E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Courtesy Motors of Chico - scheming on extended warranty?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E320
Courtesy Motors of Chico - scheming on extended warranty?

Folks on the forum probably know that one can get cheaper priced MB extended warranty from Lisa Lehrbaum at Courtesy Motors of Chico, CA. There have been threads complaining about delay of several months before that warranty shows on MB computers. In my case, it's been 8 month.

I called Lisa a few times, and on every occasion she faxes papers to MB. Well...

Does anyone understand the scheme Courtesy Motors plays? Obviously I have 4 years before I need that warranty, so no rush... as long as they don't take my $$ and wait till some statute of limitations has expired. I am wondering if this is time for me to take a cross country drive to CA and through that dealership's windows or something (disclaimer: not actually violent).

Opinions?
Old 08-03-2004, 03:53 PM

04 E500 4MATIC WAGON
For me it took 4 months, Lisa stayed on top of it. You can call MBUSA in NJ
and they will tell you if you are registered in there computer, this is what I did 2 months in. They confirmed I was covered and I would receive the paper work in a couple of months. Lisa has the phone number.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:24 PM

2003 E-500
Originally Posted by jbmaxx
For me it took 4 months, Lisa stayed on top of it. You can call MBUSA in NJ
and they will tell you if you are registered in there computer, this is what I did 2 months in. They confirmed I was covered and I would receive the paper work in a couple of months. Lisa has the phone number.
You don't have to call MBUSA. Your dealer can input your VIN and it will show instantly on their computer. The day after I got my warranty, it was in their computer system and showed on a routine repair ticket I got from my dealer. I still don't have the book from MBUSA but what is most important is that it's in the MB world wide computer system. The book will eventually come. By the way, last week, I got another black blanket from MBUSA. The third one I've gotten. It appears like they send you one about 11 months after you've had your car. Nice black box to store it in. Enjoy your car and hope you don't have to use the warranty.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:14 PM

2003 E320
jbmaxx , if you meant 800-for-merc, this is the place giving me negative status on the warranty.

Double Eagle, thanks for good wishes. I have called my local dealer, and they don't see the warranty. Time to kick some dust I guess.
Old 12-17-2004, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
Gethen,

I bought an ext warranty from Lisa also... bought & paid in Jan 2003, and it didn't show up in the system until end of August 2003. So, while mine only took 7 months versus your 8 months, I can understand your frustration.

check this thread if you are interested in the whole development of things...
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...2&page=1&pp=10

also, I think I may have found the root of my problem through my local advisor.

This is what happened...
somehow, someway, someone entered a mileage in my service record that didn't jive in the right order... for instance:

01/2003 oil change 12,000 miles
05/2003 warranty repair 15,000 miles
06/2003 brake replacement 14,000 miles (1 month later, and 1,000 miles less)

these are not the real facts, but, an example above has the mileage inputted incorrectly, and therefore, the MB system flagged it as incorrect mileage on the car. any issues with mileage is and can be considered breach on warranty as they may find you to be tampering with your odometer and such.

so, i assume after MBUSA reviews the case, and finds that there is no actual worthy discrepancy, then the application for ext warranty will go through...

you should check with your advisor if any such issues are the case with your car...
Old 12-17-2004, 06:08 PM

2005 E55, 2010 ML350
I picked up my car on 11/21 of this year (2004), and it already shows in the Mercedes computer that I have the extended warranty. I bought the 36 month/100k warranty from Lisa. That's under a month...
Old 12-21-2004, 06:36 PM

Lisa is very hard to reach????

Originally Posted by gmdebruyn
I picked up my car on 11/21 of this year (2004), and it already shows in the Mercedes computer that I have the extended warranty. I bought the 36 month/100k warranty from Lisa. That's under a month...
While many people seems to have no problem buying warranty from Lisa,
I've left my number on her voice mail twice (last week and today), and she hasn't returned my call. The receptionist said she's in the office but she just doesn't seem to want to pick up the phone or return phone call?
Any other delaers sell extended warranty at a price close to Lisa?
Old 12-21-2004, 07:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Check with the salesman you bought the car from. Mine quoted me a price $100 less than Lisa's....
Old 12-22-2004, 05:06 PM

Found Lisa and bought the warranty

[update:]
Managed to get a hold of Lisa finally, (called her again & again). She seems nice and straight forward. She said she'll process the paper work today....will see if she delivers.

She also mentioned I have 90 days to cancel and even if I don't cacnel the warranty is fully refundable if:

the car is totaled before warranty starts kicking in.
the car is traded in to a dealer before warranty starts kicking in ( didn't ask whether it has to be a MB dealer)

Anyone have the contract can confirm ?