the same color. The Ash leather is definitely "grey" and not "puddy" in color. The best I can do to describe the Ash is it looks like ashes from a wood fire in color. I think the color coordination is perfect for the Pewter exterior and with Charcoal mats makes for a really nice matching interior.

We all have our choices and favorites but I felt I had to comment on your assessment of the "puddy" looking Ash leather.

You are 100% correct in trying to select a color combination...go to the showroom and look at it with artificial lighting and natural lighting. The difference is amazing!
Old 05-29-2004, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 ML 350
How can anyone "discribe" a color accurately? Your monitor will display color based on the way it is set up. You have to go see it or at least request a brochure w/ color chips. Anyway, a nice color on one model, may not look as nice an another smaller or larger model.
Old 05-29-2004, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E46 M3
Originally posted by Barry45RPM
How can anyone "discribe" a color accurately? Your monitor will display color based on the way it is set up. You have to go see it or at least request a brochure w/ color chips. Anyway, a nice color on one model, may not look as nice an another smaller or larger model.
To see if which color you like the most, the best way is to go the dealers and see the cars... at least that's what I do
Old 05-29-2004, 01:23 PM

'05 E320 CDI;'04 S2k;'94 Supra TT;'10 QX56;'38 Buick;98 Port City Offset Late Model
Actually, you can describe a color accurately but you can't describe how it looks!!!

Colors can be described in any of three systems: Hue-Saturation-Brightness (HSB); Red-Green-Blue (RGB, an additive algorithm that is similar to a TV tube screen), and Cyan-Magenta-Yellow-Black (CMYK, a subractive algorithm similar to a magazine). A screen can be color corrected (the SMPTE color bars and blue screen supported by pro video gear for example).

However, what you see is a function of the paper, inks, phosphors, clear coats, added materials (metallic, pearl, candy apple, etc.), and how they are applied. And everyone's eyes see colors a little differently. And colors can seem different depending on what colors they are next to and the ambient lighting.

So, I will go back to my original suggestion: see the car in daylight and maybe exterior nighttime lights. Do NOT use the dealers showroom as an example of color. His lights are probably all over the place with color temperature an accuracy. Nothing will look the same.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:04 PM

2004 E500
Pewter is silver-grey with brown hue. It is towards the taupe (grey-brown) end of the color spectrum, definitely not blue.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:17 PM

2003 E500
Agree with Rudegar. We see a lot of brown in the color, especially on overcast days. No blue at all. Not a really common color here in Chicago and we have gotten many compliments on it. We think the ash interior looks great with pewter but it's a matter of taste. It is harder to keep clean - definitely get some charcoal mats.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:20 PM

W211
Originally posted by DavidNJ

Maybe you're thinking of the new Granite Grey? That has some blue.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 E320, 2006 Audi A6, 2008 C350 W204, 2010 BMW F10, 2012 Porsche Carrera S 991, 2014 E350 W212
sigh........... I got some nice pictures of my car.. but, I can't post them.. they are too big. anyone can help me???!!! please!!!
Old 06-30-2004, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
I had my car set on pewter when I ordered it. Loved the color 75% of the time. But sometimes it looked too gold, and I HATE gold cars with a passion. So I b*tched out and got silver.. be sure that you can handle the gold undertones. I really wish they had a pewter without the gold in it, best color ever.

edit: sorry for hijacking these pics, but they are great (not my car)
Attached Thumbnails Can someone please post pics of Pewter??-img_0171.jpg   Can someone please post pics of Pewter??-img_0176.jpg  
Old 06-30-2004, 08:10 AM

With the exception of, IMHO, Capri Blue under certain lighting, MB doesn't have any questionable colors on the W211. Even Capri Blue is fine 80% of the time.

The only issue is matching interior to externior colors. Not that its bad, rather that in some circumstances it changes the tone of the interior color when they are viewed together. However MB is only using really nice shades for the interior (Stone, Ash, Charcoal, and Pacific Blue), so again, no real mistake is possible.