E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

Android with 6m cable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 03:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB e class w211
Android with 6m cable

hello, i put the android in place of the original player with 6m cable. The problem is that the panel shows that the audio off and steering wheel buttons are not working, but the multimedia is working. Maybe somebody

know the problem? Can-B connected.

Last edited by purplehd; 01-14-2021 at 04:11 AM.
Old 01-18-2021, 03:22 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
'07 E350 (W211)
You won't get anything on the dash display, audio off is what my Android headunit shows as well - it doesn't know how to talk to the dash display.

Assuming you have the canbus connected (which for me my stereo wouldn't power on without it so you may be good there).... you may just need to go into the settings and configure your steering wheel buttons. I believe mine worked out of the box, but I once did a reset on the device and had to reprogram each button on the steering wheel and android head unit to do what I wanted. There is a passcode to get into the admin settings where you can do this, each manufacturer has a different code... I have an LM and it's m123456.... yours looks different than mine though so you may need to hunt around. Here is a good place to start: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/p...b-ram.3734189/
Old 01-19-2021, 06:50 AM

MB e class w211
Originally Posted by robbieas
You won't get anything on the dash display, audio off is what my Android headunit shows as well - it doesn't know how to talk to the dash display.

Assuming you have the canbus connected (which for me my stereo wouldn't power on without it so you may be good there).... you may just need to go into the settings and configure your steering wheel buttons. I believe mine worked out of the box, but I once did a reset on the device and had to reprogram each button on the steering wheel and android head unit to do what I wanted. There is a passcode to get into the admin settings where you can do this, each manufacturer has a different code... I have an LM and it's m123456.... yours looks different than mine though so you may need to hunt around. Here is a good place to start: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/p...b-ram.3734189/
. until it shows the audio off, can't set the steering wheel button as it blocks all steering control. factory setting does not help.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:09 AM

2009 MB E350 4Matic W211
Originally Posted by purplehd
hello, i put the android in place of the original player with 6m cable. The problem is that the panel shows that the audio off and steering wheel buttons are not working, but the multimedia is working. Maybe somebody

know the problem? Can-B connected.

Hi, just wondering if the original HU has a fiber optic cable to the AMP in the trunk ? What year and model is your MB?
Old 01-19-2021, 10:23 AM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
'07 E350 (W211)
I had the Harmon Kardon system in my 2007 E350, and yes, it had a fiber optic line to the amp in the trunk. Not sure if the other stereo systems available used fiber, I believe they do. That doesn't have anything to do with steering wheel controls though, I removed the entire factory stereo system including amp, DVD navigation drive, and the head unit.

It seems like you don't have the canbus connected properly. Do you have accessory power or full power going to your head unit? You should be using full power and the canbus handles on/off. If you are using accessory power to power the headunit, you may not be connected to the canbus.

I helped someone else with this in the past and took a few pictures of where I connected to the canbus, this may be helpful: https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...tall-help.html