E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Transmission fault:p2767

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 01:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E500 4matic
Originally Posted by tjts1
This is wrong, don't listen to this guy. He is completely clueless.
Inever said anything about that code, I was talking about the jerkyness. DO NOT reuse the TCC solenoid at 175k miles.
The "clunk" - when "letting off the gas", and only in sport mode - can come from ANYTHING (engine/ trans-mount, rubber flex plates...). This problem may or may not be related to the failure code.

But once a code has been pulled (see first post), I would always start with fixing this code because it's REAL. This requires a new conductor plate (around 80-100 bucks).

Everything else is just a GUESS.

Yes, it may be a good Idee to replace the TCC solenoid once the mechatronic unit is out and the conductor plate gets changed (I will do this too on my car this weekend due to lockup issues - YT video follows).

But is it necessary? Well, we don't know, because we don't know if/ when the solenoid was replaced before. I can't imagine a unit with lots of miles on it still running with the first set of solenoids. Is it the first unit? Do we know how many miles it ran?

NO!

So I would be thankful not getting bashed for correct advices.

And yes, I thought you are referring to code p2767 BECAUSE THAT'S THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD.

Last edited by AUTOdidact; 06-13-2019 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-13-2019, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 E350
Originally Posted by AUTOdidact
The "clunk" - when "letting off the gas", and only in sport mode - can come from ANYTHING (engine/ trans-mount, rubber flex plates...). This problem may or may not be related to the failure code.

But once a code has been pulled (see first post), I would always start with fixing this code because it's REAL. This requires a new conductor plate (around 80-100 bucks).

Everything else is just a GUESS.

Yes, it may be a good Idee to replace the TCC solenoid once the mechatronic unit is out and the conductor plate gets changed (I will do this too on my car this weekend due to lockup issues - YT video follows).

But is it necessary? Well, we don't know, because we don't know if/ when the solenoid was replaced before. I can't imagine a unit with lots of miles on it still running with the first set of solenoids. Is it the first unit? Do we know how many miles it ran?

NO!

So I would be thankful not getting bashed for correct advices.

And yes, I thought you are referring to code p2767 BECAUSE THAT'S THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD.
I appreciate this advice. Problem is I don't have a lift otherwise I don't think this would be to hard for someone with about 0 mechanic experience. Another question- this started when I got the car I had an MB guy look at it with star??? I mentioned to him the problems I experience he looked into the trans modules and came back with nothing. I currently don't have a check engine either this simply pulled from
A free app. Could it be an error
Old 06-13-2019, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 411 Likes on 342 Posts
C320
Originally Posted by Autolevel61
I appreciate this advice. Problem is I don't have a lift otherwise I don't think this would be to hard for someone with about 0 mechanic experience. Another question- this started when I got the car I had an MB guy look at it with star??? I mentioned to him the problems I experience he looked into the trans modules and came back with nothing. I currently don't have a check engine either this simply pulled from
A free app. Could it be an error
You don't need a lift to drop the pan. Jack stands is more than enough.