E-Class (W211) 2003-2009

active headlights revisited

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2004, 02:32 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
active headlights revisited

i was wondering how many people have successfully gotten 04 cars retrofitted with the curve sensing headlights? i know one member got it for sure.

i was under the impression that as long as the appearance package was ordered, it included the active (as well as curve sensing) lights. the service advisor i spoke with said that the package does not include the curve sensing lights. can anyone confirm this? thanks.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 E350 wagon; BMW G12 (2020) G01 (2019)
Originally Posted by vtec26
i was wondering how many people have successfully gotten 04 cars retrofitted with the curve sensing headlights? i know one member got it for sure.

i was under the impression that as long as the appearance package was ordered, it included the active (as well as curve sensing) lights. the service advisor i spoke with said that the package does not include the curve sensing lights. can anyone confirm this? thanks.
I got my dealer to retro the active headlights for a 04 E320 wagon, w/o the appearance package but with the lighting package that was clearly described on line as having active headlights. I am not sure they will do this routinely, as I think the fact thyat I have dealt with the same dealer for almost 20 years and have bought 10 cars from them led them to do me a favor. But there is no harm in insisting that MB make good on its representations.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:54 AM
Almost a Member!

'04 E500
Although I felt misled, I did not pursue the issue as I felt the retrofit would have been more effort than the benefit I would have derived from it.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:09 AM

'05 E320 CDI, '07 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2007 Porsche GT3
FWIW, my '04 E-Class sales brochure states that the Appearance Package includes "Bi-Xenon low-beam and high-beam headlights with active curve illumination system". The brochure carries the usual disclaimer that M-B reserves the right to make changes at any time, however.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
...we retrofitted active bi xenons in Scorchies 2003 E55 as well...fairly easy when the car already has regular xenon lights and you have a stardiagnose system at hand...

greetingz,
Old 09-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
How does this feature work? I'm familiar with something on the w203 that allows the fogs to illuminate light in the direction the steering wheel is turning. Is it the same way on the E's?
Old 09-10-2004, 03:17 PM
Almost a Member!

is this something i should insist the dealer do? it seems that the dealer i bought it from is unwilling to do this and it will turn out to be a big hassle for me. anyhow, i guess the only proof is the brochure with the disclaimer right?
Old 09-10-2004, 04:28 PM

My '04 E500 w/App Package also listed the active headlights as part of the option, of which I never received. I ordered the car from MarcusBenz, and asked him to help me get the retrofit, but I never heard back from him on this.

I didn't have the time/patience to chase this down personally. How much does it cost to add it yourself, MBenzNL? Scorchie is just down the road from me - he's already done my OEM Sirius sat install.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by kyee
How much does it cost to add it yourself, MBenzNL? Scorchie is just down the road from me - he's already done my OEM Sirius sat install.
Mail me at Steve@MBenzNL.com ... At this moment I have ONE more set of active cornering lights available for the W211 and will be in the US (Scorchie's place) within 2 weeks from now...don't wait too long when you are seriously interested as the crate with parts needed for the next trip will be shipped soon...

greetingz,
Old 09-11-2004, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by MBenzNL
don't wait too long when you are seriously interested as the crate with parts needed for the next trip will be shipped soon...
please ship before tuesday... please ship before tuesday... please ship before tuesday...

Guess I better pack my pallet jack.

-s-
Old 09-12-2004, 07:33 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

some slow@$$diesels
Originally Posted by scorchie
please ship before tuesday... please ship before tuesday... please ship before tuesday...
I was thinking about thursday or friday...but that means that the crates have to be ready by wednesday as we will be at MB on thursday and friday...

greetingz,